Corsair RMA

Tetters

All,

Earlier this month my K30 keyboard suffered a massive brain-fart and the LEDs died along with some of the keys. After a quick conversation with a charming girl at Corsair in California I applied for a RMA. With in 24 hours of emailing the details in, I received the RMA receipt and packed up my keyboard and sent it off. Corsair emailed me when it arrived in California and again when the RMA process was complete. They emailed again when the replacement was shipped out and four days later, I had a brand new key board in my hands.

The process count have been easier, the girl on the phone couldn't have been more helpful and overall, a big thumbs up to Corsair for the ease and speed of the process in all.

The only complaint I have is not related to Corsair, but USPS. I paid for full USPS tracking with the postage and according to them, my keyboard is still waiting clearance from US customs at the border!!!!! Even Canada post was able to tell me more information about the keyboard's location as it was in transit until it cleared US customs ....

Cheers

T

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

Good for you!  what else should I say...  ^_^

┏(◑̃.◑̃)┛ Totally Not Dangerous ┏(◐̃.◐̃)┛

i7 4790K / 16GB RAM \ 250GB SSD

I recently RMAd my K95

i didnt have the original receipt and they made a huge deal about it

i had to take a pic of all my other corsair parts and the serial numbers and post the pictures, then they processed the RMA

was a pain in the ass but ive learnt my lesson, keeping all my receipts from now on...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

All,

Earlier this month my K30 keyboard suffered a massive brain-fart and the LEDs died along with some of the keys. After a quick conversation with a charming girl at Corsair in California I applied for a RMA. With in 24 hours of emailing the details in, I received the RMA receipt and packed up my keyboard and sent it off. Corsair emailed me when it arrived in California and again when the RMA process was complete. They emailed again when the replacement was shipped out and four days later, I had a brand new key board in my hands.

The process count have been easier, the girl on the phone couldn't have been more helpful and overall, a big thumbs up to Corsair for the ease and speed of the process in all.

The only complaint I have is not related to Corsair, but USPS. I paid for full USPS tracking with the postage and according to them, my keyboard is still waiting clearance from US customs at the border!!!!! Even Canada post was able to tell me more information about the keyboard's location as it was in transit until it cleared US customs ....

Cheers

T

This makes my day better as Corsair had time to resolve your problem well.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

general discussion is for tech conversation, not the joke that is USPS tracking

i kid

usps tracking is pretty abysmal compared to UPS tracking.

UPS tracking for a package I got today, I got 9 updates in 3 days, from origin scan to delivery

USPS  the only time I get detailed tracking is when it arrives at the wrong post office and has to be forwarded to the correct one.

well.. as much as people seem to hate on RMA.

this shows that if theres a real problem, the company gives you real help.

the retailer where i get my stuff has a pretty bad rma reputation (just like everyone else these days...) and when i realised (a good long time after their warranty period) that my uninterruptable power supply had a dead battery (kinda hard to miss that when power drops, and your devices drop with it) i gave them a call, they told me that outside the warranty period they dont cover it anymore, but told me to come in with the device if i could. 

when i arrived in their "service after sale" it was a pretty stuffed day: they had a DoA computer, a bad corsair H100i, and some other random crap.

when it was my turn i put my ups on the desk, packaged in its original box, and i explained my problem. the guy took the device to the back (he cannot judge on edge cases himself) and he returned with a new UPS, apologising for the inconvenience.

i've set up quite a reputation there:

- an issue with my tuf motherboard, seems an edge case between any tritton headphones, and any powerful computer (hence they advertise xbone/ps4 compat? -winkwink-)

- two DOA routers, one of which gave its final breath on their testbench.

- a third router that was REALLY moody at times

- a DOA ups to keep the dodgy router alive, at this point i realised it was probably dirty power in my area causing the issue.

sorry but lol

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

sorry but lol

What's funny here?...

What's funny here?...

usps ive had so many problems with them in the past

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

usps ive had so many problems with them in the past

Oooh. Wouldn't know about that, don't live there. :P

This makes my day better as Corsair had time to resolve your problem well.

They really exceeded my expectations

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

general discussion is for tech conversation, not the joke that is USPS tracking

i kid

usps tracking is pretty abysmal compared to UPS tracking.

UPS tracking for a package I got today, I got 9 updates in 3 days, from origin scan to delivery

USPS  the only time I get detailed tracking is when it arrives at the wrong post office and has to be forwarded to the correct one.

UPS handled the delivery home and they were amazing .....

Oooh. Wouldn't know about that, don't live there. :P

I wouldn't have known either, my impressions were that they would have been pretty tip-top .... 

I recently RMAd my K95

i didnt have the original receipt and they made a huge deal about it

i had to take a pic of all my other corsair parts and the serial numbers and post the pictures, then they processed the RMA

was a pain in the ass but ive learnt my lesson, keeping all my receipts from now on...

Happen to me. The keyboard was the only part I bought cash in person and didn't keep the receipt... But had to show them that I have spent way to much money on their other products. I had to Corsair keyboards die on me. I am stuck at finding what new board I wanna get. Cause I don't wanna deal with RMA for a 3rd time

Happen to me. The keyboard was the only part I bought cash in person and didn't keep the receipt... But had to show them that I have spent way to much money on their other products. I had to Corsair keyboards die on me. I am stuck at finding what new board I wanna get. Cause I don't wanna deal with RMA for a 3rd time

really?

all i had die on me was just the LEDs...

and im getting a RGB version back since the regular one is discontinued, so i wont have that problem again :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

really?

all i had die on me was just the LEDs...

and im getting a RGB version back since the regular one is discontinued, so i wont have that problem again :)

at first they told me mine was out of stock, if it was going to take too long I was going to push for a K70 or K95 .... then all of a sudden, mine appeared back in stock lol .. c'est la vie