G3258 Socket Cooling

iDeJayDzn

So i have a G3258 on a Gigabyte H81M-S2H Motherboard. However i have a 212 EVO that ive had laying around since i built my pc when i had to replace my H100i. I got that replaced and bought the 212 EVO in place of it whilst my h100i got back to me. That fit on my 5820k system perfectly fine. 

Now im building my sisters a computer and the 212 EVO doesn't fit the motherboard. Either i have a wrong bracket for the cooler or something but it seems too long to attach too it. Can i buy a different bracket to hold it down that is comptabile with the cooler or should i just use the stock cooler than comes with the cpu (Dont really want to)

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

CPU: Intel i7 5820K | Graphics Card: Zotac nVidia 1080 AMP!

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

They're both socket 1150 compliant so i dont understand why the mouting bracket doesnt fit. HELP.

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

They're both socket 1150 compliant so i dont understand why the mouting bracket doesnt fit. HELP.

Use the Intel side, or watch a you tube video of how to install. It's very simple

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Use the Intel side, or watch a you tube video of how to install. It's very simple

I figured it out thanks. You can pull the clips up on the bracket and move them. I didnt know because i didnt have to move them on my 5820K system. Thanks though!