android remote streaming from windows

Willson94

I'm looking for an app to run on my pc to stream my music and video to me when im out the house to my phone. what apps are you guys using? so far I've used bubbleupnp and emit the only down side to bubbleupnp ive found is the server isnt too stable and often needs restarting and emit just buffers an awful lot.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

My upload speeds aren't fast enough for streaming... AUSTRALIA!!! I've never had any issues with emit... If you can be bothered setting up VLC it's one of the better solutions available in my opinion. But you have to have the know how

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Plex, install the media server on your computer and the Plex app (it's actually on sale right now not sure for how long) on your Android, sign in and it will do all that, videos can even be converted on the fly for bandwidth or resolution constrictions.

You could always use for example FTP or something like that. I use ES File Explorer and MX Player to stream over my LAN and I *think* it supports streaming over FTP as well. You should even be able to run SFTP which will be encrypted.

Plex is good as well since it will transcode the video on the fly and therefore save bandwidth and offer better compatibility with devices.

cheers I'll have a look into those solutions and report back