Adblock no longer working

Go to solution Solved by Flamewalker,

My Adblock version is 2.6.6. The filter lists are enabled, should I keep them enabled? 99% of all Youtube videos I watch are not embedded.

I keep them enabled,

I did find on their support page that it might be caused by the new way youtube is loading videos.

"We'll look into this. We believe it is because of a recent change 

Google made to YouTube to make videos load faster and put a loading 

bar at the top of the page."

https://adblock.tenderapp.com/discussions/problems/26-ad-block-no-blocking-the-youtube-ads

Pretty strange that it still works for me though :/

I'd agree with you if the ads didn't play loud sounds from multiple diffident ads on the screen, and ruin my video experience. I'd have no problems if it was just ads before the video, or image only ads on the side, but the ones that make noise are really annoying, and made me block ads just because of it.

Plus I just donate to channels that I really like anyways, just like I did for LMG. ( I donated $25 so that I don't feel bad about that part, since that's way more than they'd ever get from one person over a whole lifetime )You

The OP's description of youtube adds sounds as if every video he is bombarded by un-closable pop-ups and constant loud videos. I receive ever one 30sec pre-roll (skip-able) or a small closable pop-up and sometimes a picture to the right of the video. That is my youtube adds experience, I hardly find it un-bearable. That's just me, maybe I am gifted in my ability to watch a few seconds of an add before skipping it and continuing to the video. 

Btw It's awesome that you donated. 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

The OP's description of youtube adds sounds as if every video he is bombarded by un-closable pop-ups and constant loud videos. I receive ever one 30sec pre-roll (skip-able) or a small closable pop-up and sometimes a picture to the right of the video. That is my youtube adds experience, I hardly find it un-bearable. That's just me, maybe I am gifted in my ability to watch a few seconds of an add before skipping it and continuing to the video. 

Btw It's awesome that you donated. 

The Op's question has been answered. No more needs to be said on this thread.

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Get AdBlock plus/beta... Or you could jsut leave it be out of the kindness of your heart?

EDIT: I also think that AdBlock no longer blocks non-intrusive ads... I have no idea though

You can make it so it blocks all ads.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The Op's question has been answered. No more needs to be said on this thread.

Very true, i just wanted to respond to the last person who quoted to me, I feel compelled to reply soz. 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

The OP was originally asking for help to fix the problem. Much like how people ask to use emulators (technically legal if they owned the games they wish to play).

This is NOTHING like an emulator.

If this site was owned by Nintendo, and OP had made it blatantly obvious that they had not purchased Mario Bros and was asking for advice on how to emulate it on a PC, then it would be comparable.

This is NOTHING like an emulator.

If this site was owned by Nintendo, and OP had made it blatantly obvious that they had not purchased Mario Bros and was asking for advice on how to emulate it on a PC, then it would be comparable.

But isn't blocking ads currently 'legal'? and just heavily frowned upon.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

But isn't blocking ads currently 'legal'? and just heavily frowned upon.

Yes, but that isn't what I'm getting at.

Legal or not, by blocking ads, he's directly negatively impacting LMG's income.

I've installed Adblock recently and i'm not having trouble with it. All annoying ads have disappeared on youtube and every other site i visit, which is a huge relief.

I do not endorse using adblocking software as it borders on illegal behaviour, it's one step away from being brought up in court. However, I do enjoy helping people with problems. Download 'Magic Actions for YouTube'. I believe one of the settings allows you to block all YouTube ads. I have not used it in 4 or 5 months, but it will probably still work

rofl