Adblock no longer working

Go to solution Solved by Flamewalker,

My Adblock version is 2.6.6. The filter lists are enabled, should I keep them enabled? 99% of all Youtube videos I watch are not embedded.

I keep them enabled,

I did find on their support page that it might be caused by the new way youtube is loading videos.

"We'll look into this. We believe it is because of a recent change 

Google made to YouTube to make videos load faster and put a loading 

bar at the top of the page."

https://adblock.tenderapp.com/discussions/problems/26-ad-block-no-blocking-the-youtube-ads

Pretty strange that it still works for me though :/

Pretty sure there's Adblock forums out there which don't rely on income from ads.

I have LTT forums whitelisted thank you very much...

I gave you an answer on the previous page... I also outlined how close that blocking ads is to being criminal. Some companies lose hundreds of thousands to blocking ads and it is beneficial for them to go to court on the matter as it will be cheaper

I saw that you tried to answer, and thank you for at least doing that, and not directly trying to insult me.

As for those companies "losing" money because of adblock, you can't lose money that wasn't there in the first place.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

I never said you didn't, I was speaking about LMG as a whole.

I saw that you tried to answer, and thank you for at least doing that, and not directly trying to insult me.

As for those companies "losing" money because of adblock, you can't lose money that wasn't there in the first place.

Ok... But you can deprive the companies from the making of money that they've earned. Food for thought.

Linus makes a lot of revenue through YouTube.

I don't like insulting people. It serves no purpose in real life and on the internet it causes disasters as everything gets blown out of proportion

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Ok... But you can deprive the companies from the making of money that they've earned. Food for thought.

Linus makes a lot of revenue through YouTube.

I don't like insulting people. It serves no purpose in real life and on the internet it causes disasters as everything gets blown out of proportion

I understand where you're coming from. I don't want to stop revenue from getting to Linus, but I'm not going to whitelist Youtube for a single channel to get revenue. If I could whitelist individual channels that would be a different story.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Yes you can, if you put money into creating content and someone just takes it from you without any money going to the content produce/creator then they have lost money. Just admit it you are a common thief and one of the reasons why tech channel struggle to be financially viable.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I understand where you're coming from. I don't want to stop revenue from getting to Linus, but I'm not going to whitelist Youtube for a single channel to get revenue. If I could whitelist individual channels that would be a different story.

I don't know where you live, but as far as I'm aware it's not strictly illegal anywhere so I can't really do anything to stop you

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Yes you can, if you put money into creating content and someone just takes it from you without any money going to the content produce/creator then they have lost money. Just admit it you are a common thief and one of the reasons why tech channel struggle to be financially viable.

Calling me a thief now? That's going a little far just for using adblock.

Project MiniConsole

Calling me a thief now? That's going a little far just for using adblock.

No its just accurate, you steal income from the youtube channels you watch and from the websites whose add revenue you deny.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

No its just accurate, you steal income from the youtube channels you watch and from the websites whose add revenue you deny.

While I agree with you 100%, I'd be careful. I got an infraction on the old forum for saying "don't be a moron" :P

Again the misuse of the word "stealing". Having adblock available is like having the option to give someone money or not. I'm not stealing from them if I choose not to. If these content creators wanted to make money from every view then they'd use the channel subscription thing on Youtube.

Project MiniConsole

Again the misuse of the word "stealing". Having adblock available is like having the option to give someone money or not. I'm not stealing from them if I choose not to. If these content creators wanted to make money from every view then they'd use the new channel subscription thing on Youtube.

It is the difference between paying for your ticket to a show and sneaking in. It is exactly the same as movie or video game piracy. If LinusTechTips wanted to destroy his channel he would opt into the paid subscription model. The paid subscription model is mostly aimed at organisations like the UFC, so they can upload fight cards to youtube. That model just does not work for medium sized YouTubers like Linus Media Group.

At the end of the day you are consuming content that costs money to produce whilst at the same time denying income to that content producer, you are stealing. And what makes it so petty is that the reason you do it is because you cannot possibly bear to watch an add, even when the majority of them are skip able.

If you want to be a supporter of Linus Media Group yet insist upon denying their income from Add Revenue, at least donate. Just show some sign that you appreciate the content they provide you.  

Again the misuse of the word "stealing". Having adblock available is like having the option to give someone money or not. I'm not stealing from them if I choose not to. If these content creators wanted to make money from every view then they'd use the channel subscription thing on Youtube.

YouTube wasn't designed to let you have a choice.

Corner shops have doors that I could walk out of with goods. It's not stealing from them if I choose not to pay. Having a door is like having the option to give someone money or not.

I don't get how this got changed to a adblock qq drama thread , but this is a troubleshooting thread, you don't know how he uses it (and not our call either), i personally whitelist everything i watch regularly (i got LMG whitelisted for years,even the cat channel xD), but i'm not going to whitelist entire youtube either tbh

I don't get how this got adblock qq drama thread , but this is a troubleshooting thread, you don't know how he uses it (and not our call either), i personally whitelist everything i watch regularly, but i'm not going to whitelist entire youtube either tbh

My  primary problem is with people using it on youtube videos, which he does. I also think that you have to have some nerve to ask people to help you to fix your add block and in turn deny LMG of income on Linus' own forum.

It is the difference between paying for your ticket to a show and sneaking in. It is exactly the same as movie or video game piracy. If LinusTechTips wanted to destroy his channel he would opt into the paid subscription model. The paid subscription model is mostly aimed at organisations like the UFC, so they can upload fight cards to youtube. That model just does not work for medium sized YouTubers like Linus Media Group.

At the end of the day you are consuming content that costs money to produce whilst at the same time denying income to that content producer, you are stealing. And what makes it so petty is that the reason you do it is because you cannot possibly bear to watch an add, even when the majority of them are skip able.

If you want to be a supporter of Linus Media Group yet insist upon denying their income from Add Revenue, at least donate. Just show some sign that you appreciate the content they provide you.  

My  primary problem is with people using it on youtube videos, which he does. I also think that you have to have some nerve to ask people to help you to fix your add block and in turn deny LMG of income on Linus' own forum.

You act like I am personally denying every member of LMG income because I hate them. That is not the case. Speaking of donating, though, I was going to donate in the coming week.

And guess what? The more I visit this forum the more add revenue comes from me, since I have it whitelisted. It also saves having to pointlessly create an account on a site that I will only visit one time.

Project MiniConsole

You act like I am personally denying every member of LMG income because I hate them. That is not the case. Speaking of donating, though, I was going to donate in the coming week. 

Donate some money dude, and I will think slightly less poorly of you. Also I don’t think that you hate LMG but if you frequently walked into someone’s store and stole from them does that mean that you necessarily hate them? No, it does not; but how can you say that you like or support that store if you take from them on a regular basis.

Donate some money dude, and I will think slightly less poorly of you. Also I don’t think that you hate LMG but if you frequently walked into someone’s store and stole from them does that mean that you necessarily hate them? No, it does not; but how can you say that you like or support that store if you take from them on a regular basis.

There's a difference between window shopping and stealing. They payed money to build the store and use it to sell goods, so should I pay them for that every time I walk in the store even if I don't buy anything?

Project MiniConsole

There's a difference between window shopping and stealing. They payed money to build the store and use it to sell goods, so should I pay them for that, too?

The store buys in good and pays employees with the intention of making income from those investments. LMG invest money into employees and equipment and time into creating relationships with manufacturers so that they can acquire the necessary good to make entertaining video which they hope to make income from.

Window shopping at a store is different, where you are supposed to pay money to gain access to a product to do with as you please. Youtube expects you to watch an add (pay with your time and interest) in order to view content.

Its a bit weird that couple of you guys say that Adblock doesn't work anymore. I think that some of you guys had some kind of update rolled out and the rest of us don't. Or Google changed couple things with YT coding causing Adblock not to recognize these ads.

To me I "still" blocks ads and no I pause Adblock with trusted YT'ers and whitelisting sites. I only use Adblock so I can surf the web (reading news and such) without getting distracted. 

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

Maybe you should grow up and realise that not everything in life is free. Youtube content producers have to eat, pay rent/mortgage, and make a profit. Stop depriving hard working people of their income.

I'd agree with you if the ads didn't play loud sounds from multiple diffident ads on the screen, and ruin my video experience. I'd have no problems if it was just ads before the video, or image only ads on the side, but the ones that make noise are really annoying, and made me block ads just because of it.

Plus I just donate to channels that I really like anyways, just like I did for LMG. ( I donated $25 so that I don't feel bad about that part, since that's way more than they'd ever get from one person over a whole lifetime )

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

How?

I click on the adblock and pause it (with YT) or add the domain as a whitelist (for sites). I also like videos and share them on social media, just in case  :)

Sorry I said it wrong with whitelisting YT'ers    :unsure:

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

I'd agree with you if the ads didn't play loud sounds from multiple diffident ads on the screen, and ruin my video experience. I'd have no problems if it was just ads before the video, or image only ads on the side, but the ones that make noise are really annoying, and made me block ads just because of it.

Finally someone who gets it. Not only that, but before I installed adblock there were plenty of ads in my inbox which overlayed the screen and had no close button. If the ads weren't so intrusive I'd whitelist Youtube.

Project MiniConsole

Please keep the arguing down guys.

Adblock is not illegal yet, and if it was then google would probably have it removed from their chrome store. Although it's in a bit of a grey area atm.

There have also been very good points brought up in this thread as well.

The OP was originally asking for help to fix the problem. Much like how people ask to use emulators (technically legal if they owned the games they wish to play).

Please just make sure that the threads don't turn into a back and forth argument. A constructive debate is very much welcome as everyone has different opinions on the matter.

I'm not a moderator so I guess you have no reason to listen to me

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Please keep the arguing down guys.

Adblock is not illegal yet, and if it was then google would probably have it removed from their chrome store. Although it's in a bit of a grey area atm.

There have also been very good points brought up in this thread as well.

The OP was originally asking for help to fix the problem. Much like how people ask to use emulators (technically legal if they owned the games they wish to play).

Please just make sure that the threads don't turn into a back and forth argument. A constructive debate is very much welcome as everyone has different opinions on the matter.

I'm not a moderator so I guess you have no reason to listen to me

For anyone viewing this thread: sorry for the 3 pages of pointless arguing. I got a little carried away, I probably should have just stopped responding.

EDIT: 100th post :)

Project MiniConsole