Adblock no longer working

Go to solution Solved by Flamewalker,

My Adblock version is 2.6.6. The filter lists are enabled, should I keep them enabled? 99% of all Youtube videos I watch are not embedded.

I keep them enabled,

I did find on their support page that it might be caused by the new way youtube is loading videos.

"We'll look into this. We believe it is because of a recent change 

Google made to YouTube to make videos load faster and put a loading 

bar at the top of the page."

https://adblock.tenderapp.com/discussions/problems/26-ad-block-no-blocking-the-youtube-ads

Pretty strange that it still works for me though :/

Recently I've been forced to watch many YouTube ads and have had to click out many others... Adblock seems to not be doing it's job anymore. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, with no avail. Anyone know any reasons this might be happening? It's starting to really bug me.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

i personally don't use adblock. you are not taking away money from content producers. like linus.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Get AdBlock plus/beta... Or you could jsut leave it be out of the kindness of your heart?

EDIT: I also think that AdBlock no longer blocks non-intrusive ads... I have no idea though

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Recently I've heard a lot of stuff about AdBlock being payed to actually display ads.  I read that AdBlock Plus still blocks ads though and they don't accept payment to display adverts, unlike AdBlock.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Recently I've heard a lot of stuff about AdBlock being payed to actually display ads.  I read that AdBlock Plus still blocks ads though and they don't accept payment to display adverts, unlike AdBlock.

It was happening with Adblock Plus, so I tried reinstalling it, that didn't work. So I installed Adblock. Neither of them are blocking ads, Youtube ads in particular.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

It was happening with Adblock Plus, so I tried reinstalling it, that didn't work. So I installed Adblock. Neither of them are blocking ads, Youtube ads in particular.

Check the settings of both of them and make sure you have most of the options ticked that block ads.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

i agree i also have adb and adbp and none of them block ads in youtube

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

i agree i also have adb and adbp and none of them block ads in youtube

This is infuriating, the whole reason I got Adblock was to block ads on Youtube because they started to become too intrusive.

Project MiniConsole

If you don't like the ads and don't want to support the content creators, go back to Vimeo :)

i have ab plus seems to work fine

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day . Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

If you don't like the ads and don't want to support the content creators, go back to Vimeo :)

I posted here hoping to get some help, not be told what I can and can't do. I use adblock because the adds on Youtube are extremely intrusive, get over it.

Project MiniConsole

I use adblock on chrome and its blocking ads on youtube fine here, it used to have an option to enable blocking ads on youtube in the advanced options , but it's not there anymore.

What browser are you using?

I use adblock on chrome and its blocking ads on youtube fine here, it used to have an option to enable blocking ads on youtube in the advanced options , but it's not there anymore.

What browser are you using?

Same thing here, that option is gone. The browser I am using is Chrome.

Project MiniConsole

Same thing here, that option is gone. The browser I am using is Chrome.

If you look at your extensions is your adblock version 2.6.6? 

And check also if you have the adblocking filter lists enabled.

Also are you watching it from youtube itself or are you watching it embedded on a site? (asking because there was a bug that showed ads still in imbedded videos)

If you look at your extensions is your adblock version 2.6.6? 

And check also if you have the adblocking filter lists enabled.

Also are you watching it from youtube itself or are you watching it embedded on a site? (asking because there was a bug that showed ads still in imbedded videos)

My Adblock version is 2.6.6. The filter lists are enabled, should I keep them enabled? 99% of all Youtube videos I watch are not embedded.

Project MiniConsole

I keep them enabled,

I did find on their support page that it might be caused by the new way youtube is loading videos.

https://adblock.tenderapp.com/discussions/problems/26-ad-block-no-blocking-the-youtube-ads

I keep them enabled,

I do not endorse using adblocking software as it borders on illegal behaviour, it's one step away from being brought up in court. However, I do enjoy helping people with problems. Download 'Magic Actions for YouTube'. I believe one of the settings allows you to block all YouTube ads. I have not used it in 4 or 5 months, but it will probably still work

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

This is infuriating, the whole reason I got Adblock was to block ads on Youtube because they started to become too intrusive.

Maybe you should grow up and realise that not everything in life is free. Youtube content producers have to eat, pay rent/mortgage, and make a profit. Stop depriving hard working people of their income.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I posted here hoping to get some help, not be told what I can and can't do. I use adblock because the adds on Youtube are extremely intrusive, get over it.

You were hoping to get help on how you can avoid a 30 second ad which completely stops LMG's income from your YouTube views, on a forum that LMG (Windspeed you're in there too) pays for? Mug them while you're at it :)

Maybe you should grow up and realise that not everything in life is free. Youtube content producers have to eat, pay rent/mortgage, and make a profit. Stop depriving hard working people of their income.

See, even a highly confused dolphin knows right and wrong.

Would everyone quit trying to start drama in this thread and stay on topic? I'm getting tired of being insulted rather than getting answers.

With the way some people in this thread are acting you'd think I am some sort of criminal... :/

Project MiniConsole

You were hoping to get help on how you can avoid a 30 second ad which completely stops LMG's income from your YouTube views, on a forum that LMG (Windspeed you're in there too) pays for? Mug them while you're at it :)

See, even a highly confused dolphin knows right and wrong.

Hey, not highly confused! At least I can swim straight, catch fish and not steal from Linus Media Group :)

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Would everyone quit trying to start drama in this thread and stay on topic? I'm getting tired of being insulted rather than getting answers.

With the way some people in this thread are acting you'd think I am some sort of criminal... :/

Pretty sure there's Adblock forums out there which don't rely on income from ads.

I gave you an answer on the previous page... I also outlined how close that blocking ads is to being criminal. Some companies lose hundreds of thousands to blocking ads and it is beneficial for them to go to court on the matter as it will be cheaper

I am good at computer

Spoiler