Trump Clarifies Position On ‘Shutting Down’ Parts Of The Internet

Exactly. No one's saying Trump is particularly smart (although I like his personality and how he speaks his mind).

Liking his personality says more about what type of person you are than him.

"I like bigoted, misogynistic douche bags."

We need less politicians. I think a few engineers should go into politics. If it comes down to it, I would be willing to eventually run if it gets bad enough.

Agreed. The sad part is that power is always corrupting. We need universal term limits, as well as seat limits. No more career politicians.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It's because you're in one of the reactionary cesspits of the internet. Nobody in the US actually believes most of this shit.

The last person to speak their mind like this was Hitler. That's not Godwin, I'm dead fucking serious. Can you detach yourself from the context for a minute and look at what Trump is saying? Donald Trump would be the end of this country as we know it. An America that censors and explicitly discriminates on the basis of religion is an America that I want no part of.

That's a pretty broad brush dude. Be careful with that, you might paint someone as something they're not!

Liking his personality says more about what type of person you are than him.

"I like bigoted, misogynistic douche bags."

So because I find Trump entertaining I'm now a bigoted, misogynistic douche bag?

Jesus dude, way to succumb to the feminist bullshit.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

I'd like to see no one win. A complete deadlock or absolutely no one vote. A clear message of "stop giving us fake ass candidates who will do nothing more than make speeches and look asinine to varying degrees".

Aye, although if you think about it, Electing a Gay Conservative White Male from Britain to dictate US policy in this day and age kind of has the same effect: Just piss the fuck out of ALL political sides in the US that are currently "representative" in the political arena: Conservatives would object to a gay foreigner and liberals would object to an anti-feminist white male.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I said blowing up the lines, and jamming wireless and satellites. I'm sure there's a way to prevent satellite traffic from a specific area. And if you jam the wireless from the ground, and blow up the physical lines, they've got nothing to connect to a VPN with.

You're advocating for forced dark for an entire nation. Not only would this be practically impossible, it would violate several international treaties, and you also neglect the fact that not all communication comes from Syria. Have a few officers in different nations, and communications are back up, assuming it hasn't already been done.

Jamming satellites would be nearly impossible as you can't block the signals from the satellite. You'd have to have a jammer pointed at every single wireless device in the nation which is where the jamming happens. Not even remotely feasible.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

So because I find Trump entertaining I'm now a bigoted, misogynistic douche bag?

lol

Aye, although if you think about it, Electing a Gay Conservative White Male from Britain to dictate US policy in this day and age kind of has the same effect: Just piss the fuck out of ALL political sides in the US that are currently "representative" in the political arena: Conservatives would object to a gay foreigner and liberals would object to an anti-feminist white male.

On that argument, you could just elect me. I'm an anti-theist, and somewhat sexist (according to some feminists), although I would say that I am anti-feminazi.

My first act would be to take all of the shit that the NSA and CIA probably have on Congress, release it to the media, and then arrest every member of congress and their party cohorts. (I would step down eventually)

You're advocating for forced dark for an entire nation. Not only would this be practically impossible, it would violate several international treaties, and you also neglect the fact that not all communication comes from Syria. Have a few officers in different nations, and communications are back up, assuming it hasn't already been done.

Jamming satellites would be nearly impossible as you can't block the signals from the satellite. You'd have to have a jammer pointed at every single wireless device in the nation which is where the jamming happens. Not even remotely feasible.

As I said, I'm not entirely familiar with satellite technology. I guess that wouldn't work then. Could you not do something on the satellite end that would cause the satellite itself to essentially "ignore" signals from a specific geographical location?

No, you find Trump entertaining because you're a sociopathic fascist. Everyone with half a brain thinks he's horrifying.

Now, care to address what I actually said instead of dodging it? I'm here for a conversation but I'll happily leave if that's not something you want.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Violating international treaties and radio silent-ing an entire nation it's still better than a) carpet bombing it because fuck islam or 2) leave them to their own devices entirely because fuck islamophobia which are the only solutions anybody is proposing currently. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

On that argument, you could just elect me. I'm an anti-theist, and somewhat sexist (according to some feminists), although I would say that I am anti-feminazi.

My first act would be to take all of the shit that the NSA and CIA probably have on Congress, release it to the media, and then arrest every member of congress and their party cohorts. (I would step down eventually)

As I said, I'm not entirely familiar with satellite technology. I guess that wouldn't work then. Could you not do something on the satellite end that would cause the satellite itself to essentially "ignore" signals from a specific geographical location?

.....Actually yeah, not bad #Trik'StariForPresident !

-------

Current Rig

-------

Violating international treaties and radio silent-ing an entire nation it's still better than a) carpet bombing it because fuck islam or 2) leave them to their own devices entirely because fuck islamophobia which are the only solutions anybody is proposing currently. 

Yeah but this is a false dichotomy because we don't have to do any of those things. We should be asking ourselves "What's the best we can do?" not "Which of these similarly awful options should we choose?"

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I've been called that for simply agreeing with some of the points MRA people make like pushing for more fair divorce settlements. Worst even, for merely expressing support of Gamergate.

People are getting into the habit of just using ad hominem and straw maning instead of actually discussing political ideas.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yeah but this is a false dichotomy because we don't have to do any of those things. We should be asking ourselves "What's the best we can do?" not "Which of these similarly awful options should we choose?"

Nay saying without offering an alternative is nay saying for the hell of it.

No, you find Trump entertaining because you're a sociopathic fascist. Everyone with half a brain thinks he's horrifying.

Now, care to address what I actually said instead of dodging it? I'm here for a conversation but I'll happily leave if that's not something you want.

Jesus fucking christ. Talk about collectivist bullshit! No, anyone with half a brain can laugh at him. No wonder you call yourself a feminist.

And no, you didn't say much else of worth (apart from what I edited into my previous post). So nah, I'll pass.

Edited by Godlygamer23

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

.....Actually yeah, not bad #Trik'StariForPresident !

I'd do some other things. Not increase taxes, but instead, require companies to take 50% of the profit margin and give it directly to their employees (distributed equally). If they downsize their employee base as a result, start invalidating their patents and copyrights, starting with the newest ones. Make them public domain.

Agreed on the fact that we should be asking better questions: Both sides are pushing for a great sense of urgency, that's now how you solve multi layered complex geo political and socio economical problem that is also deeply ingrained in culture and religion: We actually tried both sides already, Invasion and Occupation of middle east nations only resulted in more numerous Jihad extremists and ignoring them resulted in well more terrorism.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'd do some other things. Not increase taxes, but instead, require companies to take 50% of the profit margin and give it directly to their employees (distributed equally). If they downsize their employee base as a result, start invalidating their patents and copyrights, starting with the newest ones. Make them public domain.

That's a more interesting measure since you'll be immediately labeled as a Communist for suggesting wealth redistribution so you'd have a huge uphill battle on your hands.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Wait, so capitalism with regulation (at least your own strange version of it)? Why exactly do you hate liberals again? This is the typical conservative pattern. Only liberal on issues that affect them personally.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

That's a more interesting measure since you'll be immediately labeled as a Communist for suggesting wealth redistribution so you'd have a huge uphill battle on your hands.

My response:

"it's better than raising taxes because we already know for a fact that the government can't fucking spend money responsible (or intelligently). And that the company owners get to keep some of their profit. The difference here is that the people who actually do the work, get paid for it as they should"

Wait, so capitalism with regulation (at least your own strange version of it)? Why exactly do you hate liberals again? This is the typical conservative pattern. Only liberal on issues that affect them personally.

I dislike modern liberals because they have some obsession with giving money to the government, instead of giving it directly to the people who need or deserve it. I don't like taxes because, in the end, they get given to overpaid jackasses who do the most retarded things possible with it.

Nay saying without offering an alternative is nay saying for the hell of it.

No, naysaying without offering an alternative is an appeal to thinking rationally about what needs to happen, the outcome we intend to achieve, and then how to achieve it, instead of thinking about how to achieve an outcome we don't understand first. 

So here, I'll offer an alternative: Let's do nothing. Literally. Zilch. The last time we decided an intervention was necessary it lasted 15 years and cost more than all of our other expenses during that time combined. Unless you want your taxes raised (and let's be honest here, you're a conservative) it's not worth it.

Jesus fucking christ. Talk about collectivist bullshit! No, anyone with half a brain can laugh at him. No wonder you call yourself a feminist.

And no, you didn't say much else of worth (apart from what I edited into my previous post). So nah, I'll pass.

Yeah they'll delete it eventually. It always happens when I speak truth to power. I might even get banned this time! woo wouldn't that be fun. I love how you seem to think you're the majority here without knowing how many times the mods have sided with me.

But anyway, if you find what he's saying funny, I'd love to know why. Is it because it's so absurd as to cause hilarity? Because I genuinely don't see the humor in censorship. It seems that you do though, and I'd love to know why.

Edited by Godlygamer23

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

You cannot fairly compare Hitler to Trump though. That's plainly disingenuous.

What about it is disingenuous? I can draw several parallels between Trump and fascist ideology, and the racial context is blatant.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

You cannot fairly compare Hitler to Trump though. That's plainly disingenuous.

Please tell me you're joking. Remind me again who was the other person that said a certain demographic should be required to walk around with special IDs?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I agree with this 100%. I don't mind some censorship for the safety of Americans, but, like you said, if we go through with this, it opens a lot of future censorship opportunities for the government.

The possibilities of those opportunities are a bit frightening.

I f*cking mind.

Censorship never works outside the extreme small scale (i.e. not allowing children to write f*ck on assignments or me using * to avoid potential censorship from the mods).

ISIS needs to be dealt with directly. ISIS is a threat not because of the internet, but because they are angry, fairly intelligent, and live on a planet whose atmosphere alone is fuel for destruction.

Again, all this'll do is catch the odd moron from ISIS and put a lot of innocent people in the crosshairs; usually what happens with censorship.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

I dislike modern liberals because they have some obsession with giving money to the government, instead of giving it directly to the people who need or deserve it. I don't like taxes because, in the end, they get given to overpaid jackasses who do the most retarded things possible with it.

What? Like giving people healthcare and education? Building infrastructure? Fixing bridges that are in desperate need of repair? Yeah, really retarded ways to spend money. Absolutely no value in them whatsoever. Seriously, why do public schools even exist? And hospitals? Psssh. I preferred it when the shit just ran through the gutter in an open sewer straight out into the ocean and people frequently died of preventable illness.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Yeah they'll delete it eventually. It always happens when I speak truth to power. I might even get banned this time! woo wouldn't that be fun. I love how you seem to think you're the majority here without knowing how many times the mods have sided with me.

No, don't get banned! D: I won't know where to find you elsewhere if you do!

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.