Tool protection

lubblig

Hi!

Im just going to start building my first computer and have gotten some antistatic wristbands and so on but when I was about to start I took out a screwdriver and thought about if that needs to be some special kind with esd protection? Also since this is my first build, if there is any more tools you'll be needing please write them here too and if they need esd protection.

Regards,

Ludwig Johnson

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

Apologies if I have misunderstood but are you asking if you specifically need ESD protected tools?

Tools by themselves don't tend to create earth paths through which electrostatic energy can discharge, so by earthing yourself as soon as you pick up a tool (you could touch the shank of the screwdriver if you really wanted to) the tool becomes the same potential as you.

You can put a PC together with a couple of philips head screwdrivers, if you are intending to do any level of cable tidying then a good pair of cutters.

If you are doing anything with custom water cooling then a good hose cutter is recommended and some other tooling for correctly torquing the unions.

Cheers

Lee

Ok, yupp that's what I wanted to know. Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Ludwig

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf