How to improve ps4 wi-fi speeds

Go to solution Solved by projectHades,

I fixed it without doing anything too complicated.

I went into network connections, made sure that none of my connections is being shared and then bridged wifi and lan port to create Ethernet 2 bridged connection.

Then I plugged an ethernet cable into ps4 and laptop.

On the ps4 I went into set up as LAN and went into custom setup, then for IP Address I selected manual, gave it an IP address that will never be used by my devices eg 192.168.1.40, 

for subnet mask I went onto my laptop and ran command prompt then put in command ipconfig /all and got subnet mask, default gateway as well as primary and secondary dns, then put them all into the ps4 and went onto next step, which is leaving everything default. 

Now I get download speeds of 50mbps and upload of 15mbps

Hope this helps someone in the future

I get around 70DL and 30UL on my laptop over wifi. 

And on my ps4 I get 1DL and 1.1UL, I tried changing DNS to googles one (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) as well as giving it a static IP and changing settings in my router to give it priority and I get no improvement at all. 

Do you know any other way without buying a repeater or powerline adapter that can improve the wifi?

I'm assuming ps4 has a crap network card which is a bottleneck but 1mbps is a joke in this day,

post-227766-0-45874800-1450187610.png

post-227766-0-65794800-1450187796_thumb.

Moving them closer to one another. Also, if your ps4 is tucked in your media console with a bunch of other electronics, they may be interfering.

EDIT: Changing your DNS settings WILL NOT make your download speeds any faster, it can only make a small difference when going to websites. (kinda like a better ping time, but not exactly) 

When in doubt, re-format.

its enough to play online games i think. as all say. just move closer or go wired

you see this? this is my signature. btw im Norwegian 

Spoiler

CPU - Intel I7-5820K, Motherboard - ASUS X99-A, RAM - Crucial DDR4 Ballistix Sport 16GB, GPU - MSI Geforce GTX 970, Case - Cooler Master HAF XB evo, Storage - Intel SSD 330 Series 120GB - OS, WD Desktop Blue 500GB - storage 1, Seagate Barracuda 2TB - storage 2, PSU - Corsair RM850x (overkill i know), Display(s)- AOC 24" g2460Pg, Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, 2 Noctua 120mm PWM, 1 Corsair 120mm AF RED LED, Keyboard - SpeedLink VIRTUIS Advanced, Mouse - razer deathadder chroma, Sound - Logitech Z313, SteelSeries Siberia V2 HyperX Edition, OS - Windows 10 (prefer windows 7)

So what you wanna do is get some fiber optic wire, dig a hole from your house to the ISP server location and directly connect it to a server and disconnect everyone else using that server.

Seriously, be happy with those speeds. PS4 isn't that same as a laptop. (Background tasks)

Might add this later...

Plug it in to an ethernet cord. You will get your full moneys worth. I don't suggest using wifi in anything in a house that you can avoid doing. If you are paying for 66 down you should get it not like 40 that you get on wifi.

Intel i5 4760k - Gigabyte GTX 970 - Samsung EVO SSD

Moto 360 2 Smartwatch - Macbook Air 13 Inch - Samsung Galaxy Note Edge - Senheiser Momentum Heaphones

be happy

i want youre damn internet

tbh though, wire it or move it closer to your router

I used to have 5mbps for years now finally can do everything properly :) I have it about 5 meters away and signal strength is a 90% 

If you have other things like range extenders , they will piggy back the same wifi channel and slow everything down. I had this problem because of an extender upstairs, when I unplugged it, my downstairs signal quality went way up. Other than that and moving something, no...no you do not. :D

sell it for a pc

Troll_Face.jpg

jokes aside move it closer to the router and try different channels to reduce interference.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I fixed it without doing anything too complicated.

I went into network connections, made sure that none of my connections is being shared and then bridged wifi and lan port to create Ethernet 2 bridged connection.

Then I plugged an ethernet cable into ps4 and laptop.

On the ps4 I went into set up as LAN and went into custom setup, then for IP Address I selected manual, gave it an IP address that will never be used by my devices eg 192.168.1.40, 

for subnet mask I went onto my laptop and ran command prompt then put in command ipconfig /all and got subnet mask, default gateway as well as primary and secondary dns, then put them all into the ps4 and went onto next step, which is leaving everything default. 

Now I get download speeds of 50mbps and upload of 15mbps

Hope this helps someone in the future

sell it for a pc

Troll_Face.jpg

jokes aside move it closer to the router and try different channels to reduce interference.

fixed it myself, wasn't too difficult. Btw I have a gaming pc too but like ps4 for the couch multiplayer 

be happy

i want youre damn internet

tbh though, wire it or move it closer to your router

Agreed move it closer, try and get line of sight to your router. 

Also, I get 50 Mb DL, 15 Mb UL.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.