Battlefield 4!

ViruZ_HUN

Who gonna buy it??

and whats is battlepacks-.-?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Wait. There are people that aren't going to buy it.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Battlefield 4 Battlepacks can be unlocked in multiplayer by ranking up during regular gameplay. Battlepacks in Battlefield 4 include a collection of items, such as weapons, specializations, and gadgets, that players can unlock when moving up through the Battlefield 4 ranks. Battlefield 4 Battlepacks are available for unlock to all players regardless of what class they play as. The packs can include such items as new gadgets, weapons, and soldier skins/camos. Players will also be able to unlock additional weapon skins, vehicle unlocks, weapon accessories, and more.

Battlefield 4 Battlepacks can also be purchased on Origin and Battlelog, and be made available immediately without having to rank up. The Battlepacks include Battlefield 4 unlocks for both soldiers and vehicles.

explanation on battlepacks and I will be buying it :3 

I have it on pre-order (EB Games was giving out dog tags as a bonus), but may cancel it and wait for the Premium edition instead. -shrug-

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

explanation on battlepacks and I will be buying it :3 

Wait, so is this something that is essentially Pay 2 Win? Where I can unlock the same things they have by leveling, but I can pay to have them at a lower level?

That is what it sounds like.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I might get it on console instead depending on if I get a 360 because mine is broken or the Xbox One. I'll get it on PC eventually but I have more friends on the console so the PC version I'll wait for a price drop or sale

I might get it on console instead depending on if I get a 360 because mine is broken or the Xbox One. I'll get it on PC eventually but I have more friends on the console so the PC version I'll wait for a price drop or sale

I will be using one of my Never Settle Forever tickets for it. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Wait, so is this something that is essentially Pay 2 Win? Where I can unlock the same things they have by leveling, but I can pay to have them at a lower level?

I don't think you can pay for them but they are only attachments that are cosmetically different .

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

I don't think you can pay for them but they are only attachments that are cosmetically different .

Battlepacks in Battlefield 4 include a collection of items, such as weapons, specializations, and gadgets, that players can unlock when moving up through the Battlefield 4 ranks. Battlefield 4 Battlepacks are available for unlock to all players regardless of what class they play as. The packs can include such items as new gadgets, weapons, and soldier skins/camos. Players will also be able to unlock additional weapon skins, vehicle unlocks, weapon accessories, and more.

Battlefield 4 Battlepacks can also be purchased on Origin and Battlelog, and be made available immediately without having to rank up. The Battlepacks include Battlefield 4 unlocks for both soldiers and vehicles.

None of those sound like things that are only cosmetic and it very obviously says they can be purchased and obtained "immediately without having to rank up".

So yeah, sounds Pay to Win to me. :|

† Christian Member †

None of those sound like things that are only cosmetic and it very obviously says they can be purchased and obtained "immediately without having to rank up".

So yeah, sounds Pay to Win to me. :|

If you looked at footage of the livestream you can see for instance chinese suppressor which is only for looks that you get through battle pack but the regular you can get by playing normally.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

If you looked at footage of the livestream you can see for instance chinese suppressor which is only for looks that you get through battle pack but the regular you can get by playing normally.

Battlefield 4 released on October 25th. :| Are you talking about Battlefield 3? Or is there a review or something showing this?

† Christian Member †

I for one will not be buying it :)

I may get it for free via contest, giveaways, never settle bundle, etc but I will not spend money on it, nor am I anxiously awaiting it's release. Made that mistake with BF3 when it launched. BF2 and 2142 are still my favorite and I'm greatly disappointed with the direction of the franchise.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

I wouldnt say pay to win...

Pay to unlock maybe..

Not everyone is going to unlock and be a god on the gun....

Shit players still shit.

They had this in BF3, yet hardly any1 cared.... Now BF4 is out its a bigger deal...

Just level up normally, if you can outskill someone, you'll win.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I've got it on pre-order, if anything because of the amazon pre-order price thingy and that I can cancel it at any time before it launches. Looking forward to the beta though :)

I won´t bother, maybe next year, im happy with BF3 whenever I feel like shooting people. I don´t like how they are spewing out a new game so soon, heck ill probably see a BF5 by the time I feel like buying the 4:th, its like CoD all over again...Fucking EA. If this was mainly a Single player game then, yeah maybe.
They could probably just have updated BF3 instead.

I won´t bother, maybe next year, im happy with BF3 whenever I feel like shooting people. I don´t like how they are spewing out a new game so soon, heck ill probably see a BF5 by the time I feel like buying the 4:th, its like CoD all over again...Fucking EA. If this was mainly a Single player game then, yeah maybe.

BF3 was released in 2011. It's now 2013.

DICE usually has a 2 year release cycle for their FPSs (Battlefield and Medal of Honor). CoD has two developers alternating, so technically, even CoD games are on 2-year release cycles looking at each developer individually.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

If it's like... 70% BC2 30% BF3, i would, but if it goes into the run and gun CoD like gameplay like BF3, i won't. waiting for beta to see how it is.

:/

I dont know ow it is possible, but I have seen one guy on LTT not too long ago who has bf4 already! He hasp a pic of the gamecase and a pic of the game running on his PC

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Pretty much every BF game was made after 2 years of its predecessor.

I don't think it is quite pay 2 win since you can get the "Battle packs" by just playing and not paying!