Memory-frequency doesnt change with XMP-Profile

Denoxx

Hey community

I've a little problem. I've built my friend a computer about a month ago and it is running now. But something I am not able to change is the memory clock. The memory are two 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-2133, CL11@1.5V. When we put them in the machine for the first time, the bios clocked them to 1333MHz. Thats nothing new, in my machine it was the same, I was able to change it with the XMP-Profile. But here comes the problem: When i select the 2133MHz XMP-Profile, nothing happens. It stays on 1333MHz. I've tried to select manually 2133MHz but not even with that I was able to change the clock speed.

Has anybody had the same problem or know something about it?

Thank you for answers

Denoxx

Hey community I've a little problem. I've built my friend a computer about a month ago and it is running now. But something I am not able to change is the memory clock. The memory are two 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-2133' date=' CL11@1.5V. When we put them in the machine for the first time, the bios clocked them to 1333MHz. Thats nothing new, in my machine it was the same, I was able to change it with the XMP-Profile. But here comes the problem: When i select the 2133MHz XMP-Profile, nothing happens. It stays on 1333MHz. I've tried to select manually 2133MHz but not even with that I was able to change the clock speed. Has anybody had the same problem or know something about it? Thank you for answers Denoxx [/quote']

Does the Motherboard support 2133Mhz??

Put them on manual and change the frequency yourself. Try take most things off automatic settings and keep them on manual, it's much easier to keep things stable and this allows you to regulate settings rather than your computer.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Hey community I've a little problem. I've built my friend a computer about a month ago and it is running now. But something I am not able to change is the memory clock. The memory are two 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-2133' date=' CL11@1.5V. When we put them in the machine for the first time, the bios clocked them to 1333MHz. Thats nothing new, in my machine it was the same, I was able to change it with the XMP-Profile. But here comes the problem: When i select the 2133MHz XMP-Profile, nothing happens. It stays on 1333MHz. I've tried to select manually 2133MHz but not even with that I was able to change the clock speed. Has anybody had the same problem or know something about it? Thank you for answers Denoxx [/quote']

Sry I've forgot to mention that: the mainboard is a ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M and yes, it supports 2133MHz memory

From what i see,, the 2133Mhz is a Overclocked speed,, the Motherboard doesnt have the XMP for the memory,, also it could be that the Memory itself may not be supported.