Cannot log onto windows 10 due to cracked touch screen

RaspberryPi

Hey LTT

My screen in the bottom left corner cracked (thanks to a combination of me and my cat) and made the touch screen occasionally ghost touch, so I disabled the touch screen driver. Then the crack spread tons, but it didn't matter because the driver disabled.

Allright, so windows decided to automatically update itself while I had my PC on during school, and then for some reason it re-enabled the driver (**** you windows 10). The screen is spazing out, with 10 touches always on it at random places, and then it is jumping around. I managed to log in once, when it stopped for an interval for about 2 seconds, but in three days of on-off trying it, up to 20 mins at a time, I have not had another opportunity like that one.

I cannot log in, the only way I can restart is force-power-off and switch back on (which I have tried around 30 times) and it still doesn't fix the problem.

There is no disable touch screen button on the keyboard.

I've devoted TONS of time configuring, organising files, not to mention money upgrading the laptop, and I don't have a desktop, so I am free of a computer at the moment.

It is an acer laptop, v5 i think, not sure on the exact model.

Some suggestions I have found is to restart into safe mode, but IDK how to do that considering that it is one of those laptops where you cannot access the bios unless you do custom stuff with the bootloader. I have no ideas, my dad has no ideas, my friends have no ideas (other than to install linux, but I can't see that working either).

I'm really stuck, ANY help is really appreciated, and I need this laptop to be working soon.

If you have anything to say, any questions, any potential solutions, PLEASE leave a comment.

Thanks,

Ben

Run windows in Safe mode.

Read the post.

Some suggestions I have found is to restart into safe mode, but IDK how to do that considering that it is one of those laptops where you cannot access the bios unless you do custom stuff with the bootloader.

Try hooking up to an external monitor and using keyboard shortcuts (Windows Key + P) to change to only display on the monitor, not the built-in display. This should disable touchscreen input.

Read the post.

Try hooking up to an external monitor and using keyboard shortcuts (Windows Key + P) to change to only display on the monitor, not the built-in display. This should disable touchscreen input.

I read it and interpreted it as was he is saying the touchscreen is spazing out and not the display itself.

I also thought that safemode would not have a touch screen driver.

Run windows in Safe mode.

Do you know how I can do that?

Thanks a ton for that suggestion, more help than 2 hours of googeling.

When I do that, it brings up the projection menu, but immediately closes itself due to all of the "clicking" on the touch screen. Do you know how to stop this?

When I do that, it brings up the projection menu, but immediately closes itself due to all of the "clicking" on the touch screen. Do you know how to stop this?

Hold down F8

You can try closing the lid of the laptop, normally that will make it auto-switch to the external display only.

You could take the hard drive out (if you know how to) and plug it into another laptop (from my experience windows 10 seems to be pretty robust in that manner) and boot from it and uninstall the driver then put it back in your laptop. Hopefully that will work and avoid connecting it to the web until you know you can stop windows from auto downloading the driver.

The Cake is a Lie...

You can try closing the lid of the laptop, normally that will make it auto-switch to the external display only.

Thanks so much for your help. This fixed the problem, and I replied to you earlier, but my internet dropped out, sorry about that.

Thankyou.

Read the post.

I have done this before, I plugged my touchscreen laptop into my TV and set it to only display on the TV the touchscreen still works. And you can't change display settings in Windows 10 until you log in.

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)

Have you ever thought of just sending it in to get it repaired, probably would be your best option. If not, I would try taking out the hard drive and booting to it from another computer and then disable it, then put it back in your broken laptop.

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)