Minecraft + Wii U = Awesomeness? No, not quite :(

AlTech

Microsoft announced that Minecraft is coming to the Wii U.

Sources:

ReviewTech USA 

IMHO - Alright,raise yoru hand if you give a shit about this. Looks around.... Nobody raises hands. 

Microsoft. WTF is this? Why did you release a Wii U version. The Wii U is a toy. Nothing more. Nothing Less. 

Leave a comment below!

THIS version is the most expensive minecraft version TO DATE! AT $30 USD on the dot!

Some price comparisons:

PC (Java) - $26.95 (Could have sworn this used to be $26.50)

Win10 Edition - $9.99 (Beta Price)

X360 - $19.99

XB1 - $19.99

PS3 - $19.99 (No longer for sale)

PS4- $19.99

PE - $6.99

Wii U - $30

Wii U edition skin pack bundle (all 15 skin packs) - $29.99

EDIT: there are 15 skin packs To be released alongside the game.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Releasing it to the Wii U is fine and I'd personally be happy with it... If it was done right.

Raspberry Pis run this game... Common, you have the chance to be a little bit creative and you f*ck it up.

so-done.gif

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Well that "toy"(sounds like something someone who has never owned a WiiU would say) is the best fit for minecraft but they waited so long that most people generally don't give a fuck about minecraft anymore.

That approach to the Wii U is very closed-minded and pointless to discuss, however Minecraft being made accessible on any platform is only a good move - all games should go for that. If they're not going it right/full, that's a problem and it should be delayed until the normal set of features are present as with the Xbox and Playstation versions, but it's good they're releasing it on Wii U, too.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

Lol, watched those videos earlier, yeah MC on the Wii U is going to be retarded AF. No inventory management through the touch screen, which is what would make the Wii U the best console to play MC.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

that guy in the video sounds super anal about it. Not that I disagree about it. What's that dev supposed to do? Take a decision by himself and just engage Mojang into something he cant know he'll be able to deliver without asking the bosses first?

Oh btw @op your post is trash and serves no purpose at all.

Microsoft. When your cash cow dies you should probably stop pumping.

- snip-

Well that "toy"(sounds like something someone who has never owned a WiiU would say) is the best fit for minecraft but they waited so long that most people generally don't give a fuck about minecraft anymore.

6849 people bought Minecraft in the last 24 hours oh and it sold 21.5 million copies.

https://minecraft.net/stats

Still one of the, if not THE most played game in the world.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Still waiting for new Zelda...

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

6849 people bought Minecraft in the last 24 hours oh and it sold 21.5 million copies.

https://minecraft.net/stats

Still one of the, if not THE most played game in the world.

I'm not saying it isn't t one of the most played games(I own it) but sales have dropped off in the last two years and there are better games on steam in the same genre.

That is not what I reading. Inventory management IS THERE.

But not on the gamepad as you would expect. The gamepad is set on clone mode for off TV play.

It also includes multilayer mode:

From Microsoft:

Minecraft: Wii U Edition will have full play on the GamePad controller’s screen and split-screen play. As with the rest of the versions in Minecraft: Console Edition, it will support four players locally and up to eight players online

https://microsoftstudios.com/2015/12/07/minecraft-wiiu-edition-announced/

That is not what I reading. Inventory management IS THERE.

But not on the gamepad as you would expect. The gamepad is set on clone mode for off TV play.

My bad :( . I'll go fix that.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I'd say people just don't give a fuck about the WiiU anymore...

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

That too, which is a shame, but this topic isn't about the WiiU itself.

idk man. got one recently and a few games for it. makes one hell of an addon to my pc. helps me get in shape too.

HOLY CRAP it will retail for $30 USD. More than any other version of minecraft and yet its far inferior.

Doesn't mean you don't care, that no one else cares.

Nintendo still brings revenue from the console, and its game sales. So people are still buying it, and it is profitable for Nintendo, and that is what counts.

That too, which is a shame, but this topic isn't about the WiiU itself.

It is a shame, maybe it was just trying to ride the wave of the first Wii

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Doesn't mean you don't care, that no one else cares.

Nintendo still brings revenue from the console, and its game sales. So people are still buying it, and it is profitable for Nintendo, and that is what counts.

I agree, just doesn't bring in as much as the current gen consoles. Then again that doesn't really matter either it's all down to personal preference.

:( I assumed the PS3 one and PS4 one were the same. RIP

EDIT: I take it back! Launch price was $19.99 for both! It appears someone on amazon jacked up the prices for the shits and giggles.