Mionix Castor White LED - Is it like the Avior 7000?

Good night, fellas!

I had a Mionix Avior 7000 that broke about a week ago (*song plays*), and I'm trying to get a new mice for chirstmas... 

I found out  that, between the Castor and the Deathadder, the Castor was everyone's favorite. As I was ALMOST 100% happy with my Avior 7000, I decided to give it a try

The ony complainment I have from my Avior 7000 is that it's lightning colors aren't much accurate (In my honest opinion)

But I have a question: Is the LED in the Castor just like the Avior 700?

Here I have some pictures of my Avior 7000 configured at the color settings: R:255, B:255, G:255 (It is suposed to look like WHITE)

http://imgur.com/a/d4jDT

Can any owner of a Castor give me a feedback about the same settings, and if they look like pink-ish like my Avior 7000?

Edited by BifePlays

Logitech is my first choice in case of mice. Razer comes somewhere behind a stone or a piece of wood.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Logitech is my first choice in case of mice. Razer comes somewhere behind a stone or a piece of wood.

Ok, but why does it fit my needs? And which mice are you talking about? 

Ok, but why does it fit my needs? And which mice are you talking about?

The best would be the G502. But you cant change the colour.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

The best would be the G502. But you cant change the colour.

Well, I'm looking foward RGB cosmomizability, so I have to discard this one. It is a strong point, since my peripherals will be color-themed (I know, a bit unecessary, but I like it a lot)

What games do you plan to play? Are you high-sensitivity or low? Do you generally lift your mouse a lot?

Follow me on Twitter at: @edzelyago

What games do you plan to play? Are you high-sensitivity or low? Do you generally lift your mouse a lot?

I often play fps (CoD, Battlefield, CS:GO...) and Minecraft (PvP, thats where I need to spam clicks as fast and constant as I can), I usally play at 600-700dpi and I lift it frequently, but only about 1 - 1,4 cm...  

I would stay away from the Mamba/Mamba TE or any Phillips Twin Eye sensor implementation due to z-axis issues making lift-off a big issue for users that lift to readjust on their pad.

I would stay away from the Mamba/Mamba TE or any Phillips Twin Eye sensor implementation due to z-axis issues making lift-off a big issue for users that lift to readjust on their pad.

Ok, thanks for the tip. The Deathadder's sensor is optical, isnt it?

Ok, thanks for the tip. The Deathadder's sensor is optical, isnt it?

Correct.

Correct.

Great, I can pretty much eliminate the Mamba (unfortunately, because I really liked it's lights... :/ ) Thanks fot the help still!

Great, I can pretty much eliminate the Mamba (unfortunately, because I really liked it's lights... :/ ) Thanks fot the help still!

Yeah, I greatly prefer the shape and grip pads of the Mamba over the DeathAdder but there are quite a few issues with the sensor and driver implementations.

Yeah, I greatly prefer the shape and grip pads of the Mamba over the DeathAdder but there are quite a few issues with the sensor and driver implementations.

I read about those driver implementations... It is sad that a nice gaming mice like the Mamba has so many issues :/

Updated Op: I'm almost 100% sure about my choice.... But I still need to know if the RGB lights of the Castor are the same as the Avior 7000 or if it have improved. If the lighting isn't improved, I guess I willl stick with the DeathAdder, as the lack of a good RGB light can be a real dealbraker for me...

• 1 year later...

you can change the colour of the mionix castor mouse through its dedicated software, the rgb code i use to get a pure white led is R: 87 G: 224 B:100