Oculus Rift

PheonixOne

Found a second hand (in great condition) oculus rift in my local area, thinking about buying it..

Whats your guys opinions on it? worth it/Not worth it?

Pro's/Con's?

What version is it?

The first one had a very small resolution IRCC, so only buy that one if its ultra cheap, because it will look like you are looking through muddy glasses all the time

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

No. The Release is not far away.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Agreed, might get my oculus early 2017, seeing as I get my new PC next XMAS

Sometimes, I dream about cheese

What version is it?

The first one had a very small resolution IRCC, so only buy that one if its ultra cheap, because it will look like you are looking through muddy glasses all the time

its the DK2 One

I'm going to get the new updated version once ive built my next PC, just want this sort of "cheapo" one to give it a go and see if i like it!

its the DK2 One

Just wait for the release then. 

I'm going to get the new updated version once ive built my next PC, just want this sort of "cheapo" one to give it a go and see if i like it!

What's the Price?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

£250 (GPB)

I remember hearing the consumer version will be like..

£300-£500?

So you may aswell just save that money up.

I remember hearing the consumer version will be like..

£300-£500?

So you may aswell just save that money up.

Ive also heard it will be £200, i dont think theres a confirmed price yet,

I get paid plenty every month so im just going to get this one and upgrade when i get my end of year bonus in march!

£250 (GPB)

Not realy cheap though.

Not realy cheap though.

Remind me how much they were new? can find a new one on amazon for £800? seems pretty cheap to me..

Remind me how much they were new? can find a new one on amazon for £800? seems pretty cheap to me..

Compared to the older price, that's pretty cheap, but by itself (and to people who don't get much money) that is not very cheap

Compared to the older price, that's pretty cheap, but by itself (and to people who don't get much money) that is not very cheap

dont want to sound big headed but i make plenty money.. so im not really bothered about prices..

dont want to sound big headed but i make plenty money.. so im not really bothered about prices..

I know, I'm just explaining what the other guy meant, or was probably implying, when he said "that's not cheap"

Do not buy oculus rift! They are paying developers to make games run only on their headset. PC community is divided enough already. Don`t support that kind of business practices.

Do not buy oculus rift! They are paying developers to make games run only on their headset. PC community is divided enough already. Don`t support that kind of business practices.

The hell are you talking about? It's the best pc VR headset out their, people can do whatever they want with it, oculus can pay them to make games only for their headset, unless it's a triple A game, I see nothing wrong with that.

If you don`t have oculus rift, you wont be able to play the game. And the competition will do the same if that strategy works. PC gaming will be like console gaming - exclusives. You will need to buy whole new headset, just to play one game that you like. Imagine if AMD and Nvidia also try to do this. Then Dell, Acer, Asus, BenQ do it with monitors. Next Razor and Logitech decide they will subsidize "this great game developed specially for your mouse".

If you don`t have oculus rift, you wont be able to play the game. And the competition will do the same if that strategy works. PC gaming will be like console gaming - exclusives. You will need to buy whole new headset, just to play one game that you like. Imagine if AMD and Nvidia also try to do this. Then Dell, Acer, Asus, BenQ do it with monitors. Next Razor and Logitech decide they will subsidize "this great game developed specially for your mouse".

This has always been the way things have worked buddy, all consoles need exclusives or they won't get as many sales, PC even has some exclusives, there seriously no problem at all, to having to buy a VR HEADSET for a VIRTUAL REALITY, GAME.