Vessel starts video responses

mider

Like the title says.  I actually love this feature and have already responded to some of Linus's.  Think that this is a great way for creators to connect with their fans

From the article:

"...launch of a feature called “Threads,” designed to encourage more social interaction between video creators and viewers."

http://techcrunch.com/2015/12/07/miss-youtube-video-responses-vessel-brings-them-back-with-launch-of-threads/

download-4.png?w=738

CPU: AMD FX-6300 @3.8 GHz     |     Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212     |     RAM: G.Skill NS Series 4x4GB      |       Motherboard: GIGABYTE 990FXA     |     Case: Antec One     |     Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270x HAWK    |    PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G2    |     HDD: 1 WD Black (Programs Files), 1 WD Caviar Blue (Boot)     |     KB & M: Cooler Master Storm Devastator Blue     |     Speakers: Logitech Z506     |     UPS:  CyberPower 1500w     |

Every time you use comic sans, one programmer dies.

Please update your post to be in line with our requirements for the Tech News section.

When creating a thread in the News subforum, please make sure your post meets the following criteria:
  • Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is.
  • Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.
  • Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags (the speech bubble at the top of the editor, under the  :)) to show that you have copied this content from another site.
  • The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required.
  • If your article is about a product or some form of media, images are always appreciated, although they are not required.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Please update your post to be in line with our requirements for the Tech News section.

Yeah, I was in the process and instead of going down a line, my enter key posted it too early.  Sorry 'bout that

CPU: AMD FX-6300 @3.8 GHz     |     Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212     |     RAM: G.Skill NS Series 4x4GB      |       Motherboard: GIGABYTE 990FXA     |     Case: Antec One     |     Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270x HAWK    |    PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G2    |     HDD: 1 WD Black (Programs Files), 1 WD Caviar Blue (Boot)     |     KB & M: Cooler Master Storm Devastator Blue     |     Speakers: Logitech Z506     |     UPS:  CyberPower 1500w     |

kill it with fire

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Youtube had this 5-6+ years ago

they ditched the idea. in i think 09 ish

Yeah and also I've noticed that even the oldest videos only go back to 2009 even if they're from earlier.

I think that they removed video responses cause people didn't use them/abused them

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Yeah.  But imo YouTube did it wrong.  each video response just said which video, not which part.  I think vessels idea to have it separate is better than youtube's "reply to the whole video" type thing

Yeah and also I've noticed that even the oldest videos only go back to 2009 even if they're from earlier.

I think that they removed video responses cause people didn't use them/abused them

nope they go back to 2005

nope they go back to 2005

they started with (or around) the launch of YouTube.  I think they stopped around 09 but this tc article says that it went till 2013

http://techcrunch.com/2013/08/27/google-dumps-video-responses-from-youtube-due-to-dismal-0004-click-through-rate/

Love the idea, but this is going to go toxic, REAL fast.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

they started with (or around) the launch of YouTube.  I think they stopped around 09 but this tc article says that it went till 2013

http://techcrunch.com/2013/08/27/google-dumps-video-responses-from-youtube-due-to-dismal-0004-click-through-rate/

i straight up don't remeber anything from before last year soo xD

For good reason, these videos are trash.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

It will be interesting to see how this works. The blog post has next to no info about it. All it says is that the fans will post "short videos" from the Vessel app. To me that sounds like a short, unedited clip of someone talking into their cellphone camera. If that's what it turns out to be then what is the point? You might as well just leave a comment. The point of a video response is to make something like this. It requires a lot of editing. Otherwise your response just ends up like this.

No thanks, not interested. YouTube's interpretation did not go well at all and I doubt Vessel's is going to be any better.

Like the title says.  I actually love this feature and have already responded to some of Linus's.  Think that this is a great way for creators to connect with their fans

tom2.jpg

Sure because youtube video responses are tons of connecting and not just endless chains of pissing contests.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Video responses are not a great way to connect with the fans, this forum has a higher chance of achieving that.

It's more practical to have a discussion through text than making videos just to respond to something.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

It will be interesting to see how this works. The blog post has next to no info about it. All it says is that the fans will post "short videos" from the Vessel app. To me that sounds like a short, unedited clip of someone talking into their cellphone camera. If that's what it turns out to be then what is the point? You might as well just leave a comment. The point of a video response is to make something like this. It requires a lot of editing. Otherwise your response just ends up like this.

That's all it is. Linus or some other creator posts a short video asking a question and people take a short video answering the question and upload it with out editing. It's all done in app.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Youtube did it, it was a disaster.

This will be the return of the reply girls isn't... Unless nobody but the content creator can see those videos. It will add nothing of value to Vessel, if anything, it will just bog down their servers even more than before, they will need to upgrade them more often and then they will pass on this cost to the users.... No thanks.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

This will be the return of the reply girls isn't...

Oh, that brings back memories. That's probably one of the most ridiculous Internet phenomenon to ever exist.

The video responses auto play...

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Sooo that thing Youtube did years back, where 99% of the video were cringe worthy. I even remember a youtuber making a contest, the entry was based on video responses. And let me tell you, that ended in a disaster. Pure headache for that youtuber. And omfg...don't even remind me of "thereplygirl"