MInecraft Server

cakez
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

yeah, and befor the thing it says ERROR: Unable to access jarfile minecraft_server.1.8.8(1).jar

well that means you dont have the correct name for the server file...

find where the server.jar is, right click, properties, copy the file location

then in your batch file instead of writing minecraft_server.1.8.8(1).jar put

"thefilelocation/thefilename.jar"

make sure that you use a forward slash, and that the name of the file is correct

also include the quotes

then save and try again,see if ti finds the file this time

So I"m making a minecraft server for a friedn of mine and when I run the start.bat file it closes and the server doesn't run.I'm guessing some of you guys know a thing or two about java so here's what's in the bat file:java -Xms1G -Xmx1G -jar minecraft_server.1.8.8 (1).jar.Can anyone help me

I had no idea where to put this so to all staff fell free to move this post.

press enter in the batch file and on a new line type PAUSE

run the file again

tell me what it says

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Probably should move this to PC gaming, they'll probably know more

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

run the file again

tell me what it says

This is what you do.

So I"m making a minecraft server for a friedn of mine and when I run the start.bat file it closes and the server doesn't run.I'm guessing some of you guys know a thing or two about java so here's what's in the bat file:java -Xms1G -Xmx1G -jar minecraft_server.1.8.8 (1).jar.Can anyone help me

Use this (but edit the file location and name so that it's correct):

@[member=Echo] offjava -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar "C:\Users\owner\Desktop\Minecraft Server\minecraft_server.1.8.8.exe" noguiPause

Also, check whether you have Jave 32bit or 64bit (you most likely have 32bit) and if you have 64bit, you may have to change some of it.

Check this site out if you cannot get it to work: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Setting_up_a_server

Here is where it tells you how to create a batch file to start the MC server.

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

@[member='Echo'] offjava -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar "C:\Users\owner\Desktop\Minecraft Server\minecraft_server.1.8.8.exe" noguiPause

Also, check whether you have Jave 32bit or 64bit (you most likely have 32bit) and if you have 64bit, you may have to change some of it.

Check this site out if you cannot get it to work: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Setting_up_a_server

And NEVER use a gui on a Minecraft server. Just causes unneeded overhead

Lenovo/IBM ThinkPad T61 Widescreen 15.4" 1680x1050
Intel Core2Duo T8300 2.4GHz | 3GB DDR2 from Hynix | SATA II Patched bios (Middleton) | Samsung EVO 850
Arch Linux | Linux 4.3.X x86_64

How much RAM do you have? if you have more than 4GB, I highly recommend you give it more.

Maybe some useful tips for you. In order to host a Minecraft server off of your computer, or a computer on your local network and have people on other networks be able to connect, you need to port forward on your router. If your friend is at his house, and you are at yours, you must port forward, or use a utility like Hamachi to connect. If your parents locked the router, gg.

1GB should be fine for a basic vanilla server, but if you want plugins, you'll need bukkit. You'll also need more RAM if you want plugins.

i7 4790k | GTX 970 | 16GB

That's all you need to know. It's a beast.

run the file again

tell me what it says

it says press any key to continue

it says press any key to continue

before that what does it say

you added the pause at the end of the batch file, right? not at the start

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

@[member='Echo'] offjava -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar "C:\Users\owner\Desktop\Minecraft Server\minecraft_server.1.8.8.exe" noguiPause

After I press a key it just closes

before that what does it say

you added the pause at the end of the batch file, right? not at the start

yeah, and befor the thing it says ERROR: Unable to access jarfile minecraft_server.1.8.8(1).jar

make sure that you use a forward slash, and that the name of the file is correct

also include the quotes

Spoiler

also include the quotes

by quotes do you mean put quoutes around the file location?

by quotes do you mean put quoutes around the file location?

the whole line just like i typed it

except with the actual file location and file name, not        thefilelocation

:)

Spoiler

the whole line just like i typed it

except with the actual file location and file name, not        thefilelocation

:)

THANK YOU I LOVE YOU(good job)

THANK YOU I LOVE YOU(good job)

ya welcome :)

Spoiler