AT&T to Expand U-Verse Gigapower(1Gb Fiber) to 38 More Metro Areas

EChondo

Source: http://about.att.com/story/plans_to_reach_38_more_metros_blazing_internet_speeds.html
Coverage Map: https://www.att.com/shop/internet/gigapower/coverage-map.html

Check for availability for your residence here: https://www.att.com/shop/u-verse/gigapower.html

AT&T announced today it is planning to expand the availability of ultra-fast speeds through AT&T GigaPower to homes, apartments and small businesses in parts of 38 additional metros across the United States – which will total at least 56 metros served.

With the launch of our ultra-fast Internet service in parts of 2 of these metros today – Los Angeles and West Palm Beach – AT&T GigaPower is now available in 20 of the nation’s largest metros.

The 38 metro areas that AT&T will be entering, starting with the launch of service in parts of the Los Angeles and West Palm Beach metros today, are:

• Alabama: Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, and Montgomery
  • Arkansas: Fort Smith/Northwest Arkansas and Little Rock
  • California: Bakersfield, Fresno, Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, and San Jose
  • Florida: Pensacola and West Palm Beach
  • Georgia: Augusta
  • Indiana: Indianapolis
  • Kansas: Wichita
  • Kentucky: Louisville
  • Louisiana: Baton Rouge, Shreveport-Bossier, Jefferson Parish region, and the Northshore
  • Mississippi: Jackson
  • Missouri: St. Louis
  • Michigan: Detroit
  • Nevada: Reno
  • North Carolina: Asheville
  • Ohio: Cleveland and Columbus
  • Oklahoma: Oklahoma City and Tulsa
  • South Carolina: Charleston, Columbia, and Greenville
  • Tennessee: Memphis
  • Texas: El Paso and Lubbock
  • Wisconsin: Milwaukee

I'm a AT&T customer, currently on their 75d/8up U-Verse package that involves bonded pairs and have been with AT&T since the late 90's. Unfortunately I'm not in "Los Angeles", but I am in the Greater Los Angeles area so I'm hoping this will encompasses my area as well, if not in the future since there is dark fiber in the streets of my city, so AT&T could tap into that. Coincidentally I've been having some slowness with my connection, so it's either AT&T being crap or they are doing some upgrades around my area :D

Augusta? Really? So Atlanta doesn't exist I presume?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Oh, of course St. louis is getting it, with outlying areas being explored. But nope. Not St. Charles. We suck. 

This makes me salty. Real salty.

Do you even fanboy bro?

Source: http://about.att.com/story/plans_to_reach_38_more_metros_blazing_internet_speeds.html

Coverage Map: https://www.att.com/shop/internet/gigapower/coverage-map.html

I'm a AT&T customer, currently on their 75d/8up U-Verse package that involves bonded pairs and have been with AT&T since the late 90's. Unfortunately I'm not in "Los Angeles", but I am in the Greater Los Angeles area so I'm hoping this will encompasses my area as well, if not in the future since there is dark fiber in the streets of my city, so AT&T could tap into that. Coincidentally I've been having some slowness with my connection, so it's either AT&T being crap or they are doing some upgrades around my area :D

i'm close, sacramento. but i don't think it will reach far.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

• Michigan: Detroit

YEAH! I don't have AT&T anymore, mostly because in nearly all of michigan they only offer 5/1 at the moment. I'm probably not gonna switch but hopefully this will drive the price down.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Really? I need to get in on this...

You can check for availability for your residence here: https://www.att.com/shop/u-verse/gigapower.html

*Edit, also if you're interested Google Fiber is supposedly coming to Atlanta as well, in these counties: Avondale Estates, Brookhaven, College Park, Decatur, East Point, Hapeville, Sandy Springs, and Smyrna, so expect these areas to also house AT&T since there must be fiber in the streets or a deal to get it deployed there and possibly the surrounding counties as well.

You can check for Google Fiber in Atlanta here: https://fiber.google.com/cities/atlanta/

I live like 30 miles away from sac and im on satellite it sucks but maybe I will move to sac in the near furture

i'm close, sacramento. but i don't think it will reach far.

another member that lives near me

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

does it have data caps? because it will be great to see people break them in days when youtube defaults to 1080p rather then 720.

look at this speed you can barley use or youll go over

Meanwhile the Australian government is rolling out blazing faster next gen tech called vdsl..... I hope American isp's continue to roll out fiber with 1Gb plans just to show how much of a joke Australia is. (not that the population will even care :/

Gigabit Ethernet!......with stupidly small data caps

does it have data caps? because it will be great to see people break them in days when youtube defaults to 1080p rather then 720.

look at this speed you can barley use or youll go over

Supposedly the Home service data cap is 1TB, personally if this was available to me I'd be on the Business service and would not have a cap.

1TB is quite a bit, better than Comcrap's 300GB limit, but it's still a limit, which sucks.

Supposedly the Home service data cap is 1TB, personally if this was available to me I'd be on the Business service and would not have a cap.

1TB is quite a bit, better than Comcrap's 300GB limit, but it's still a limit, which sucks.

data caps dont even make sense anyway, just tell customers you will throttle there speed in the event that there is way to much traffic on the network(provided there is still a minimum speed provided), but other then that go nuts

I actually have some sort of bonded pair internet connection but I only get 18 MbPS. If they get Gigabit here before Sonic.net does, I'll be switching.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

I actually have some sort of bonded pair internet connection but I only get 18 MbPS. If they get Gigabit here before Sonic.net does, I'll be switching.

Bonded pair through AT&T? If so you can check your modem by going to 192.168.1.254 and then go to the "Broadband" tab at the top and it'll show your two lines and what they can provide. We used to be on the 50d/5up package and then they started to allow bonding. We could get 200Mbps down and 50Mbps up, however they don't offer a package that high, but that is what's shown on my Broadband page;

J8oLrHP.png

That's just on copper, but it's probably because we're around 600ft from the utility box at the corner that converts from fiber, if I lived farther down my street I probably wouldn't be able to have my current package.

Gigabit internet will be an hour away from me. I know where I'm moving.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Bonded pair through AT&T? If so you can check your modem by going to 192.168.1.254 and then go to the "Broadband" tab at the top and it'll show your two lines and what they can provide. We used to be on the 50d/5up package and then they started to allow bonding. We could get 200Mbps down and 50Mbps up, however they don't offer a package that high, but that is what's shown on my Broadband page;

J8oLrHP.png

That's just on copper, but it's probably because we're around 600ft from the utility box at the corner that converts from fiber, if I lived farther down my street I probably wouldn't be able to have my current package.

Did it, my connection with AT&T is capable of 25 megabits (15200 kilobits on line 1 and 10007 kilobits on line 2 to be exact.) Sometimes we get that speed on downloads but most of the time it's in the 15-18 Mbps. The broadband table looks exactly like mine. Two lines both up and running. I live in a pretty old house and the fact that we live far from the utility box didn't help matters either so that's why they went with a "business type" bonded connection according to technician the came to my place.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Hi! Americans, say it with me. Fibre. F-I-B-R-E.

Also, A-L-U-M-I-N-I-U-M. 

Was it that hard? :)

Jk.

Ontopic: Better internet for everyone makes me happy, I really think more options for internet as well as better value and speed is super important. I consider it a utility in the 21st century. Sadly, regional and rural areas often miss out. Mostly in countries where the infrastructure is privatised..

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Now, once I can afford it, I too, will be playing with power. Gigapower!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

This is awesome. I'm waiting on others to jump on the upgrade wagon than move where I live though.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero