r5 3600
16gb ddr4 3200mhz

b450 tomahawk max
rx 6600xt

1tb ssd + 6tb hdd
meshify c
750w dragon or something psu idk

2 hours ago, Shimejii said:

Hey it was brand new at the time :P Ive since upgraded to a 1080ti for 450$, still have my 980ti on the shelf incase something ever happens.

was it used because damn 450 seems low for a 1080ti but then again its been a few years

pc specs:

Spoiler

r5 3600
16gb ddr4 3200mhz

b450 tomahawk max
rx 6600xt

1tb ssd + 6tb hdd
meshify c

3 hours ago, Shimejii said:

1080tis tend to go for 350+ish now adays. And yes it was used :D

seems like all of nvidias big cards from a few years ago still go for a lot compared to their newer stuff or amd's big older cards (for example, 580 vs 1660 non super or ti

pc specs:

Spoiler

r5 3600
16gb ddr4 3200mhz

b450 tomahawk max
rx 6600xt

1tb ssd + 6tb hdd
meshify c

time is really flying by. i was looking at this post at the beginning and i was like hey.. i kinda recognize all this stuff then i looked at the time this post was posted.. 2015 god damn!

• 6 months later...
3 minutes ago, SUBSCRIBE TO LTT said:

why, just why, would you go with intel?

this was in 2015 :P AMD was bottom tier at this point. Since this time My x99 MSI board died, and i went with a x570 Aorus master and ryzen 3800x

• 2 years later...

God, this thread is gold somehow...

but the pics of the 2015 build won't load... that'd be pretty interesting to see!

@Shimejiibtw, so you have a 5800x3D too...? im curious,  mostly about temps, mine goes to like 79c during cb23, which is probably pretty decent for a noctua u12s,  but im wondering if it isn't holding the system back a bit anyways,  i got pretty not so great physics score in firestrike... its not a big deal,  system still performs well (ie average)  but other than temps i don't know why other cpu scores are so much better since you can't really oc this chip... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

God, this thread is gold somehow...

but the pics of the 2015 build won't load... that'd be pretty interesting to see!

@Shimejiibtw, so you have a 5800x3D too...? im curious,  mostly about temps, mine goes to like 79c during cb23, which is probably pretty decent for a noctua u12s,  but im wondering if it isn't holding the system back a bit anyways,  i got pretty not so great physics score in firestrike... its not a big deal,  system still performs well (ie average)  but other than temps i don't know why other cpu scores are so much better since you can't really oc this chip... 

Yeah the pics died when the website went through some changes for some reason.

also i upgraded from the 3800x to the 5800x3D  when i got the 3090ti. Anything under 80c Should be fine, this chip isnt great for firestrike since that likes higher clocked chips usually. Use PBO2 Tuner, set a -20 for all cores, then see if you can do -25 stable or -30 stable. Then thats it. Should increase your performance a bit. I have the NH-D15 so similar cooler but not exactly the same 😛 

9 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Yeah the pics died when the website went through some changes for some reason.

also i upgraded from the 3800x to the 5800x3D  when i got the 3090ti. Anything under 80c Should be fine, this chip isnt great for firestrike since that likes higher clocked chips usually. Use PBO2 Tuner, set a -20 for all cores, then see if you can do -25 stable or -30 stable. Then thats it. Should increase your performance a bit. I have the NH-D15 so similar cooler but not exactly the same 😛 

Ah, that sucks, so you don't have the pics anymore,  of the "red beast"? 😅

oh, yeah, i know it's not great, but i compared to same cpu/gpu... my gpu is pretty much up there (2025mhz never downclocks...) but cpu score is pretty awful in comparison (and i thought it clocks pretty high too) 

I'll have to check again,  maybe 3dmark didn't show me actually the same cpu (although that would be weird) 

Yeah, i just set it to -30... 😛

temps went from ~85 to 79... and no issues, no crashes, etc  *knocks on wood*

ps: oh and cb scores went up a lot! (like 800 points) 

thats why im thinking... temps... lower temps should def give higher scores lol 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

8 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Ah, that sucks, so you don't have the pics anymore,  of the "red beast"? 😅

oh, yeah, i know it's not great, but i compared to same cpu/gpu... my gpu is pretty much up there (2025mhz never downclocks...) but cpu score is pretty awful in comparison (and i thought it clocks pretty high too) 

I'll have to check again,  maybe 3dmark didn't show me actually the same cpu (although that would be weird) 

Yeah, i just set it to -30... 😛

temps went from ~85 to 79... and no issues, no crashes, etc  *knocks on wood*

ps: oh and cb scores went up a lot! (like 800 points) 

thats why im thinking... temps... lower temps should def give higher scores lol 

I have them somewhere on the Backup HDD 😛 Just not on this computer. Ive reformated three times since 2015  for the main drive. 

Yeah thermals matter for the 5800x3D, if you can get them under 80c it  generally will perform great with PBO2 Tuner, sticking at 4450mhz. Was hoping for 4550mhz but still a VERY stable 4450 is fine by me. 

Get a good 360 AIO or big air cooler and be set. Its what i did lol

1 hour ago, Shimejii said:

I have them somewhere on the Backup HDD 😛 Just not on this computer. Ive reformated three times since 2015  for the main drive. 

Yeah thermals matter for the 5800x3D, if you can get them under 80c it  generally will perform great with PBO2 Tuner, sticking at 4450mhz. Was hoping for 4550mhz but still a VERY stable 4450 is fine by me. 

Get a good 360 AIO or big air cooler and be set. Its what i did lol

ah, no worries  🙂

well it *is* under 80 : D

mine clocks to 4550 on two or three cores (not always the same ones) but never all cores.... that would be the platinum sample lol... ive seen people claim the chip cant do 4550 at all  : p

oh well, yeah, but that's an issue with my case, its small, hard to build in... thats probably not worth it, maybe i get a better case with better cooling etc... but its not a big deal anyway,  i was really just curious and im quite happy pbo2 works well and lowered temps a lot already.  

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity