4ms for CSGO?

Sketchy_Banana

So i wanted to know if an ips monitor with a 144hz refresh rate and a 4ms response time would be good for hardcore CSGO. Would it? Its the Asus MG279q

Yeah but there quality control issues

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

you used the word hardcore so I will say no. Pro gamers I would call hardcore or wannabe pros and they wouldnt be caught dead with a 4ms monitor. For the rest of the world it would be more then fine. 

you used the word hardcore so I will say no. Pro gamers I would call hardcore or wannabe pros and they wouldnt be caught dead with a 4ms monitor. For the rest of the world it would be more then fine. 

I don't think a hardcore gamer would know the difference between 4ms and 1ms at any time. me, i'm holding out for one of those new nanosecond monitors. if that's the monitor you want, buy it.

1ms is better, but they are generally expensive for the nice ones. TN is what you want.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Youre fine calm down with response time its a myth @Glenwing could explain. You actually can barely notice the difference

What's your budget? That can help you getting some suggestions as well but what Czex said up there holds true although I think IPS states more ms but works better or same as TN Panel? As I remember hearing something about the way they calculate ms for IPS is different than TN but not so sure on that so don't quote me on that.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K /Cooler: Custom Loop /Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula /Memory: G.Skill Trident Z 64GB (3000 MHz) /GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme
Storage: 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 120GB Kingston v300 SSD + 4TB WD Black + 3x 2TB WD Red + 500GB Seagate Barracuda /Chassis: Corsair 900D /OS: Win 10 x64
All powered by Corsair AX1200i

If youre playing a lot of CSGO, higher refresh rate is what you should be more concerned about.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Youre fine calm down with response time its a myth @Glenwing could explain. You actually can barely notice the difference

Unless he's gonna become next walle of CS  :ph34r:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K /Cooler: Custom Loop /Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula /Memory: G.Skill Trident Z 64GB (3000 MHz) /GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme
Storage: 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 120GB Kingston v300 SSD + 4TB WD Black + 3x 2TB WD Red + 500GB Seagate Barracuda /Chassis: Corsair 900D /OS: Win 10 x64
All powered by Corsair AX1200i

Unless he's gonna become next walle of CS  :ph34r:

maybe not even then lol 

No, you LITERALLY cannot tell the difference. I think human reaction times(visually) cap out at like 100 ms or something like that, and that's probably in the best-case scenario. So, basically, 3 milliseconds is not going to change your performance in any way.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I play CS:GO on a 5ms IPS panel, and I can't notice any difference AT ALL vs. my TN secondary panel.

You'd be fine.

I used to be quite active here.

Except in professional csgo, where the difference between 6ms and 1ms is noticeable, but only for the very... well attuned. 

For csgo, anything less than 6ms is perfectly fine, most "professional" csgo players are on anything between 6ms and 1ms, with most actually not on the latter.

Ghosting is a bigger killer on csgo anyway, forget response times.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Except in professional csgo, where the difference between 6ms and 1ms is noticeable, but only for the very... well attuned.

For csgo, anything less than 6ms is perfectly fine, most "professional" csgo players are on anything between 6ms and 1ms, with most actually not on the latter.

Ghosting is a bigger killer on csgo anyway, forget response times.

Thats just a myth, 1 Vs 6 ms makes no difference in real world.

Even 1 vs 8ms makes no difference in real world.

The thing with the csgo players is they take anything that they think will help them win, and other people watching them will belive they are so good because of there 1ms 240hz screens.

Higher refresh rate is important. 
Not saying going from 60 to 144Hz was the sole reason, but when I upgraded I went from Nova 3 to MGE in 3 weeks. 

Response time is so meaningless at that point, you're talking about 3/1000ths of a second. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

What's your budget? That can help you getting some suggestions as well but what Czex said up there holds true although I think IPS states more ms but works better or same as TN Panel? As I remember hearing something about the way they calculate ms for IPS is different than TN but not so sure on that so don't quote me on that.

Around $650, i was looking into the Asus MG279q.

If youre playing a lot of CSGO, higher refresh rate is what you should be more concerned about.

Yes, i want a 144hz monitor.

There are 1000ms in 1 second. 4ms is actually pretty small. Look for higher reresh rate like 144hz and try and find some input lag amounts for your monitor (monitor brands won't provide this)

Yes, im looking into 144hz monitors.

I play CS:GO on a 5ms IPS panel, and I can't notice any difference AT ALL vs. my TN secondary panel.

You'd be fine.

What are the specs on your TN panel?

Higher refresh rate is important. 

Not saying going from 60 to 144Hz was the sole reason, but when I upgraded I went from Nova 3 to MGE in 3 weeks. 

Response time is so meaningless at that point, you're talking about 3/1000ths of a second. 

With what a p90? lol its a good gun!

Yes, i want a 144hz monitor.

Most 144Hz monitors come with a 1ms response time anyway, theyre mainly calibrated for fast paced FPS shooters.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Most 144Hz monitors come with a 1ms response time anyway, theyre mainly calibrated for fast paced FPS shooters.

Yes, but with an IPS panel?

Yes, but with an IPS panel?

I know the PG279Q from Asus has all the bells and whistles, but its also 1440p and costs way more.