Low image quality on newer GPUs

Demiqas
22 hours ago, KenjiD5 said:

i saw that if i use AMD CHS shadow settings at gta v.. all the pixelated shadows are gone so i can play the game nice again ok im going to post my settings wait

Holy quadruple post, lol. 

And what is the size of your monitor? ;) 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

sorry for the spam.. my internet is messed up again.. so anyways i bought dark souls 3 and damn.. i cant stand the aliasing on that game.. i set everything on max but it was still like that.. the grass shimmers.. far away from me is some lands that isnt loading only when i get near them and shit the stuttering is real.. my monitor is 1366x768.. should i buy a 1080p one will it solve it

3 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

Holy quadruple post, lol. 

And what is the size of your monitor? ;) 

sorry for the spam.. my internet is messed up again.. so anyways i bought dark souls 3 and damn.. i cant stand the aliasing on that game.. i set everything on max but it was still like that.. the grass shimmers.. far away from me is some lands that isnt loading only when i get near them and shit the stuttering is real.. my monitor is 1366x768.. should i buy a 1080p one will it solve it

8 hours ago, KenjiD5 said:

The Dark Souls games are not known for their high level graphics, but for the unique and punishing game play. ;) 

What I found that really helps DS3 look a lot better is running it at a higher resolution and having it down-sampled using DSR. My monitor is a 26" 1920x1200, but I actually run the game at 2560x1600 with DSR. All the aliasing and jaggies are significantly reduced and the image quality is much better.

You mentioned your monitor resolution before, but what I'm asking is the size of your monitor. Is it 19 inches? 22 inches? That's what I need to know. ;)

1366x768 is a fairly low resolution to begin with, so already I would say the image quality will not be too great, even running games at the highest graphics settings possible.  

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

5 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

The Dark Souls games are not known for their high level graphics, but for the unique and punishing game play. ;) 

What I found that really helps DS3 look a lot better is running it at a higher resolution and having it down-sampled using DSR. My monitor is a 26" 1920x1200, but I actually run the game at 2560x1600 with DSR. All the aliasing and jaggies are significantly reduced and the image quality is much better.

You mentioned your monitor resolution before, but what I'm asking is the size of your monitor. Is it 19 inches? 22 inches? That's what I need to know. ;)

1366x768 is a fairly low resolution to begin with, so already I would say the image quality will not be too great, even running games at the highest graphics settings possible.  

no.. if you look at some youtube videos you can see that antialiasing works on them.. in my game.. its worst than no antialiasing.. like im playing minecraft with a dark souls 3 mod.. all the grass shimmering/flickering i dunno.. the textures are just loading about 6 ft away from me.. after 6ft.. the terrains have no details,shadows,and just smooth.. everywhere i walk i can see some texture pop in and so bad aliasing.. it also happens in gta v.. now i cant even change nvidia control panel settings even nvidia inspector.. i maxed out the graphics settings and still look like shit and look like low..

Guys pls go back to this thread and help me.. does anyone here solved the problem? does replacing the gpu with another gpu like my current gpu will work.. i will just replace it for free with another one like this cause i just bought it last month so i can replace it for 1 year if i have problems with the gpu.. will it work and solve the problem or just the same.. i wasted my money on dark souls 3.. Super Mario 64 look a lot better than my dark souls 3 because of this problems.. even gta v.. i format the pc and just waste my save game that is near the end of gta v now i have to replay gta v.. still the problem occurs even formatting.. tried some malware removers and tried Reimage but still nothing.. my last resort was to replace my card,, will it work or i will just waste my time?

watch this pls look at those graphics m8.. flickering and shit

9 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

5 hours ago, KenjiD5 said:

Guys pls go back to this thread and help me.. does anyone here solved the problem? does replacing the gpu with another gpu like my current gpu will work.. i will just replace it for free with another one like this cause i just bought it last month so i can replace it for 1 year if i have problems with the gpu.. will it work and solve the problem or just the same.. i wasted my money on dark souls 3.. Super Mario 64 look a lot better than my dark souls 3 because of this problems.. even gta v.. i format the pc and just waste my save game that is near the end of gta v now i have to replay gta v.. still the problem occurs even formatting.. tried some malware removers and tried Reimage but still nothing.. my last resort was to replace my card,, will it work or i will just waste my time?

2 hours ago, KenjiD5 said:

watch this pls look at those graphics m8.. flickering and shit

For the 4th time; WHAT SIZE (how many inches) is your monitor???? ;) 

You have a fairly low resolution display and depending on the size, the pixel density is probably quite low as well. Nothing is going to look very good on it, regardless. 

Also what graphics settings are you running Dark Souls 3 at? I can see each pixel in the video you took and they are huge. Due to the low pixel density, there's only so much detail that can be properly represented. The flickering and ailiasing (jaggies) is an unavoidable result of this. The more graphically detailed the game is, the worse it is going to look. That is why older games with more simplistic graphics look better on low pixel density displays compared to modern games with more complex graphics on the same low pixel density display.

Like I said before; switching to a display with a higher pixel density is the only true way to get cleaner image quality. Just keep in mind; with higher resolution, you will also need a more powerful GPU to run it.  

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

For the 4th time; WHAT SIZE (how many inches) is your monitor???? ;) 

You have a fairly low resolution display and depending on the size, the pixel density is probably quite low as well. Nothing is going to look very good on it, regardless. 

Also what graphics settings are you running Dark Souls 3 at? I can see each pixel in the video you took and they are huge. Due to the low pixel density, there's only so much detail that can be properly represented. The flickering and ailiasing (jaggies) is an unavoidable result of this. The more graphically detailed the game is, the worse it is going to look. That is why older games with more simplistic graphics look better on low pixel density displays compared to modern games with more complex graphics on the same low pixel density display.

Like I said before; switching to a display with a higher pixel density is the only true way to get cleaner image quality. Just keep in mind; with higher resolution, you will also need a more powerful GPU to run it.  

i heard a 1080p one can run in gtx 750 ti.. i might buy that.. but still a hardware or software issue.. it will just going to make my game look nicer but still dont fix this issues (shimmering,flickering,low draw distance,texture popins).. or it will..  the monitor size is 18.5 inch

On 4/28/2016 at 9:26 AM, KenjiD5 said:

i heard a 1080p one can run in gtx 750 ti.. i might buy that.. but still a hardware or software issue.. it will just going to make my game look nicer but still dont fix this issues (shimmering,flickering,low draw distance,texture popins).. or it will..  the monitor size is 18.5 inch

Just did some quick research and math. 1366x768 has roughly half the number of total pixels as 1920x1080. 

Your current monitor at 18.5 inches with that lower resolution has a pixel density of about 7235 ppsi (pixels per square inch). So by switching to a 1080p monitor of equal size you would be essentially doubling the pixel density (14,300ppsi) and that will greatly improve the image quality. 

Pixel density is related to the size and resolution of the display. So if we take a 37" 1080p display, it would have the same pixel density (pixels per square inch) of your 18.5" 1366 x 768 monitor. The pixels would be about the same size. 

Knowing that, we can safely say that even if you went up to a 24" 1080p monitor, the pixel density would still be higher that what you have now and thus, still produce a better image. So yeah, if you want to upgrade, that will make a big difference. Just remember; the bigger the display at the same resolution, the lower the pixel density will be and the lower the image quality you will get.

A 750ti can drive most games smoothly at 1080p but you will have to turn the graphics settings down quite a bit with some, so keep that in mind. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Just did some quick research and math. 1366x768 has roughly half the number of total pixels as 1920x1080. 

Your current monitor at 18.5 inches with that lower resolution has a pixel density of about 7235 ppsi (pixels per square inch). So by switching to a 1080p monitor of equal size you would be essentially doubling the pixel density (14,300ppsi) and that will greatly improve the image quality. 

Pixel density is related to the size and resolution of the display. So if we take a 37" 1080p display, it would have the same pixel density (pixels per square inch) of your 18.5" 1366 x 768 monitor. The pixels would be about the same size. 

Knowing that, we can safely say that even if you went up to a 24" 1080p monitor, the pixel density would still be higher that what you have now and thus, still produce a better image. So yeah, if you want to upgrade, that will make a big difference. Just remember; the bigger the display at the same resolution, the lower the pixel density will be and the lower the image quality you will get.

A 750ti can drive most games smoothly at 1080p but you will have to turn the graphics settings down quite a bit with some, so keep that in mind. 

but it still not going to fix low draw distance,texture pop ins and pixelated shadows though right? just increase the image quality.. but do you think i will notice the pop ins and low shadow cascaded maps more than now?

Guys i found a fix for low SHADOW DISTANCE.. this wont get rid of the texture pop in or pixelated shadows but get rid of the low shadow cascade map.. this fix only works if you have GTA V.. ok go to to the C:\Users\-USERNAME-\AppData  (to go to the appdata click organize and click folder and search option and click view and you will see Hidden folders with 2 buttons.. click Show hidden folder then apply and then ok)  delete the file called "Local剜捯獫慴⁲慇敭屳呇⁁屖湥楴汴浥湥⹴湩潦".. this will keep coming back if you play gta v so everytime you want to play other games without that shitty low shadow distance.. always delete this or never play gta v again so it wont be back hahahaha

did someone already fixed this issues?? 

Hello? is the topic dead already? come on seriously??? Miku Miku Miku Demiqas pls be back!! revive this please

i too have a simmilar issue with white dots on wet/slimy surfaces and exessive shimmering in certain games.

i have it in witcher 3,fallout 4,battlefield 4 ,assassin creed unity far cry 4 anyone with similar issue??

2 hours ago, Razpor said:

i too have a simmilar issue with white dots on wet/slimy surfaces and exessive shimmering in certain games.

i have it in witcher 3,fallout 4,battlefield 4 ,assassin creed unity far cry 4 anyone with similar issue??

Most games have inadequate anti-aliasing techniques, either due to engine limitations, budget constraints, or performance cost. After all these posts, I haven't seen a single instance where anything was abnormal or had to do with certain hardware only. But you mentioned TW3, which has pretty good AA solutions, so unless you turned AA off it shouldn't be as bad as BF4, ACU and FC4. 

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

hello.. is this all game issues? if this were game issues.. why this issues doesnt exist in the first week of my new gpu and motherboard

19 hours ago, KenjiD5 said:

Hello? is the topic dead already? come on seriously??? Miku Miku Miku Demiqas pls be back!! revive this please

Like I've said before; to sum up aliasing, shimmering issues, the only possible fix aside from turning up those settings is to upgrade to a monitor with a higher pixel density.

Other issues like object pop-in, shadow flickering, LOD boxes etc. is purely software related. Go complain to the game devs and driver teams. It's not hardware related.

The other thing which I've mentioned many times in this thread is the level of image detail being pumped in to modern games. There simply aren't enough pixels per inch on a typical 1080p (or lower) monitor to properly render the image in full sharpness/accuracy and thus some visual anomalies result - like shimmering, dancing lines, etc. And this ties in with my first point above which is that a higher pixel density display will alleviate a lot of those anomalies. 

14 hours ago, Monarch said:

Most games have inadequate anti-aliasing techniques, either due to engine limitations, budget constraints, or performance cost. After all these posts, I haven't seen a single instance where anything was abnormal or had to do with certain hardware only. But you mentioned TW3, which has pretty good AA solutions, so unless you turned AA off it shouldn't be as bad as BF4, ACU and FC4. 

^I agree with this, for the most part. And just to add; in TW3, turn down the sharpness in the graphics settings. When you crank that up it just makes those effects worse. Keep sharpness down and it should look much better. 

7 hours ago, KenjiD5 said:

why this issues doesnt exist in the first week of my new gpu and motherboard

We still have not seen anyone present real "before and after" evidence of this happening. Until then, I must remain skeptical.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, MEC-777 said:

Like I've said before; to sum up aliasing, shimmering issues, the only possible fix aside from turning up those settings is to upgrade to a monitor with a higher pixel density.

Other issues like object pop-in, shadow flickering, LOD boxes etc. is purely software related. Go complain to the game devs and driver teams. It's not hardware related.

The other thing which I've mentioned many times in this thread is the level of image detail being pumped in to modern games. There simply aren't enough pixels per inch on a typical 1080p (or lower) monitor to properly render the image in full sharpness/accuracy and thus some visual anomalies result - like shimmering, dancing lines, etc. And this ties in with my first point above which is that a higher pixel density display will alleviate a lot of those anomalies. 

^I agree with this, for the most part. And just to add; in TW3, turn down the sharpness in the graphics settings. When you crank that up it just makes those effects worse. Keep sharpness down and it should look much better. 

We still have not seen anyone present real "before and after" evidence of this happening. Until then, I must remain skeptical.

oh come on. come on! why would it be a game issue if all games got it? yes might be software related.. but still not normal!.. im going to try outlast tonight.. i have played it so many times so im very sure.. VERY VERY SURE THERE IS NO TEXTURE POP INS or PIXELATED SHADOWS in that game.. i be pissed off very much if i saw pixelated shadows in that game tonight.. 

also having some weird shadows cast out of nowhereUntitled.png

14 minutes ago, KenjiD5 said:

oh come on. come on! why would it be a game issue if all games got it? yes might be software related.. but still not normal!.. im going to try outlast tonight.. i have played it so many times so im very sure.. VERY VERY SURE THERE IS NO TEXTURE POP INS or PIXELATED SHADOWS in that game.. i be pissed off very much if i saw pixelated shadows in that game tonight.. 

No game is perfect in it's development/execution. As far as the hardware is concerned, it does what it's instructed to do (by the software) bound only by it's physical limitations (architecture, number of cores, clock speeds etc,) and the limitations of the software telling it what to do. The hardware cannot effect the visuals in the manner of which you are suggesting (causing pop-ins, poor aliasing/shadows etc.) not unless it's hitting a physical limitation of the hardware like running our of Vram. If it's not running out of Vram, then pop-in is a software-related issue or a game setting issue.  

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

No game is perfect in it's development/execution. As far as the hardware is concerned, it does what it's instructed to do (by the software) bound only by it's physical limitations (architecture, number of cores, clock speeds etc,) and the limitations of the software telling it what to do. The hardware cannot effect the visuals in the manner of which you are suggesting (causing pop-ins, poor aliasing/shadows etc.) not unless it's hitting a physical limitation of the hardware like running our of Vram. If it's not running out of Vram, then pop-in is a software-related issue or a game setting issue.  

ok.. i do believe no game is perfect.. but i dont believe that games i played before on my geforce 210 will look more shitty in a newer gpu.... ok i try buying a 1080p monitor this week.. i reply back if it improve it or do nothing or remove my problems.

12 minutes ago, KenjiD5 said:

ok.. i do believe no game is perfect.. but i dont believe that games i played before on my geforce 210 will look more shitty in a newer gpu.... ok i try buying a 1080p monitor this week.. i reply back if it improve it or do nothing or remove my problems.

Forgive me, but what games can you run on a GT210 that maintain half-decent frame rates? The lower resolution helps I'm sure. Just curious.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

30 minutes ago, KenjiD5 said:

A 1080p monitor is not going to help remove aliasing. So if that's what you're hoping to get out of it, don't waste money. In fact, not even a 4k monitor can do that. Sure, aliasing would be less pronounced, but still there.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

17 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Forgive me, but what games can you run on a GT210 that maintain half-decent frame rates? The lower resolution helps I'm sure. Just curious.

hey.. i survive with that for 4 YEARS!!!i played a lot of games with that gpu like Half Life 2,(ALL SOURCE GAMES I THINK),Outlast,Amnesia,COD MW SERIES and BO Series except for BO3,Battlefield 3 (not rly),storm 3 and revolution,Batman Arkham Origins,Grand Theft Auto 1 - 4,Undertale OFC,HuniePop (Just kidding m8 dont take that game srsly),and more