Low image quality on newer GPUs

Demiqas

As I have explained in the OP, no amount of AA fixes the degredation noticable in the two screenshots. Increasing LOD bias does help a lot, and that allows us to ask the question: why has nvidia removed the LOD bias settings while still keeping it in the control panel, making us think it's functional?

Not sure why something would be removed from the control panel if it's either just not worth the time to re-implement for everything or flat out doesn't work with current technologies but as I stated earlier, it looks the EXACT same aside from AA.

Not sure why something would be removed from the control panel if it's either just not worth the time to re-implement for everything or flat out doesn't work with current technologies but as I stated earlier, it looks the EXACT same aside from AA.

A user named "Guss" bother to make modded drivers with working LOD bias. He said it only took him a few lines of code.

Here is the thread in which you can find all of this on the LOD bias: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/529407/geforce-drivers/clamp-negative-lod-bias/

I will say this again, the difference of the two screenshots is noticable in the sharpness and graininess of the textures and models. !NO amount of AA fixes this. You can turn on 8x SGSSAA and it will still have those!. LOD bias however did help a lot. What you see in the screenshots is not a difference in AA, it is a difference of two cards. Again, a lot of that sharpness can be solved by manually turning up the LOD bias, NOT by turning up AA. But manually turning up LOD bias doesn't work as great as when nvidia would make a properly functioning LOD bias again.

This is the exact same settings with normal broken LOD bias:

auto_lod_msaa8rj6r.png

This is the exact same settings with a normally functioning LOD bias:

lod_0_msaa4njug.png

The thread I linked has the modded drivers that fixes LOD bias. You can see all of the difference for yourself.

Note that this is a lot more visible in motion and while actually playing the game rather then in screenshost.

A user named "Guss" bother to make modded drivers with working LOD bias. He said it only took him a few lines of code.

Here is the thread in which you can find all of this on the LOD bias: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/529407/geforce-drivers/clamp-negative-lod-bias/

I will say this again, the difference of the two screenshots is noticable in the sharpness and graininess of the textures and models. !NO amount of AA fixes this. You can turn on 8x SGSSAA and it will still have those!. LOD bias however did help a lot. What you see in the screenshots is not a difference in AA, it is a difference of two cards. Again, a lot of that sharpness can be solved by manually turning up the LOD bias, NOT by turning up AA. But manually turning up LOD bias doesn't work as great as when nvidia would make a properly functioning LOD bias again.

You've missed my point entirely but alrighty then.

This is the exact same settings with normal broken LOD bias:

This is the exact same settings with a normally functioning LOD bias:

The thread I linked has the modded drivers that fixes LOD bias. You can see all of the difference for yourself.

Note that this is a lot more visible in motion and while actually playing the game rather then in screenshost.

I've attached an image made in photoshop by overlaying those using "difference".  Anything not black means there was a difference between the two images in that pixel.

post-265114-0-25209900-1449360464_thumb.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

if nvidia had nothing to hide they would have nothing to fear. Instead they didn't even stop at hiding the thread, they are still deleting any useful new posts that are being made inside of it. Read my post above yours, there is plenty of evidence in many new games including battlefield and far cry in the mentioned thread. I will try to compile some important ones tommorow morning.

I don't know about your mentality if you truly think a plethora of users would come together to spend months of their times and thousands of their bucks in an attempt to slander some company. I've been using nvidia for a while and I have no reason to blindly hate on them, I am just immensely bothered by this issue and their attitude towards it.

The mentioned bluescreens are not an on going series of blue screens. They stop after the first few times when your image quality has come to an all new low.

If you truly want evidence right here and right now, then read my thread and notice the fact that the LOD bias settings are genuinely not working and the fact that a lot of games go up in quality after adjusting LOD values through nvidia inspector.

NVIDIA indeed has plenty to hide; they obviously would want to hide information that would unfairly slander them. And, do you have records of some of the posts NVIDIA deleted so I can analyze whether or not they contain "useful" information? It's remarkably convenient to claim that NVIDIA deleted them, and I shouldn't believe you anyway since you have no evidence to support it other than hearsay. You'd better have some verifiable evidence by tomorrow, or else I'm going to be sorely disappointed. I wish I could test this myself, however, since that way I know no foul play were involved. In fact, it would be better for an independent third party to review these claims and test for themselves. Perhaps some scientists could become involved, and their reputations depend on providing factually correct information. I would be happy to call one who is remarkably intelligent and excellent at discerning truth from falsehood, if you would like. 

Of course I would think that. I don't know the motivations behind it, but I imagine some people would hate NVIDIA enough to do that. Or perhaps money is involved; I wouldn't exactly put it past AMD to pay some people to slander NVIDIA in order to edge some market share back. Of course, without any evidence to prove that, it's not exactly a solid theory, but while we're speculating about wild conspiracies, I thought it was appropriate.

I still see no evidence of the bluescreens. Again, I, nor my sister, nor my brother, have experienced them. Not a one. This is where your theories start to come apart. If NVIDIA were involved in a vast conspiracy to lower the image quality of all users' games, why wouldn't it affect everyone? Why would it only happen to a few select users? How would they program it to happen?

No. I cannot be bothered to read a massive thread about what could very well be an issue that doesn't exist or is some massive campaign to target NVIDIA. Again, I would be happy to test this myself, but since I've never gotten a bluescreen like you described, I cannot. And unless I can test myself, or I can find an independent third party that would be willing to do so, I am not going to believe you. There is too much that doesn't add up here for me to take what you say at face value. As someone who wants to uncover the truth, surely you understand that.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

NVIDIA indeed has plenty to hide; they obviously would want to hide information that would unfairly slander them. And, do you have records of some of the posts NVIDIA deleted so I can analyze whether or not they contain "useful" information? It's remarkably convenient to claim that NVIDIA deleted them, and I shouldn't believe you anyway since you have no evidence to support it other than hearsay. You'd better have some verifiable evidence by tomorrow, or else I'm going to be sorely disappointed. I wish I could test this myself, however, since that way I know no foul play were involved. In fact, it would be better for an independent third party to review these claims and test for themselves. Perhaps some scientists could become involved, and their reputations depend on providing factually correct information. I would be happy to call one who is remarkably intelligent and excellent at discerning truth from falsehood, if you would like. 

Of course I would think that. I don't know the motivations behind it, but I imagine some people would hate NVIDIA enough to do that. Or perhaps money is involved; I wouldn't exactly put it past AMD to pay some people to slander NVIDIA in order to edge some market share back. Of course, without any evidence to prove that, it's not exactly a solid theory, but while we're speculating about wild conspiracies, I thought it was appropriate.

I still see no evidence of the bluescreens. Again, I, nor my sister, nor my brother, have experienced them. Not a one. This is where your theories start to come apart. If NVIDIA were involved in a vast conspiracy to lower the image quality of all users' games, why wouldn't it affect everyone? Why would it only happen to a few select users? How would they program it to happen?

No. I cannot be bothered to read a massive thread about what could very well be an issue that doesn't exist or is some massive campaign to target NVIDIA. Again, I would be happy to test this myself, but since I've never gotten a bluescreen like you described, I cannot. And unless I can test myself, or I can find an independent third party that would be willing to do so, I am not going to believe you. There is too much that doesn't add up here for me to take what you say at face value. As someone who wants to uncover the truth, surely you understand that.

If you are a mistrusting person to such an extent that you believe every single thing I show you is most propably a lie then I don't know if I can change your mind at all. No I cannot show deleted posts nor the proof for the deleted posts, I unfortunately have no access to the web administration of the nvidia forums, so all you're going to get is my word on it. If the topic truly "unfairly slandered" them, then they could've redeemed themselves by proving us that we're full of sht and none of it is real. Instead, they hid our thread and continue deleting posts.

No this is not a wild conspiracy, you can go ahead and look for yourself and see that the LOD bias is infact disfunctional, just like I've said in the OP and the countless amount of screenshots I've already posted. No I'm sorry, I can't push a 3d holographic image into your real life face to directly show you the fact that the LOD bias is disfunctional, if you truly believe I'm wrong you can go check it for yourself. I'm providing all of this information and pictures yet all you do is tell me that I'm lying without providing anything to counter my posts with.

If you truly believe 95 pages worth of people with this issue is "a select few" then I believe you have a wrong sense of numbers. Also note that what I have posted in the OP is my and the user's in the threads experience. There is no guarantee that it works in the exact same way for everyone, what we do know is that we've had these bluescreens and the lower image quality followed by it.

If you refuse to read the thread and choose not to believe all of the information I've shown you thus far, then it is entirely your decision and I'm sorry that I can't change that.

Nonsense. Just because some people rant around and others without experience follow this doesn´t make it real. There´s no evidence what so ever for this and to create this wall of text here and try to convince everybody here that what you think is true doesn´t make it legit. A link to the nVidia forum´s thread would have been enough.

All my cards are perfectly fine and I play here with real eye candy since my screens are 4K. Maybe these people should get off their 720p monitors and PS2 games and play something more modern. The game looks like a scene from1998 F1 racing sim.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Nonsense. Just because some people rant around and others without experience follow this doesn´t make it real. There´s no evidence what so ever for this and to create this wall of text here and try to convince everybody here that what you think is true doesn´t make it legit. A link to the nVidia forum´s thread would have been enough.

All my cards are perfectly fine and I play here with real eye candy since my screens are 4K. Maybe these people should get off their 720p monitors and PS2 games and play something more modern. The game looks like a scene from1998 F1 racing sim.

Thank you for not taking the time to read anything discussed in this thread so far nor the OP itself. There's a plethora of evidence in the OP and I've linked to articles and screenshots in my posts in this thread, yet all you do is come here and say "it's nonsense". To you, your graphics may look good, but we have videos and screenshots showing an objective difference between older and newer cards and the general low quality of the image itself. Please reply after you've read everything and not before.

If you are a mistrusting person to such an extent that you believe every single thing I show you is most propably a lie then I don't know if I can change your mind at all. No I cannot show deleted posts nor the proof for the deleted posts, I unfortunately have no access to the web administration of the nvidia forums, so all you're going to get is my word on it. If the topic truly "unfairly slandered" them, then they could've redeemed themselves by proving us that we're full of sht and none of it is real. Instead, they hid our thread and continue deleting posts.

No this is not a wild conspiracy, you can go ahead and look for yourself and see that the LOD bias is infact disfunctional, just like I've said in the OP and the countless amount of screenshots I've already posted. No I'm sorry, I can't push a 3d holographic image into your real life face to directly show you the fact that the LOD bias is disfunctional, if you truly believe I'm wrong you can go check it for yourself. I'm providing all of this information and pictures yet all you do is tell me that I'm lying without providing anything to counter my posts with.

If you truly believe 95 pages worth of people with this issue is "a select few" then I believe you have a wrong sense of numbers. Also note that what I have posted in the OP is my and the user's in the threads experience. There is no guarantee that it works in the exact same way for everyone, what we do know is that we've had these bluescreens and the lower image quality followed by it.

If you refuse to read the thread and choose not to believe all of the information I've shown you thus far, then it is entirely your decision and I'm sorry that I can't change that.

*sigh* Disappointing. I would be happy to believe you if I could reproduce the issues you're having, but you simply show no inclination to allow me to do so, and you seemingly have no interest in upholding the same standards of the scientific community. If you cannot create a reproducible experiment, no one should believe you. Also, 95 pages is definitely a select few. NVIDIA must have 10s of millions of customers, and what, your thread involves at most a few hundred? Not to mention that, in my experience, forum threads are generally dominated by a few people, with intermittent additions by others.

NVIDIA shouldn't have to provide evidence to the contrary, and nor should I. Like you said, some people are so set in their beliefs that nothing another says will convince them otherwise. I try my utmost to be open to new ideas, but I can't say the same for everyone. Furthermore, you're the ones making the claim, so it's your responsibility to prove them. If others aren't believing you, that means your "evidence" is insufficient. We shouldn't have to go out of our way to read a 95-page forum thread of drivel, and if you think otherwise you're really not as good at this as I thought.

Also, screenshots prove nothing. Images are remarkably easy to fake, what with the easy access to Photoshop we have these days. They provide no proof that you are actually running the settings you claim, and that can affect the LOD significantly. 

If you cannot prove that this happens to everybody, what reason do we have to believe that NVIDIA is the one at fault, or that it is even intentional? Perhaps some driver error, or some fault in hardware that occurs occasionally, is the root cause of this? To maintain my good conscience, I am unable to believe you. All I want is a way to reproduce these issues myself, and if you can provide that to me, then congratulations, you've converted another person to your side to uncover this.

And, hey, I am doing my best to provide evidence that this doesn't exist, even though it's not my responsibility. But, instead of using shady, easily manipulable images, I'm using logic to dismantle the claims you are making. And since you have been unable to prove them invalid, I have every right to believe them. Again, I want INDEPENDENT, THIRD-PARTY evidence that proves this, or some way that I can do these tests myself.

I think it's time for me to call in @LAwLz for some real scientific analysis. He's one of the smartest people on this forum, and if he is willing, he will provide irrefutable evidence for or against this. But, my guess is that this isn't even worth his time. (Sorry to drag you into this, but I'm nearing the end of my rope, and patience.)

Ooh, and while I'm at it, maybe @MageTank would be so kind as to help me with this.

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

*sigh* Disappointing. I would be happy to believe you if I could reproduce the issues you're having, but you simply show no inclination to allow me to do so, and you seemingly have no interest in upholding the same standards of the scientific community. If you cannot create a reproducible experiment, no one should believe you. Also, 95 pages is definitely a select few. NVIDIA must have 10s of million customers, and what, your thread involves at most a few hundred? Not to mention that, in my experience, forum threads are generally dominated by a few people, with intermittent additions by others.

NVIDIA shouldn't have to provide evidence to the contrary, and nor should I. Like you said, some people are so set in their beliefs that nothing another says will convince them otherwise. I try my utmost to be open to new ideas, but I can't say the same for everyone. Furthermore, you're the ones making the claim, so it's your responsibility to prove them. If others aren't believing you, that means your "evidence" is insufficient. We shouldn't have to go out of our way to read a 95-page forum thread of drivel, and if you think otherwise you're really not as good at this as I thought.

Also, screenshots prove nothing. Images are remarkably easy to fake, what with the easy access to Photoshop we have these days. They provide no proof that you are actually running the settings you claim, and that can affect the LOD significantly. 

If you cannot prove that this happens to everybody, what reason do we have to believe that NVIDIA is the one at fault, or that it is even intentional? Perhaps some driver error, or some fault in hardware that occurs occasionally, is the root cause of this? To maintain my good conscience, I am unable to believe you. All I want is a way to reproduce these issues myself, and if you can provide that to me, then congratulations, you've converted another person to your side to uncover this.

And, hey, I am doing my best to provide evidence that this doesn't exist, even though it's not my responsibility. But, instead of using shady, easily manipulable images, I'm using logic to dismantle the claims you are making. And since you have been unable to prove them invalid, I have every right to believe them. Again, I want INDEPENDENT, THIRD-PARTY evidence that proves this, or some way that I can do these tests myself.

I think it's time for me to call in @LAwLz for some real scientific analysis. He's one of the smartest people on this forum, and if he is willing, he will provide irrefutable evidence for or against this. But, my guess is that this isn't even worth his time. (Sorry to drag you into this, but I'm nearing the end of my rope, and patience.)

Ooh, and while I'm at it, maybe @MageTank would be so kind as to help me with this.

How am I not allowing you to reproduce these issues? It's entirely up to you whether you want to do it or not. In fact, it's the whole reason why I created this thread on these forums. I'm not looking to rant, I'm looking for help from people on finding out what this issue exactly is, just like I had mentioned in my OP. I am very stressed out as we have spend months on trying to figure out what it is and I too am completely at the end of the rope.

The evidence is open and out there on the 95-paged forum thread and I have already said that I will compile a chunk of important videos and post it in the OP. If you believe that all the screenshots I've posted so far are faked, then go ahead and do so. By your logic, anything can be fake. Perhaps invisible and undetectable aliens are sending wrong fotons to our eyes and the world is actually completely the opposite of what we are seeing as human beings. Who knows? There's no way to prove it.

If you believe that what I've mentioned so far is fake and it doesn't exist after all I've posted then yes, it is your responsibility to tell me why it isn't real.

How am I not allowing you to reproduce these issues? It's entirely up to you whether you want to do it or not. In fact, it's the whole reason why I created this thread on these forums. I'm not looking to rant, I'm looking for help from people on finding out what this issue exactly is, just like I had mentioned in my OP. I am very stressed out as we have spend months on trying to figure out what it is and I too am completely at the end of the rope.

The evidence is open and out there on the 95-paged forum thread and I have already said that I will compile a chunk of important videos and post it in the OP. If you believe that all the screenshots I've posted so far are faked, then go ahead and do so. By your logic, anything can be fake. Perhaps invisible and undetectable aliens are sending wrong fotons to our eyes and the world is actually completely the opposite of what we are seeing as human beings. Who knows? There's no way to prove it.

If you believe that what I've mentioned so far is fake and it doesn't exist after all I've posted then yes, it is your responsibility to tell me why it isn't real.

By that, I mean you have given no way for me to induce these issues you're having, and since it hasn't happened to me, my sister, or my brother by itself, I have no way to test these things. And, huh, I figured you created this thread in order to garner support for your cause and perhaps cause undue hatred toward NVIDIA.

Yes, anything can be fake. That might be why I continue to suggest the review of this information by an independent third party, not some random users on the internet whose motivations I am unaware of.

No, it is your responsibility. You are the person making these claims. The default position is that this doesn't exist, and you're the one trying to prove it does, so you're the one who is supposed to find proof of it.

Yes, anything can be fake. That might be why I continue to suggest the review of this information by an independent third party, not some random users on the internet whose motivations I am unaware of.

And I hope there is a renowned independent third party that can review this because I'm honestly curious as to what they have to say about this.

Thank you for not taking the time to read anything discussed in this thread so far nor the OP itself. There's a plethora of evidence in the OP and I've linked to articles and screenshots in my posts in this thread, yet all you do is come here and say "it's nonsense". To you, your graphics may look good, but we have videos and screenshots showing an objective difference between older and newer cards and the general low quality of the image itself. Please reply after you've read everything and not before.

No I think I´m not going to waste anymore time with this nonsense. Believe what you want I´ve got 5 PCs here in the house that run nVidia GPUs with 750Ti to GTX Titan X that run from CoD BOP3 to The Witcher 3 everything and there are no issues. I´ll believe my own perception more than a rant from someone that´s just posting because he/she wants me to convince to believe what he/she thinks.

So long...

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Well, here I am. What is it that you wish?! Wait, you people ain't the Z fighters. @Shakaza, did you really gather all of the dragonballs for this?

Okay, so i've read every post in this thread, and briefly skimmed the first 10 pages of that other Nvidia thread. The first 10 pages is basically condensed to 5 people making several posts per page (iiNNex, Sora, dp69, chosin, Kraudi) so that "95 pages worth of people" can be condensed down to "20 people are having problems". 

No common parallel has been drawn in this thread, or the Nvidia thread. Some people with Maxwell cards are complaining, others with Maxwell cards say they are fine. People with kepler cards (both 600 and 700 series) report no problems either. Some claim they replaced their entire system and are having the same problem. Others link to a reddit post, where they say AMD suffers from the same problem (Involving GTA 5 and each companies custom soft shadows technology). Nothing is adding up. No valid information has been submitted, nothing that we can reproduce. If you cannot give us enough information to test this ourselves, then we will not be able to aid you on your quest to solve this problem.

A good start would be to link us to specific posts within those 95 pages that offer some insight as to what we are looking for, along with a collection of different hardware configurations. As for Nvidia hiding the thread, it is readily available when i search for it. 

LMpd74T.png

I am not trying to discredit what you are saying. I simply demand more evidence or a proper way to reproduce the problem before I hop on the bandwagon. If I cannot understand it, then I simply cannot help you, you know?

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

-happy snip-

Ah, thank you. I knew you would be able to help! Would you mind me handing off the baton to you for a while? Debating always fries my nerves and I need some time to recharge.

Ah, thank you. I knew you would be able to help! Would you mind me handing off the baton to you for a while? Debating always fries my nerves and I need some time to recharge.

Not much to debate, but sure, I can sort this out. I have enough GPU generations to test this if there is something to test. GTX 550 Ti, GTX 560 Ti (Fermi's), GTX 650, GTX 760, GTX 770 (Kepler's), GTX 750 Ti, GTX 970 (Maxwell's). 

I also have enough hardware from both AMD and Intel to isolate CPU/platform issues, along with a few different brands of SSD's and HDD's. Windows from XP all the way to 10, and everything in between. If a problem exists, and information can be provided to tell me how to reproduce it, then i will try.

Not much to debate, but sure, I can sort this out. I have enough GPU generations to test this if there is something to test. GTX 550 Ti, GTX 560 Ti (Fermi's), GTX 650, GTX 760, GTX 770 (Kepler's), GTX 750 Ti, GTX 970 (Maxwell's). 

I also have enough hardware from both AMD and Intel to isolate CPU/platform issues, along with a few different brands of SSD's and HDD's. Windows from XP all the way to 10, and everything in between. If a problem exists, and information can be provided to tell me how to reproduce it, then i will try.

Basically, this whole thread I've been trying to say why I shouldn't have to believe him, and saying that I'm suspicious of foul play, as if someone is trying to slander NVIDIA. There's not a whole lot of evidence to support that, but given the way the OP of this thread has been trying to religiously convert us to his cause, it's only been reported by a select few people as you mentioned, and keeps trying to claim that his screenshots are sufficient evidence, I can't help but wonder...and good look trying to find a way to reproduce this. I've asked multiple times, and whilst the OP has claimed that there is nothing stopping me from doing so, I have never experienced this issue and neither have my brother or sister, and since he has said nothing of a way to induce it, I don't know HOW I'm supposed to test this for myself. 

Basically, this whole thread I've been trying to say why I shouldn't have to believe him, and saying that I'm suspicious of foul play, as if someone is trying to slander NVIDIA. There's not a whole lot of evidence to support that, but given the way the OP of this thread has been trying to religiously convert us to his cause, it's only been reported by a select few people as you mentioned, and keeps trying to claim that his screenshots are sufficient evidence, I can't help but wonder...and good look trying to find a way to reproduce this. I've asked multiple times, and whilst the OP has claimed that there is nothing stopping me from doing so, I have never experienced this issue and neither have my brother or sister, and since he has said nothing of a way to induce it, I don't know HOW I'm supposed to test this for myself. 

My problem was, those first 10 pages of that Nvidia thread, nobody was talking about the same thing. Some mentioned AA, some mentioned AO, some mentioned different shadow technologies, some mentioned fixing it by using VSync, etc. It was far too chaotic to find any information worth reading. I saw a pattern within the first 10 pages that did not please me, so i did not continue reading afterwards. If i can be pointed towards a specific post in that thread, that had a grasp on what everyone in that thread was talking about, i would be thankful.

So far, that thread just seems to be a conglomerate of "Nvidia Problems", none of which seem to be directly related to one another. That, and the thread is very old (May 10th, 2015, almost 7 months old). One would think if a problem such as the one being reported in this very thread was so significant, we would have seen something about it. After all, we just saw a "bendgate" issue even though the starter of that fiasco used an electric screwdriver and over-torqued his CPU cooler. Clearly an issue this huge would be out and about on review sites by now, even with Nvidia trying to "hide it".

Thank you for your response. I'm going to try to organize what issues we've been having and how one could reproduce them:

So our claim is basically that image quality has been lowered with each generation of gpus, as visible in the screenshots above where a gtx 285 is compared to the gtx 770. I've personally noticed this as I've owned gtx 560 and a r9 270x. Both of them had fine image quality and I never had anything to complain about. Trouble started when I upgraded to a gtx 960. As I've mentioned before, the image quality was great for about 2 weeks. After 2 weeks I've had the series of blue screens I've described and then suddenly image quality dropped. There is no way to reproduce this other than buying a brand new nvidia gpu and comparing image quality in a span of 2-3 weeks and then noting the differences. After the two weeks had passed, I noticed a great increase in pop ins, in the overall "graininess" and ugly sharpness of my games, and more aliasing. I bought a 750 ti to see if this would happen again, and it did. Beautiful image quality at first, horrible after 2 weeks. I currently play skyrim on 1080p resolution and not even 8xSGSSAA get rids of the jaggies I see despite killing my framerate, while 8xSGSSAA is supposed to be a perfect image. When I had my r9 270x, I could turn on 4x supersampling and everything would like beautifully smooth already.

This issue affects the overall image quality, which includes but not only:

- shadow quality

- aliasing

- pop-ins

- sharpness of games

We've tried buying new systems but it all kept happening. Though, there is only one thing none of us have tried yet, and that is building a new system with an older graphics card, such as a gtx 280 or another fermi card in combination with older drivers. If there's anyway you could compare image quality of an older card with a newer, say maxwell card, and note the differences in image quality that'd be very helpful to come to conclusions.

It is true that it is chaotic. The very annoying thing about this issue is in the end that it can be affected by your own sight. What one could consider bad looking could be considered perfect looking by another. I wish I had taken a lot of screenshots and videos during the period that my 750 ti was working great to compare it with my current image quality. This issue is very real and I guess I did fail in some way to provide solid proof.

This issue is driving me insane and at this point I just feel a combination of sadness and anger. It's not fun not to be able to enjoy my favourite games anymore due to them looking like a jagged mess.

Before your bias carries further, AMD released drivers which significantly sped up the HD 5K series in BFBC2 at a huge cost in IQ where distant pop in was insane. And comparatively Fermi delivered a full solid image including superior AA thanks to 32 sample CSAA at a really small cost in performance.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Thank you for your response. I'm going to try to organize what issues we've been having and how one could reproduce them:

So our claim is basically that image quality has been lowered with each generation of gpus, as visible in the screenshots above where a gtx 285 is compared to the gtx 770. I've personally noticed this as I've owned gtx 560 and a r9 270x. Both of them had fine image quality and I never had anything to complain about. Trouble started when I upgraded to a gtx 960. As I've mentioned before, the image quality was great for about 2 weeks. After 2 weeks I've had the series of blue screens I've described and then suddenly image quality dropped. There is no way to reproduce this other than buying a brand new nvidia gpu and comparing image quality in a span of 2-3 weeks and then noting the differences. After the two weeks had passed, I noticed a great increase in pop ins, in the overall "graininess" and ugly sharpness of my games, and more aliasing. I bought a 750 ti to see if this would happen again, and it did. Beautiful image quality at first, horrible after 2 weeks. I currently play skyrim on 1080p resolution and not even 8xSGSSAA get rids of the jaggies I see despite killing my framerate, while 8xSGSSAA is supposed to be a perfect image. When I had my r9 270x, I could turn on 4x supersampling and everything would like beautifully smooth already.

This issue affects the overall image quality, which includes but not only:

- shadow quality

- aliasing

- pop-ins

- sharpness of games

We've tried buying new systems but it all kept happening. Though, there is only one thing none of us have tried yet, and that is building a new system with an older graphics card, such as a gtx 280 or another fermi card in combination with older drivers. If there's anyway you could compare image quality of an older card with a newer, say maxwell card, and note the differences in image quality that'd be very helpful to come to conclusions.

It is true that it is chaotic. The very annoying thing about this issue is in the end that it can be affected by your own sight. What one could consider bad looking could be considered perfect looking by another. I wish I had taken a lot of screenshots and videos during the period that my 750 ti was working great to compare it with my current image quality. This issue is very real and I guess I did fail in some way to provide solid proof.

This issue is driving me insane and at this point I just feel a combination of sadness and anger. It's not fun not to be able to enjoy my favourite games anymore due to them looking like a jagged mess.

I will start testing this. I have an 9800gt i can add to that list too. This might take some time though, if what you say is true about it taking weeks to set in. I do have another question/request to make of you in the mean time. When you installed your new GPU, did you run DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) before installing the new card? If not, are you willing to try it and test the results for me?

Another question is: Have you noticed the problems when testing Windowed, Full Screen, and Full Screen Exclusive modes? Last but not least, have you tried OGSSAA (Downsampling) and see if that has made any difference in the quality of the image? I mean legit OGSSAA, not the DSR included within Nvidia's control panel. 

If you can give me your results from those questions i have asked, it will greatly help in my test, as i always completely scrub drivers before upgrading cards, even if they are from the same vendor.

I find this to be placebo spouted from someone who made it an issue inside their mind, then others followed like sheep.

Never had a BSOD as the OP suggests with either vendor.

No proof shown to any other games other than a Nintendo 64 era racing game with very tiny differences that most would never give a flying toss about.

Drivers also change a lot of things with GPU's and new architectures and more advanced features bring their own small anomalies when playing such old retired games. 3DFX vs a Radeon R9 Fury? In the games made for 3DFX Radeon will get pasted visually.

Aliens did it imo!

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?