Low image quality on newer GPUs

Demiqas

Issues with older games has to do with legacy support.  For example, Star Wars Republic Commando features a custom bump mapping solution.  I know with AMD cards the support for the libraries this feature depended on was removed, so this feature crashes the game now.  If I'm not mistaken it's also worse quality on current Nvidia cards than it was at release too.

In a lot of cases, Nvidia control panel (or AMD for that matter) simply don't have an effect on games either.  It's not malicious, it's just that those implementations are old and outdated and don't work with newer games anyway.  This is true of AA, LOD bias and basically any feature within those control panels.  Newer game engines tend to support all this stuff internally so often you don't want the driver trying to override those settings.

The idea of cards crashing and having degrading visual quality is absurd.  If that were true, we should easily be able to compare any AMD cards (which are supposedly unaffected) with 3-5 year old Nvidia cards and we should be able to see differences in visual quality on the same settings.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

guys its rly seems like all our problems are cause by settings somehow belive me. it has nothing to do with hardware or Inet.

If i change some settings the game works perfect like for a few seconds and then it turns bad again .

I talked with techteam where i bought my components. They want me to send back everything execpt the Monitor so they can test it and try to reproduce the problems what shouldnt be the problem. So they can try fix it by changing the hardware and test stuff. I think i will do it its pretty much my last hope to get rid of it.

4 hours ago, SpeedUp10 said:

I talked with techteam where i bought my components. They want me to send back everything execpt the Monitor so they can test it and try to reproduce the problems what shouldnt be the problem. So they can try fix it by changing the hardware and test stuff. I think i will do it its pretty much my last hope to get rid of it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they won't notice it. People are seriously blind sometimes, even with obvious cases.

4 hours ago, SpeedUp10 said:

be there with them.. while they are looking at the games.. point the problems and they should know if it a problem of hardware or not.. anyway i tried cleaning my cpu and it doesnt do anything.. bro reply back if thats done.. if that problem doesnt show on them.. maybe this is a monitor a power problem.. or something more 

6 minutes ago, n0body said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they won't notice it. People are seriously blind sometimes, even with obvious cases.

I know most of peolpe dont even know how a game should actually run, people always say thats normal or game engine related or other shit and if u say it wasnt like that before they dont belive. Not a single pro gamer would actually play on my pc although i have a better pc then the most of pro players. But just 1 thing keep me belive thats not the hardware its self what is wrong because the new game overwatch just works 100% perfect thats why it 100% cant be voltage related or virus . Overwatch is looking beatiful idk whats different in in this engine...

1 minute ago, SpeedUp10 said:

I know most of peolpe dont even know how a game should actually run, people always say thats normal or game engine related or other shit and if u say it wasnt like that before they dont belive. Not a single pro gamer would actually play on my pc although i have a better pc then the most of pro players. But just 1 thing keep me belive thats not the hardware its self what is wrong because the new game overwatch just works 100% perfect thats why it 100% cant be voltage related or virus . Overwatch is looking beatiful idk whats different in in this engine...

If this is a virus, this is some kind of a hardware virus... cpu in my case I guess. I tried two HDDs, RAMs and GPUs. Not sure only about mobo, and psu. It could be CPU.

2 minutes ago, n0body said:

If this is a virus, this is some kind of a hardware virus... cpu in my case I guess. I tried two HDDs, RAMs and GPUs. Not sure only about mobo, and psu. It could be CPU.

I changed my mobo/gpu/psu and cpu but not at same time just one by one as time remained. So it must smthelse or every component i plugged in got infected as i started the pc.

Guys forget Virus or other shit thats nonsense. People got this problem after they changed smth like new graphiccard or windows reinstall i saw a few got it after they installed just a normal game . For me i belive it happened after i installed The Division or after Windows reinstall one of those 100%

Someone  tried changing HPET and TSC settings for better results?

I recorded another Video everything is on ultra and its looks like a playsi 2 game.

Remember its on YT so its not showing everything i see if im playing.