Low image quality on newer GPUs

Demiqas

Wouldn't that slightly blur the whole image though?  This issue seems to be an otherwise identical screen/image (as in just as sharp) but with messed up edges & thin lines (fences, powerlines, aliasing, etc.)

It might very well be blurred. It will just be more noticeable when there are greater differences between the pixels that are being sampled i.e at edges.

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

It might very well be blurred. It will just be more noticeable when there are greater differences between the pixels that are being sampled i.e at edges.

I don't think it is though.  Check out the post I made on page 2.  It compares two images posted just before me

I've attached an image made in photoshop by overlaying those using "difference".  Anything not black means there was a difference between the two images in that pixel.

Pay particular attention to the red zone with white text (vertical centre, right side).  If this was the case, I would have expected some areas to light up since there is detail in that spot, but it's as black as the sky (which also interestingly enough is identical).  This seems to prove (to me at least) that it's definitely an issue with objects and not the entire screen output as a whole.

Thoughts?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Hello all, I'm also from the nvidia hidden forum about this issue. I have taken a couple videos and all my info is in my post so im just going to transfer most of it over here. I have no predefined notions as to what is causing this issue. But, what i can say is it is indeed a game breaking problem . Very noticeable and not subtle at all for me. That beings, said, I am completely open to different solutions and such. Since I don't delude myself into thinking that I am extremely knowledgeable about it. All i want is a fix, or solution. Thanks. here go's.

"" Hello everyone... Just finally found this thread recently. Wanted to say that I'm having the exact same issues. Ever since I did a rebuild of my pc changing the graphics card, psu, mobo,ram, and gpu after water damage to my pc... I got the issue from about the second day of running my newly built system . And since then I have replaced all the rest of my components even the case and it's all brand new stuff. The problem persists... Instead of rewriting everything here I'm just going to post my question thread from time hardware I recently did and put in the same youtube vid of the problem. ... Can't seem to find the vid link atm actually but I will update with it tomm. However as you will see it's exactly as I explain here and matched perfectly what everyone else is showing here on the thread 

Basically, this might be a bit long but I'd rather be detailed and get more helpful advice since i need it badly... so here go's. My pc was water damaged a couple months ago. I took it to a repair shop, the said corrosion killed the gpu mobo, psu, and ram sticks. They replaced all components. I got it back " fixed" but in reality . its been nothing but issues since that point. As i said in the title, atm my issue is in games and benchmarks. I have frame skipping, and micro stuttering, and weird rendering issues with the textures. examples are the far out landscapes and buildings flashing lighting, blurry textures, "dancing" shadows and ragged edged shadows flickering on surfaces. AS well as strange " waves" Its strangely much more prominent with anything in motion then still things. like trees, or when my character/camera moves in game or benchmarks like heaven or valley with grass and the floor and such. When they replaced the stuff they did not bother to clone or re-install windows it just happened to work going from a gigabyte z87 to the asus z 97 ar they put into the new build. So, i replaced the hdd, and while i was at it i echanged the evga ssc 970 for a evga sc with acx 2.0. Just in case it was the gpu itself... i freshly installed windows on the ssd , an samsung 850 evo i bought with on sale for black friday today actually with the price difference of the gpu. .. so everything is updated and freshly installed . Windows itself is running better on the ssd and snappier with new install . But the problem with the games and rendering and such is exactly the same with the new card i got. I have also reverted to old nvidia drivers, then used ddu to completely uninstall them and use old ones, I have monitored the temps for the cpu and cpu usage in bechmarks, as well as the gpu temps and usage . Everything LOOKS normal at least. However, i noticed when running games or bechmarks that the pc is heating up quite a bit and expelling a lot of hot air . More so then usual. I went into bios and checked the new psu's voltages, everything looked completely fine. The only thing i noticed was the ram voltage was variating quite quickly. But im not sure if that's normal or not. My system specs at the current moment are as follows; 

new gtx 970 sc acx 2.0 cooling
i5 4690k clocked at 3.4 ghz 
new ram is 8 gb Ballistix ram kit DDR3 - 1600 4x2
new mobo is asus 97 ar
new psu is cx 750 m 
new ssd is Samsung 850 evo 
the disk drive that was in the case previously. Im not sure the exact model but its an LG read write bluedisk 
just two standard case fans one pulling in from the bottom and one pushing out from the top back of case. 
montior is an asus black VG248QE 144hz 1 ms (gtg)
corsair gaming mouse and just a logitech k120 keyboard

oh, and i also updated the bios form the asus website bios today as well with no different results. 

Besides that, the only other issue i can think of is noise... low to high pitched squealing noises coming from the pc. when running intensive games or bechmarks, and a hissing noise when i close them for a few seconds. It also did the same when i used windows experience test, starting low pitched and getting to higher and higher in each consecutive test ... I'm kinda in over my head at this point , not sure where to go from here. The only other thing i can think of to do is going to microcenter tomm. Since the psu and ram is still under the 30 day exchange warrenty timeframe and getting replacements of the same. But, as far as the mobo is concenered thats over my head as far as replacing it . ... and that about sums up my issues . Apologize how large the post is and the reading involved. Just wanted to be as thorough as possible in order to increase my chances of getting any helpful advice. and thanks in advanced for any replies. 
edit; The disk reader does seem to be acting up ... spinning up and failing to spin up and stopping and stuff. Not sure if that's relevant or if that could affect my issue. Vid lot issue -

If anyone has had similar issues or even a guess as to what it could be I would appreciate it 

More about : game stuttering waves texture rendering frame skipping freezing issues gpu gtx 970
Reply to Donteis1 ''

So that was on Black Friday. Since then I have replaced the gpu ' again' after speaking with a tech at mricocenter that has no idea what the issue is about the same as me lol... Anyway, I went ahead and replaced the i5 cpu with an i7 4790 k , did not want to upgrade to the new chipset... Exchanged the second evga gtx 970 plain SC edition for a 980 gigabyte g1 gaming card. ... Still doing the same thing. I was planning on taking in tommorow and exchanging the psu because I'm aware it's quality is not so amazing the one they of in.... And the mobo and ram they out in ... But after reading this thread. I'm considering just exchanging literally everything before my 30 day period is up and building a completely new system .... One last thing. The whining noise is just really had coil whine I take it... But I believe that's probably from the low quality psu. Most likely . I don't believe it will fix the issue because voltages all seem within allowances at least... At least in bios and using software.

""

so that is what i had posted on toms hardware and the nvidia site, since then . I have troubleshooted as much as i could finally getting fed up and returning all my new parts for exchanged at the microcenter near where i live since it was all new.... now, my new "new" rig consists of the following 

GTX 980 EVGA SC

Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 4x2 kit ram

ASUS Z97A mobo

i7 4790k cpu

samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD

everything is new with another new install of windows 7 64 bit btw... new since yesterday literally when i built it. same exact issue. 

and i went from the corsair cx m 750 to a supernova 750 watt psu

here are the two vids i managed to upload... more on the way hopefully. of actual different games but i tell you now its the same across everything ive played so far. Vsynch does make a difference in csgo. But its still noticable and double buffering. triple buffering is nearly perfect with the occasion glimmer or shadow issue but... the input lag is unplayable for me in cs at a high ranked lvl. games like the whitcher 3... or ark for that matter forget about it. every tree is glimmering, grass is messed up etc.  In a map with little to know movement from trees and that is relatively dark... like tunnels in dust 2. everything is perfect with no issues basically btw. 

one final note, vsynch is infact off in these heaven vids. I have tried turning it on and while the suttering frames is mostly alleviated accept for maybe one or two every minute or so. the floor and lighting buildings and shadows etc do the same thing. I have tried on other monitors... using hdmi as well. its less noticable on 60 hz. on 144 with my asus vq its really bad at 1080 p. Using 4k dsr in cs go is pretty decent. but the issue is still there with gimmering windows and railings and the occasional flash of light across sides of screen. As i said triple buffered vsynch works in cs almost perfectly but the input lag is terrible for comp play... and its the only game so far that it has been that effective. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysc8v4Yij4U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z97V4kG7XfM

it may very well be nothing to do with the gpu... in fact im more inclined to think it may not be it directly and some kind of compatibility issue. I mean after all, i have used a 970 ssc evga, a 970 sc evga, and 780 ti testbench gpu the guy at the shop let me try in it.... an gigabyte g1 980 and finally this evga sc

980  ..... the only other thing i wanted to add was that my old build with my hd 7950 and i5 4690 k, 2 tb hdd, and z87 ,mobo never had this issue.

also, my post for the vids and explanation was indeed moderated on the original forum and taken off. maybe a simple issue with how i posted idk. But, i noticed multiple others facing the same .

Please fix the formatting.  Edit your post by selecting all of the text and hitting the little eraser icon in the top left to set it to stock formatting.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Better i hope, and i apologize. 

Yes, thank you

And no worries, a lot of people do that from time to time.  It's just better if it gets corrected :)

Hello all, I'm also from the nvidia hidden forum about this issue. I have taken a couple videos and all my info is in my post so im just going to transfer most of it over here. I have no predefined notions as to what is causing this issue. But, what i can say is it is indeed a game breaking problem . Very noticeable and not subtle at all for me. That beings, said, I am completely open to different solutions and such. Since I don't delude myself into thinking that I am extremely knowledgeable about it. All i want is a fix, or solution. Thanks. here go's.

"" Hello everyone... Just finally found this thread recently. Wanted to say that I'm having the exact same issues. Ever since I did a rebuild of my pc changing the graphics card, psu, mobo,ram, and gpu after water damage to my pc... I got the issue from about the second day of running my newly built system . And since then I have replaced all the rest of my components even the case and it's all brand new stuff. The problem persists... Instead of rewriting everything here I'm just going to post my question thread from time hardware I recently did and put in the same youtube vid of the problem. ... Can't seem to find the vid link atm actually but I will update with it tomm. However as you will see it's exactly as I explain here and matched perfectly what everyone else is showing here on the thread 

Basically, this might be a bit long but I'd rather be detailed and get more helpful advice since i need it badly... so here go's. My pc was water damaged a couple months ago. I took it to a repair shop, the said corrosion killed the gpu mobo, psu, and ram sticks. They replaced all components. I got it back " fixed" but in reality . its been nothing but issues since that point. As i said in the title, atm my issue is in games and benchmarks. I have frame skipping, and micro stuttering, and weird rendering issues with the textures. examples are the far out landscapes and buildings flashing lighting, blurry textures, "dancing" shadows and ragged edged shadows flickering on surfaces. AS well as strange " waves" Its strangely much more prominent with anything in motion then still things. like trees, or when my character/camera moves in game or benchmarks like heaven or valley with grass and the floor and such. When they replaced the stuff they did not bother to clone or re-install windows it just happened to work going from a gigabyte z87 to the asus z 97 ar they put into the new build. So, i replaced the hdd, and while i was at it i echanged the evga ssc 970 for a evga sc with acx 2.0. Just in case it was the gpu itself... i freshly installed windows on the ssd , an samsung 850 evo i bought with on sale for black friday today actually with the price difference of the gpu. .. so everything is updated and freshly installed . Windows itself is running better on the ssd and snappier with new install . But the problem with the games and rendering and such is exactly the same with the new card i got. I have also reverted to old nvidia drivers, then used ddu to completely uninstall them and use old ones, I have monitored the temps for the cpu and cpu usage in bechmarks, as well as the gpu temps and usage . Everything LOOKS normal at least. However, i noticed when running games or bechmarks that the pc is heating up quite a bit and expelling a lot of hot air . More so then usual. I went into bios and checked the new psu's voltages, everything looked completely fine. The only thing i noticed was the ram voltage was variating quite quickly. But im not sure if that's normal or not. My system specs at the current moment are as follows; 

new gtx 970 sc acx 2.0 cooling

i5 4690k clocked at 3.4 ghz 

new ram is 8 gb Ballistix ram kit DDR3 - 1600 4x2

new mobo is asus 97 ar

new psu is cx 750 m 

new ssd is Samsung 850 evo 

the disk drive that was in the case previously. Im not sure the exact model but its an LG read write bluedisk 

just two standard case fans one pulling in from the bottom and one pushing out from the top back of case. 

montior is an asus black VG248QE 144hz 1 ms (gtg)

corsair gaming mouse and just a logitech k120 keyboard

oh, and i also updated the bios form the asus website bios today as well with no different results. 

Besides that, the only other issue i can think of is noise... low to high pitched squealing noises coming from the pc. when running intensive games or bechmarks, and a hissing noise when i close them for a few seconds. It also did the same when i used windows experience test, starting low pitched and getting to higher and higher in each consecutive test ... I'm kinda in over my head at this point , not sure where to go from here. The only other thing i can think of to do is going to microcenter tomm. Since the psu and ram is still under the 30 day exchange warrenty timeframe and getting replacements of the same. But, as far as the mobo is concenered thats over my head as far as replacing it . ... and that about sums up my issues . Apologize how large the post is and the reading involved. Just wanted to be as thorough as possible in order to increase my chances of getting any helpful advice. and thanks in advanced for any replies. 

edit; The disk reader does seem to be acting up ... spinning up and failing to spin up and stopping and stuff. Not sure if that's relevant or if that could affect my issue. Vid lot issue -

If anyone has had similar issues or even a guess as to what it could be I would appreciate it 

More about : game stuttering waves texture rendering frame skipping freezing issues gpu gtx 970

Reply to Donteis1 ''

So that was on Black Friday. Since then I have replaced the gpu ' again' after speaking with a tech at mricocenter that has no idea what the issue is about the same as me lol... Anyway, I went ahead and replaced the i5 cpu with an i7 4790 k , did not want to upgrade to the new chipset... Exchanged the second evga gtx 970 plain SC edition for a 980 gigabyte g1 gaming card. ... Still doing the same thing. I was planning on taking in tommorow and exchanging the psu because I'm aware it's quality is not so amazing the one they of in.... And the mobo and ram they out in ... But after reading this thread. I'm considering just exchanging literally everything before my 30 day period is up and building a completely new system .... One last thing. The whining noise is just really had coil whine I take it... But I believe that's probably from the low quality psu. Most likely . I don't believe it will fix the issue because voltages all seem within allowances at least... At least in bios and using software.

""

so that is what i had posted on toms hardware and the nvidia site, since then . I have troubleshooted as much as i could finally getting fed up and returning all my new parts for exchanged at the microcenter near where i live since it was all new.... now, my new "new" rig consists of the following 

GTX 980 EVGA SC

Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 4x2 kit ram

ASUS Z97A mobo

i7 4790k cpu

samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD

everything is new with another new install of windows 7 64 bit btw... new since yesterday literally when i built it. same exact issue. 

and i went from the corsair cx m 750 to a supernova 750 watt psu

here are the two vids i managed to upload... more on the way hopefully. of actual different games but i tell you now its the same across everything ive played so far. Vsynch does make a difference in csgo. But its still noticable and double buffering. triple buffering is nearly perfect with the occasion glimmer or shadow issue but... the input lag is unplayable for me in cs at a high ranked lvl. games like the whitcher 3... or ark for that matter forget about it. every tree is glimmering, grass is messed up etc.  In a map with little to know movement from trees and that is relatively dark... like tunnels in dust 2. everything is perfect with no issues basically btw. 

one final note, vsynch is infact off in these heaven vids. I have tried turning it on and while the suttering frames is mostly alleviated accept for maybe one or two every minute or so. the floor and lighting buildings and shadows etc do the same thing. I have tried on other monitors... using hdmi as well. its less noticable on 60 hz. on 144 with my asus vq its really bad at 1080 p. Using 4k dsr in cs go is pretty decent. but the issue is still there with gimmering windows and railings and the occasional flash of light across sides of screen. As i said triple buffered vsynch works in cs almost perfectly but the input lag is terrible for comp play... and its the only game so far that it has been that effective. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysc8v4Yij4U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z97V4kG7XfM

it may very well be nothing to do with the gpu... in fact im more inclined to think it may not be it directly and some kind of compatibility issue. I mean after all, i have used a 970 ssc evga, a 970 sc evga, and 780 ti testbench gpu the guy at the shop let me try in it.... an gigabyte g1 980 and finally this evga sc

980  ..... the only other thing i wanted to add was that my old build with my hd 7950 and i5 4690 k, 2 tb hdd, and z87 ,mobo never had this issue.

also, my post for the vids and explanation was indeed moderated on the original forum and taken off. maybe a simple issue with how i posted idk. But, i noticed multiple others facing the same .

Nothing is perfect in this world, and that includes computer graphics and video games. Some of the issues you're descibing are aliasing and temporal aliasing. There are various AA techniques to combat the problems of aliasing. Combat, not defeat. Other things like flickering shadows are either game/game engine related issues or driver related issues. It's not your PC. Since drivers can cause such issues, it might be possible that there are differences between AMD and Nvidia, but these problems do occur often and are considered normal, and I think most people don't even notice them.

It's just the reality of 3d graphics in games. 

https://youtu.be/3kGHHMc5dqE?t=1m34s

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

No one is complaining about the normal imperfection of graphics. The problem in our case is that everything often looks like utter garbage AND the fact that it USED to look good, and then everything went to the shtter for some reason. I know that when I had my r7 260x turning on 4x supersampling eliminated nearly all transparant aliasing and there was no temporal aliasing in the first place. Now with my gtx 750ti not even the most heavy amount of AA coupled with downsampling can get rid of it.

In most games the fx used differ between vendors. The end result is that they often look a little different, nvidia and and do not produce identical pictures at the same settings for a really wide range of reasons in the drivers and hardware. But the optimisation of the smoke fx may well be causing the difference.

It might be worth trying a pretty star wars game ready driver, that will tell you if its nvidia and its drivers or in the game.

So, have you seen the videos i posted ? you really call that normal .  Maybe i was just spoiled by my hd 7950. now i have a 2 year replacement plan with micro-center i shelled out like 40 $ for....so i can get the original price back... i was planning on exchanging when the new cards come out but. Maybe ill just go for the fury x and see if it solves my issue.  Like i said in my post i have updated bios on mobo and done a fresh install of windows , also used ddu to completely clean old drivers and tried older version nvidia ones as well so. If you have any suggestions for troubleshooting my particular case then i would appreciate it. Otherwise i guess ill be trying the fury x next

So, have you seen the videos i posted ? you really call that normal .  Maybe i was just spoiled by my hd 7950. now i have a 2 year replacement plan with micro-center i shelled out like 40 $ for....so i can get the original price back... i was planning on exchanging when the new cards come out but. Maybe ill just go for the fury x and see if it solves my issue.  Like i said in my post i have updated bios on mobo and done a fresh install of windows , also used ddu to completely clean old drivers and tried older version nvidia ones as well so. If you have any suggestions for troubleshooting my particular case then i would appreciate it. Otherwise i guess ill be trying the fury x next

What exactly do you think is wrong in that video? I didn't notice anything unusual. 

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

BF3 had flickering issues on my Radeon 7770...

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

huh, well im not going mad believe it or not. so if you couldn't see it that is weird... try using a montior and putting it on 1080 p

the first link is just my system at idle the second vid has the test in it 

oh... i posted the second one on top lol. 

. But yeah, its not that noticeable on a phone.  1080 p... 60 hz should show it. i believe

huh, well im not going mad believe it or not. so if you couldn't see it that is weird... try using a montior and putting it on 1080 p

Can you explain what's wrong in the video?

the floor tiles flicker and are static like,  all the buildings lighting is going crazy... shadows dance around. without anything moving to cause it. There is some stutering and, some kind of distortion in the middle upper of the screen. always there. For instance you can see it if you look at the railings on the blimp. Also, textures  glimmer on certain stationary objects.  its much more apparent if you watch on 1080 p with the screen full size like it is when i actually did the test.  the distortion area in the upper middle is apparent across all games no matter what. Any grass on trees in games have a  "static" about them and our out of focus and glimmers, objects like the rocks in ark are just completely glimmery and out of focus . The funny is with a stationary camera and non moving objects its almost completely fine.

the floor tiles flicker and are static like,  all the buildings lighting is going crazy... shadows dance around. without anything moving to cause it. There is some stutering and, some kind of distortion in the middle upper of the screen. always there. For instance you can see it if you look at the railings on the blimp. Also, textures  glimmer on certain stationary objects.  its much more apparent if you watch on 1080 p with the screen full size like it is when i actually did the test.  the distortion area in the upper middle is apparent across all games no matter what. Any grass on trees in games have a  "static" about them and our out of focus and glimmers, objects like the rocks in ark are just completely glimmery and out of focus . The funny is with a stationary camera and non moving objects its almost completely fine.

I do see exactly what you are talking about in the video. However, i have had my GTX 770 for over a year now, and i can run the same benchmark and not have the problem. I am going to test this on a reference GTX 970 and see if it has the same issues. Quick question. Is your card overclocked? 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Of course, i am using just the factory settings on the Evga 980 SC atm, however. I have tried underclocking as well as messing with the power limits and such with no change... and as i said before in my previous post. I have used an Evga gtx 970 ssc originialy, went to a Evga 970 plain sc editon, tried a testbench reference 780 ti, as well as the current card i have . Everything is doing the same thing. 

have also updated my mobo's bios... and rebuilt my system. twice with brand new parts. Switched from my old hdd to an 850 evo ssd, used DDU to uninstall drivers and tried older ones, disabled my sound drivers and tried that, as well as the fact that i have done a fresh install 3 times of my windows 7 64 bit pro

Of course, i am using just the factory settings on the Evga 980 SC atm, however. I have tried underclocking as well as messing with the power limits and such with no change... and as i said before in my previous post. I have used an Evga gtx 970 ssc originialy, went to a Evga 970 plain sc editon, tried a testbench reference 780 ti, as well as the current card i have . Everything is doing the same thing. 

Okay, i just ran the test on my GTX 770, GTX 970, even my 560 Ti. All of them have the exact same problem as what you posted in that video. HOWEVER, i dug a little deeper, and started looking up Radeon cards with heaven benchmark. Low and behold: the same problems exist for the red team too.

Pay attention to the rock floor at the beginning. Even the shadows on the giant rock formation on the right are going nuts. 

This video has Crossfire 7970s. Flicker still exists. At this point, I need something more concrete than what appears to be broken software. Perhaps a well known game title that everyone can test?

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Ok I think you're describing temporal aliasing. Take a look at this: https://youtu.be/MyE84ydeYRY?t=23s

I'm not sure what you mean by shadow dancing, but shadows are moving in the Heaven Benchmark cause the light source (the sun) is moving as well, as the scene progresses.

As for stuttering, use MSI Afterburner to monitor Frametime and post a SS. You can enable it settings > monitoring.

Ok, thanks for taking the time to look at my vids again and im glad you at least have seen the issue for yourself. At least i know im not going crazy . haha. Ok, I am not to experienced with this type of thing but I can try my best to give you anymore info you need. ...  And i assure its not just the heaven benchmark. I have a pretty slow upload speed you see. But i will take the time to upload a vid from cs go. Which is the only thing i took the time to install besides heaven with my latest system rebuild. ugh. But the issue presented itself in the witcher  3  and ark survival evolved as well, also in the "Evolve" game, and arma 3. ... oh yes, and the valley benchmark is much the same.  .... The internet at the shop my family owns and operates  is a different story.  So i can just bring my pc to the shop and download everything and upload everything tomorrow fairly easily. and i will try to get the  the afterburner frame-time as well. 

I have a brand new R9 390, I'm downloading Unigine Heaven right now to see if I have the same problem. Gonna upload a youtube video later