Low image quality on newer GPUs

Demiqas

I have returned r9 280 oc 3gb windforce and got it back becouse they saw no issue.So on warranty there is no chace i think.

Well i can bypass the normal RMA with Gigabyte , i will go for return to the shop (online famous shop) that give me 2 years warranty and 2 months for instant refund (btw i don't want a refund , just a new same card) , that's why i'm asking for someone if what i call issue , is normal , or worst than normal, or a totally mess. 

I can request a return even tonight and they will ship to me another new card, but i don't want to return a fully functional card based only on my opinion , that's why imho forums exists.

The 50% of this topic i only see people yelling at each other 'THERE'S A MEGA PROBLEM AND YOU KNOW A FxxK' or 'THERE'S NO PROBLEM AT ALL AND YOU KNOW A FxxK'

I've posted and i will post (if needed) other videos , and i hope people like SkilledRebuilds will answer to me in that chaos :)

Well i can bypass the normal RMA with Gigabyte , i will go for return to the shop (online famous shop) that give me 2 years warranty and 2 months for instant refund (btw i don't want a refund , just a new same card) , that's why i'm asking for someone if what i call issue , is normal , or worst than normal, or a totally mess. 

I can request a return even tonight and they will ship to me another new card, but i don't want to return a fully functional card based only on my opinion , that's why imho forums exists.

The 50% of this topic i only see people yelling at each other 'THERE'S A MEGA PROBLEM AND YOU KNOW A FxxK' or 'THERE'S NO PROBLEM AT ALL AND YOU KNOW A FxxK'

I've posted and i will post (if needed) other videos , and i hope people like SkilledRebuilds will answer to me in that chaos :)

As i know its only visible if someone got the same problem or if you capture the monitor with a video camera.

You would need to capture it with a high quality camera filming your monitor. I dont have one, maybe someone got one and can do this.

If the effect is as bad as is claimed, Shadowplay should capture it easily.  

here is the file from the Internet and my file.tell me if there is any difference.put antialiasing txaa

First image is nice and sharp and clean. Second image shows lots of aliasing/jaggies everywhere.

Hello everyone ! 
First of all i want to say that i partially agree with what user like Mec and MageTank said some post ago , i think some of the anomalies (i'm here because of these 'issue' too) we see in various games are really 'Normal' and Engine dependant , and there's no fix at all than forcing/injecting some AA (through NVCP or NvidiaInspector or SweetFX/Reshade , and there's one of my problem , except sweetfx , nvcp and nvidiainspector seems to not work anymore) and we see these issue because of high expectations of buying an 'high end' card like the GTX 970 or the GTX 980 , R9 390 etc and we all (well not all but most of the pc gamers) have a 1080p monitor right now , BUT , at the same time i agree with some people that are saying there is a real downgrade in image quality or something like a downgrade with the api (only the direct-x) . 

Oh and btw , i also think that the 'Magnetic Viruses' or 'Bad Electricity' is a bullshit .
And regard the fact that for some user happens even on the Tv well i think it's a placebo effect , Tv shows a pre rendered programs not a real time render , so the 'lines' you see it's eventually the video not so 'full hd' as they say (in my country the sat tv don't even go up 1080i and many show are 720p upscaled to 1080i , quality loss or pixel effect happens when you do that), as for the console , well , they don't have AA for the most so it's not really a scandal to see jagged lines everywhere. (especially on the old console , when i was playing Gears of War 3 , on a 720p TV LCD 37" was amazing , when i've buyed a new 1080p Led Tv 40" was a shit of jagged lines and pixel)

The Story so far.

I've buyed a GTX 970 in October 2015 (Gigabyte G1 Gaming with ELPIDA memory not Hynix so sad about that) , the rest of my rig is an I5 - 3570 no K cpu (stock Cooler) on an Asrock Z77 Pro4 , 8 Gb (4x2) DDR3 Kingston Savage 1600mhz Cl9 , Ssd Samsung Evo850 120gb , hdd western digital caviar blue 1tb all powered by a Corsair CS750M psu, the monitor is a 1080p@60Hz AOC 2460Sh 1ms.

Played with that 'little' beast on Assassin's Creed Syndicate (they give me the free key with the gpu) with no problem at all for a month.
Then suddendly when i was playing one day in November , AC have started to make some artifact , like flashing grey triangles in various position of my monitor , even on the pause screen , (the temp was fine , 60 °c at max peek , i made no soft oc and was playing with almost maximum settings excepts for the texture (high instead of ultra) the shadow  (high and not pcss or pcss ultra) and the AA (i was running it with 2xMSAA + FXAA ) and except for the 100% Cpu usage (65°C Max Peek shitty engine) most of the times the game was running smooth and with a good image quality. 

So i've rebooted the game and still, there was some artifacting, and now before shutting the game , it crashed with a grey screen and take me to the desktop , so i make a new driver installation at first (uninstalled the driver with DDU and reinstalled the same driver) and boom no more arctifacting , but instead the shadow begins to flicker/shimmer and all of my texture that have some kind of reflections shimmer like crazy (like the metal fence of buckingham palace) , like a whole shader or aliasing form is missing now and no matter if i set the max aliasing or the worst , nothing happens and the texture pop in increased very bad , some of the building have started to make some fade effect from black to the complete texture at few foot from the characters.

So i've started to thinking there was something wrong with my card like some memory defective and for making sure of that i've streessed the card with some benchmark like Heaven , and made a soft OC , without unlocking voltage, i've setted +100 on core clock and +250 on memory clock , so if something was defective it probably give me an error or some arctifact , well it give me nothing but now i notice the damned shimmering on Heaven benchmark too , and i'm ok with the fact that some eye candy effect won't work good but i litterally see a source of white light on every metal / reflection surface.

And to the conclusion well i've started to have the same issue in almost EVERY game i've played , with every engine , it seems that the aliasing in some object won't work and the forcing method for inject through nvidia inspector or nvcp won't have any effect whatever i set.

My question is , is this really normal? or my card is defective? Are my mind blowing for something that is normal (the distortion/shimmer on every metal/reflection texture and texture fade pop in on all games) that i did not notice before but the artifacting scared me so much that after then i see everything as an 'issue' ?

I already tried:
Clean Windows installation (win 7 or win 8.1 doesn't make a change)
Rollback driver (344.76 > Latest i've tried almost every driver to see if nvcp work but no luck)
Installing the games in another drive (tried the game in the ssd but nothing change for the texture pop in fade effect)

What i notice:
OpenGL game works fine , no shimmer , normal aliasing , i've tested Rage and except for the texture streaming issue (engine problem) it works very cool and smooth.

The things of texture pop in / fade seems to increase from week by week (i was playing Lords of the Fallen , shitty optimization i know, but the lod factor even forcing on the ini file won't work and after 3week of playing, now the texture pop/swap to complete texture even at two foot from me)

The other thing of shimmering on metal surface texture happens in every game (except the openGl) and i think it's the most annoying thing of what i see , it makes some game like Alien Isolation (i know this have several issue with AA) awful to play.

Trying to make screenshot of 'how it look' is useless , because the shimmer happens only when moving or when the camera have the breathing effect so all the screenshots looks perfect.

Another thing i've noticed is that the DOF options in many game won't work anymore (shadow of mordor one of them)

Video:
I can post all the video you want , and i can upload them to mega with no problem if u want uncompressed video , but the videos i'm going to link have the issue very clear to see. (put it on 1080p@60 not auto please)

Alien Isolation : well , i think it speak by itself lol , and i assure you when you play this on the monitor make your eyes cry , it's very disturbing effect.
Alien Isolation : as above it speak by itself , i was trying to use dsr and well it work , less shimmer but bad fps at 4K dsr (well not so bad but dips all the way to 27 sometimes)

Shadow of Mordor: look on the right between the structure with some metal parts that are reflecting...well i don't know what they are reflecting , maybe the moon? 

Metal Gear Solid - Ground Zeroes: look for all the fence , the near and the far , the far is very very ugly , but here i don't know if this is an effect of the game itself or not

Actually i don't have AC Syndicate installed , but i can reinstall it and make some video of that too if you want.

Sorry for the long post , and eventually for bad english but it's not my first language. ;P

Thanks for sharing your experience in great detail. I reviewed all the of video samples you posted (watched them at full res) and I'm sorry to say it, but that "shimmering" you're seeing on distant objects, fencing and objects with large amounts of horizontal/vertical lines are normal aliasing effects. It is the result of simply very little or poor AA filtering. 

I have Shadow of Mordor and Alien Isolation. I will run those games at 1080p, record some gameplay footage and upload tonight so we can compare. But again, what I'm seeing in those videos are all what I have seen before and what appear to be "normal" aliasing/lighting anomalies, IMO. I will need to know the exact setting you used in-game though - most importantly what levels and type(s) of AA filtering has been applied. ;)

Make sure you have antistropic filtering turned up to x16 in your NVCP global settings because some games do not have that option and or have poor antistropic filtering to begin with. This can drastically improve texture/image quality over distance in many games.  

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

As i know its only visible if someone got the same problem or if you capture the monitor with a video camera.

Err , i doubt that , as i said in my post a video is always a 'pre rendered' object , if you have a problem and record it with shadowplay well the program record it  , then it's possibile it is a 'natural' thing and some users don't sense anything because effectively there's nothing to see, but the shimmer white lines on my videos are clear to see lol. 

And Skilled already posted that he doesn't have the same experience i have in some game :) . (so he's seeing what i posted).

If the effect is as bad as is claimed, Shadowplay should capture it easily.  

First image is nice and sharp and clean. Second image shows lots of aliasing/jaggies everywhere.

Thanks for sharing your experience in great detail. I reviewed all the of video samples you posted (watched them at full res) and I'm sorry to say it, but that "shimmering" you're seeing on distant objects, fencing and objects with large amounts of horizontal/vertical lines are normal aliasing effects. It is the result of simply very little or poor AA filtering. 

I have Shadow of Mordor and Alien Isolation. I will run those games at 1080p, record some gameplay footage and upload tonight so we can compare. But again, what I'm seeing in those videos are all what I have seen before and what appear to be "normal" aliasing/lighting anomalies, IMO. I will need to know the exact setting you used in-game though - most importantly what levels and type(s) of AA filtering has been applied. ;)

Make sure you have antistropic filtering turned up to x16 in your NVCP global settings because some games do not have that option and or have poor antistropic filtering to begin with. This can drastically improve texture/image quality over distance in many games.  

Thanks man, it will be really appreciated to have something to compare , (specially on Alien Isolation with the 'grid' style floor).

Sadly the NVCP didn't seems to be working anymore (even if i make a driver clean installation) neither nvidia inspector , i'm trying to inject some SGSAA in Dark Souls 2 SOTFS , but without any success , trying to inject hbao+ always on dark souls 2 and nothing , tried with payday 2 some SGSAA and sadly no one work :(. (And everything i've read that , these settings works for sure).

Err , i doubt that , as i said in my post a video is always a 'pre rendered' object , if you have a problem and record it with shadowplay well the program record it  , then it's possibile it is a 'natural' thing and some users don't sense anything because effectively there's nothing to see, but the shimmer white lines on my videos are clear to see lol. 

And Skilled already posted that he doesn't have the same experience i have in some game :) . (so he's seeing what i posted).

Can you test something for us? We have your recordings you posted up of the "shimmering effect" which is great. Now, what is your antistropic setting under "Global settings" in the NVCP? Can you please try setting it to override all apps and set it to x16, then run run these games again and let us know if there was any change or improvement? (Especially Alien Isolation).

Thanks. :) 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Thanks man, it will be really appreciated to have something to compare , (specially on Alien Isolation with the 'grid' style floor).

Sadly the NVCP didn't seems to be working anymore (even if i make a driver clean installation) neither nvidia inspector , i'm trying to inject some SGSAA in Dark Souls 2 SOTFS , but without any success , trying to inject hbao+ always on dark souls 2 and nothing , tried with payday 2 some SGSAA and sadly no one work :(. (And everything i've read that , these settings works for sure).

For the record; when I recently tried using the NVCP AA settings with Project Cars, none of the AA filters would apply and there were other problems with the graphics in the game as a result (the grass was not being rendered properly). Once I switched back to using the in-game AA settings, all went back to normal (grass rendered properly) and the AA filters were being applied as expected.

I have observed similar behavior in the past when trying to use AMD catalyst AA settings - they simply would not apply in-game - as if no AA filters were being applied at all. Only the in-game AA filters would "work".

Due to this observation, I have to assume that some game engines simply do not play well (or at all) with "outside" applied AA filtering (if that makes sense). Since then, I have always just stuck with using in the in-game settings for AA filters etc.

The only time I rely on any outside settings to make any further improvements to a game's image quality is when the in-game settings do not have adequate AA filters that can be applied (like Styx) and in which case I resort to using VSR or DSR at 1440 (on my 1080 display) to further reduce the aliasing effect in the game. That and antistropic filtering at max (x16) which I apply in the global settings (overrides all apps/games).  

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

Can you test something for us? We have your recordings you posted up of the "shimmering effect" which is great. Now, what is your antistropic setting under "Global settings" in the NVCP? Can you please try setting it to override all apps and set it to x16, then run run these games again and let us know if there was any change or improvement? (Especially Alien Isolation).

Thanks. :)

In a few hour i'll post some video with the settings in the NVCP, actually i have these setting , all to default, except Anisotropic Filter on 16x and the Structure Filter to High Quality instead of only Quality. I have to do something else?

well then some people are just retarded as they dont see the problem on videos like yours^^

Was just watching this video and... look at all the aliasing!!! This is a game with very basic graphics (by today's standards) and has very little to no AA filtering. I see tons of flickering, aliasing and jaggies - nearly identical effects as shown in many of the video samples provided in this thread claimed as being some kind of new graphical "issue." In this example, it is simply all normal effects as a result of the resolution and limitations of the game's graphical engine, nothing more.

Thoughts?

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

In a few hour i'll post some video with the settings in the NVCP, actually i have these setting , all to default, except Anisotropic Filter on 16x and the Structure Filter to High Quality instead of only Quality. I have to do something else?

Hmmm, not sure I've seen the "structure filter" option before. Will check and see what mine is set to. I have everything at default except antistropic x16 in global settings, same as you. I want to make sure as many things as possible in terms of settings are the same to rule out any differences in that regards. You have a 970 and I a 980, but we can both run the same settings and the game *should* look the same. If it doesn't, then we will know for sure if something is going on here. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

Hmmm, not sure I've seen the "structure filter" option before. Will check and see what mine is set to. I have everything at default except antistropic x16 in global settings, same as you. I want to make sure as many things as possible in terms of settings are the same to rule out any differences in that regards. You have a 970 and I a 980, but we can both run the same settings and the game *should* look the same. If it doesn't, then we will know for sure if something is going on here. 

Err sorry , i've translated the exactly meaning of the option from my language , but the real name is 'Texture Filtering - Quality' my bad :P.

Anyway here the two comparison video with and without settings on nvcp :) .

And regard the game settings , it's all to ultra , AA SMAA T2x , i've enabled planar reflection in the ini (look at the floor it gives specular image reflection instead of a blurry image) , and the resolution shadow up to 4096 (it changed nothing , eventually it only give some flicker on the shadow i have to set it to default :) .

With Anisotropic Filter to 16x and Texture Filtering - Quality to High Quality. Look the glasses of the lady :P

Without any settings on NVCP (all to default)

Sadly i cant return to the point of the previous videos because i'm actually playing it on these days and the game did not have a save slot selection :P.

Edited by Cloud7_3

Was just watching this video and... look at all the aliasing!!! This is a game with very basic graphics (by today's standards) and has very little to no AA filtering. I see tons of flickering, aliasing and jaggies - nearly identical effects as shown in many of the video samples provided in this thread claimed as being some kind of new graphical "issue." In this example, it is simply all normal effects as a result of the resolution and limitations of the game's graphical engine, nothing more.

Thoughts?

I want the dude CPU that rendered this :P

Beside that , woah never think that Track Mania have such a wonderful lighting effect! 

For the AA yes there seems to have literal a 0 AA mode or just FXAA setted , i clearly see the jaggies lines and some flickering z-fighting.

But absolutely not a single shimmer.

This problem is mainly present in GTA V regardless of AA settings.

jaggies.png

Somehow I've managed to reduce shimmering and texture jaggies by changing "MSAAQuality value" in Settings.xml from "0" to "4" as my MSAA is x4 ingame. Very weird problem tbh.

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

And again here i'am :P

I've made some videos on Dark Souls 2 SoTFS , without and with NVCP/Inspector , and you can see there's litterally no difference at all :( seems that injecting wont work whatever setting i take on the NVCP/Inspector.

First video 1080p Without NVCP setings , and all settings in game to the Max , as you can see it's very hard to notice the shimmering foliage and structure shimmering (it seems youtube conversion lost much of compression for this video especially in the point where the shimmering is strong , if you want i can upload that on mega for better view) but the shadow pop in at the begin of the video it's clearly noticeable.

Second video 1080p with Nvcp / inspector settings on , same as the previous , and same shadow pop in

I made another video on 4K DSR (The only way i could get rid of 70% of the shimmering , it won't eliminates it totally but it's absolutely eye candy :P and not disturbing at all) and as you can see even youtube had a better compression of the video because of the less disturbance effect, and at last don ask me why but suddendly the shadow pop in disappear (instead it give me some minor stutter from time to time, i was thinking it's some kind of gpu usage problem? because obviously on 1080p my card did not get high than 60% but in 4K dsr it stays on 80 / 95%)

I see you have the same card as mine , can you confirm that in Alien Isolation my situation is worst than yours in shimmering? (yes the game itself have some problem with no native AA at all , they patched it with the msaa + tx but in my case it give no help for the shimmer).

A friends of mine is playing Alien isolation too on a 270x and telled me that he have the shimmer too but not that bad.

All i want to know in my case is if i have to return my card or not :P.

My GTX970 is currently on RMA - Have a GTX670 here atm.. I can test on that if you want. Alien isn't that demanding of a game.

FYI - In NVCP I force x16 Anisotropic filtering and also set the actual texture filtering to High Quality in the NVCP.

I also do the same in AMD's CP, forcing Aniso x16, and Texture Filtering to High Quality

While the upload speeds in Australia suck BALLS, and it would take me a little while to put a video up I can shortcut and provide a comparison to my 290-OC.

I made these video's a little while ago before I had the GTX 970, the game appears the exact same with either card.

But if you really want me to make a GTX 970 video I will when it returns..., but again, it would take a bit of time to UP,...but it looks the same.

Here are the 290 versions.

Their the same to my eyes between the above video and my GTX970.

EDIT: I just found one I did earlier on the GTX970 using Downsampling, don't have a stock 1080p one.

Let me know if you REALLY want the GTX970 comparison and when I get it back I'll do another run. (Or lemme know if you want a GTX670 version)

Search for MrStoolboy on Youtube and all my latest video's from the last few months are from my GTX 970.

Unless otherwise stated.

If its 6 months or less, it's been on my GTX970. (Before that it was likely my 290 or HD4600 setup)

Here is my GTX970 playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5ofzFlQXfuFlYCklFY1pxYgSFwaYeI5g

Some more recent vids may not be in that playlist tho, but are on the main channel.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

My GTX970 is currently on RMA - Have a GTX670 here atm.. I can test on that if you want. Alien isn't that demanding of a game.

FYI - In NVCP I force x16 Anisotropic filtering and also set the actual texture filtering to High Quality in the NVCP.

I also do the same in AMD's CP, forcing Aniso x16, and Texture Filtering to High Quality

While the upload speeds in Australia suck BALLS, and it would take me a little while to put a video up I can shortcut and provide a comparison to my 290-OC.

I made these video's a little while ago before I had the GTX 970, the game appears the exact same with either card.

But if you really want me to make a GTX 970 video I will when it returns..., but again, it would take a bit of time to UP,...but it looks the same.

Here are the 290 versions.

Their the same to my eyes between the above video and my GTX970.

EDIT: I just found one I did earlier on the GTX970 using Downsampling, don't have a stock 1080p one.

Let me know if you REALLY want the GTX970 comparison and when I get it back I'll do another run. (Or lemme know if you want a GTX670 version)

Search for MrStoolboy on Youtube and all my latest video's from the last few months are from my GTX 970.

Unless otherwise stated.

If its 6 months or less, it's been on my GTX970. (Before that it was likely my 290 or HD4600 setup)

Here is my GTX970 playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5ofzFlQXfuFlYCklFY1pxYgSFwaYeI5g

Some more recent vids may not be in that playlist tho, but are on the main channel.

Hey , thanks for the reply! 

From what i see in your video with the r9 290 , i clearly see some shimmer but absolutely less (especially less white lighting effect) and more restrained than mine. 

Now i don't know if it seems less because of the compression and the 30fps movie , but it will be useful if you can make some new video when your card return :) , i have no hurry for that , because i can return my gpu (in case, after all, is really defective and not only mu imagination lol) whatever i want in the next 1year and 8 months :P.

The 4K i see it's like mine if i set it on 4K , i can make a video to find if there's much difference , but playing on 4k dsr for that game is not a great solution because it goes under 30 fps sometimes..

Btw , can i ask you why you RMAd the card?

Display outputs on back.

Some are tied to one bios and others to the other.

One bios got corrupted somehow without me touching it.

Now only a single dvi works to output all others are no signal. Also cant use a combination of dvi + another and when trying i get no signal.

Card performs gr8 still but its not fit for purpose. So yeah... rma.

When it returns ill make a vid for ya.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Display outputs on back.

Some are tied to one bios and others to the other.

One bios got corrupted somehow without me touching it.

Now only a single dvi works to output all others are no signal. Also cant use a combination of dvi + another and when trying i get no signal.

Card performs gr8 still but its not fit for purpose. So yeah... rma.

When it returns ill make a vid for ya.

Oh understand that's a really bad problem .

Thanks again for the fast reply ! And also when the card returns can you tell me what type of memory have? (because when i buyed that card i was 100% sure that they mount Hynix on rev 1.1 but instead i have the Elpida memory )

Oh understand that's a really bad problem .

Thanks again for the fast reply ! And also when the card returns can you tell me what type of memory have? (because when i buyed that card i was 100% sure that they mount Hynix on rev 1.1 but instead i have the Elpida memory )

Will do. The one I had was Elpida as well. (Rev 1.0 afaik)

Did you want me to test my GTX670 in Alien @ 1080p? (I could do a 60s quick couple of scenes, after creation the upload would still be an hour'ish) My net sucks.

Will do. The one I had was Elpida as well. (Rev 1.0 afaik)

Did you want me to test my GTX670 in Alien @ 1080p? (I could do a 60s quick couple of scenes, after creation the upload would still be an hour'ish) My net sucks.

If you want , and have time , i think it's good to have more comparison , i will see it tomorrow for comparison !

And again here i'am :P

I've made some videos on Dark Souls 2 SoTFS , without and with NVCP/Inspector , and you can see there's litterally no difference at all :( seems that injecting wont work whatever setting i take on the NVCP/Inspector.

First video 1080p Without NVCP setings , and all settings in game to the Max , as you can see it's very hard to notice the shimmering foliage and structure shimmering (it seems youtube conversion lost much of compression for this video especially in the point where the shimmering is strong , if you want i can upload that on mega for better view) but the shadow pop in at the begin of the video it's clearly noticeable.

Second video 1080p with Nvcp / inspector settings on , same as the previous , and same shadow pop in

I made another video on 4K DSR (The only way i could get rid of 70% of the shimmering , it won't eliminates it totally but it's absolutely eye candy :P and not disturbing at all) and as you can see even youtube had a better compression of the video because of the less disturbance effect, and at last don ask me why but suddendly the shadow pop in disappear (instead it give me some minor stutter from time to time, i was thinking it's some kind of gpu usage problem? because obviously on 1080p my card did not get high than 60% but in 4K dsr it stays on 80 / 95%)

Dark Souls (1 and 2) suffer from poor AA filtering options and some graphics engine/optimization limitations. The aliasing in the foliage/grass is normal unless you use DSR like I do as well. ;) The shadow pop in is again, related to the graphics engine and probably has something to do with the draw distance effects (how far away the shadow detail increases/decreases at). 

Looks great running in 4k DSR though. :D Like I said many pages ago in this thread - to completely kill most aliasing effects you either have to use a higher res display or use VSR/DSR. ;)

Ok, so tonight I'm going to record footage of GTA 5, Alien Isolation and DS2 to compare and (hopefully) upload them for tomorrow. Will show all my settings in the footage. If you want to see Project Cars I already have a video up of that which was running 1440p VSR (crossfire 290's at the time) on very high settings with DS4X AA. Here's that video:

(Note: this was recorded using OBS which does not capture as high of image quality as Shadoplay does - not without taking a huge performance hit anyways).

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

If you want , and have time , i think it's good to have more comparison , i will see it tomorrow for comparison !

Reference GTX670 @ stock, NVCP @ forced 16x Anisotropic and HighQuality filtering as stated earlier.

Playing the Survival DLC for a quick few minutes to test this.

Reference GTX670 @ stock, NVCP @ forced 16x Anisotropic and HighQuality filtering as stated earlier.

Playing the Survival DLC for a quick few minutes to test this.

Hey Thanks!

Well as i said on the other video with 290 too , i see the shimmer but absolutely less 'disturbance' effect, specially on the floor if i move the camera up and down it give me something like a disturb instead of the grid, i think i have to wait for some other comparison maybe with the same card :) .

Another thing i saw about Alien Isolation with my gpu is that if i move the camera too fast (from right to left etc) all the source of lighting load at the moment (litterally from darkness to light lol ) any of you have the same thing?