Feb-March build 2013

Odde

So the time is almost here (the end of this month) been researching a ton for a good gaming pc for my build this year and these are the parts ive come up with.

http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/2996930/define-asus

foreign site for most of you but you'll be able to see my stuff.

I didn't go with an AIO water loop because they're all too expensive and this setup is already abit over budget so was actually thinking of maybe taking a slight cheaper cpu cooler because i wont overclock it.

However feedback is is always fun to get the good and the bad.

So what do you think? anything that could be changed? if so give tips on the product and i will look into it.

thanks!

/Odde

Case: Fractal Design Arc V2, CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.0Ghz, COOLER: Noctua Nh-D14, GPU: Sapphire Radeon Hd7970 Vapor-X 3GB, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 16GB,

PSU: Fractal Design Newton R3 800W Plantinum, SSD: Samsung Basic 840- 120GB, HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200 RPM, Fans: 3x Fractal r2 Silent series 140mm, 2x Corsair AF 140mm.

Looks like a pretty sweet gaming machine. But can it run Crisis 3?

Seriously though, if you're only using it for gaming and light use then 16GB of RAM is probably unnecessary, although it's so cheap right now that you might as well get it.

If you've been researching a ton then you probably knew that anyway, so I'm just gonna say "nice rig" and leave you to it.

Nice rig.

Looks like a pretty sweet gaming machine. But can it run Crisis 3? Seriously though' date=' if you're only using it for gaming and light use then 16GB of RAM is probably unnecessary, although it's so cheap right now that you might as well get it. If you've been researching a ton then you probably knew that anyway, so I'm just gonna say "nice rig" and leave you to it. Nice rig.[/quote']

hehe, thanks, yea the only reason i get 16 gig of ram is because its cheap

Case: Fractal Design Arc V2, CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.0Ghz, COOLER: Noctua Nh-D14, GPU: Sapphire Radeon Hd7970 Vapor-X 3GB, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 16GB,

PSU: Fractal Design Newton R3 800W Plantinum, SSD: Samsung Basic 840- 120GB, HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200 RPM, Fans: 3x Fractal r2 Silent series 140mm, 2x Corsair AF 140mm.

Looks like a pretty sweet gaming machine. But can it run Crisis 3? Seriously though' date=' if you're only using it for gaming and light use then 16GB of RAM is probably unnecessary, although it's so cheap right now that you might as well get it. If you've been researching a ton then you probably knew that anyway, so I'm just gonna say "nice rig" and leave you to it. Nice rig.[/quote'] hehe, thanks, yea the only reason i get 16 gig of ram is because its cheap
Change it to 8GB and just save the extra money. You're not going to use the extra 8GB.

yea think i will actually, took a closer look and to take 8gb instead of 16 removes almost the whole amount i went over budget with :P thanks for making me notice that!!

This is just my opinion but I would save some money from the graphics card and just get something like an ASUS HD 7970 DCUii and overclock. Then with the left over money I would get a better motherboard a friend of mine had his extreme 4 die and screw the rest of his system over too. anything MSI, ASUS and GIGABYTE should be fine but sometimes you just get unlucky.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Drop the PSU to a 600W too - you don't need 750w for that setup. I personally like the Silverstone Strider Plus series however have a look at the Antec and Seasonic ones too.

This is just my opinion but I would save some money from the graphics card and just get something like an ASUS HD 7970 DCUii and overclock. Then with the left over money I would get a better motherboard a friend of mine had his extreme 4 die and screw the rest of his system over too. anything MSI' date=' ASUS and GIGABYTE [i']should be fine but sometimes you just get unlucky.

i appreciate your answer and will look into it:)

Drop the PSU to a 600W too - you don't need 750w for that setup. I personally like the Silverstone Strider Plus series however have a look at the Antec and Seasonic ones too.

been thinking about it but the corsair hx 650 is about 10$ difference between the 750 and 650W

http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/2998719/dator-edit

Here is an edit with a tad cheaper gpu and a tad bit expensiver msi mobo

i'd of kept the asrock motherboard, got the less expensive graphics card and 8GB of RAM like you have and with the money saved got a Samsung 840 250GB SSD trust me you will appreciate the extra SSD space for games than the more expensive motherboard. I have a 120GB SSD and wish I had more space for the games that have long loading times, have to keep moving games to and from my hard drive and SSD. As for power supply you could make a saving there by getting a silverstone, xfx, seasonic like others have suggested.

i'd of kept the asrock motherboard' date=' got the less expensive graphics card and 8GB of RAM like you have and with the money saved got a Samsung 840 250GB SSD trust me you will appreciate the extra SSD space for games than the more expensive motherboard. I have a 120GB SSD and wish I had more space for the games that have long loading times, have to keep moving games to and from my hard drive and SSD. As for power supply you could make a saving there by getting a silverstone, xfx, seasonic like others have suggested.[/quote']

the store i am buying from doesnt have too many of the cheaper brands, however i dont think psu is a thing to save money on and cant find any modular for a too much cheaper price, and the ssd im not too sure if i want more than 120gb can always buy another one if needed for storage

i'd of kept the asrock motherboard' date=' got the less expensive graphics card and 8GB of RAM like you have and with the money saved got a Samsung 840 250GB SSD trust me you will appreciate the extra SSD space for games than the more expensive motherboard. I have a 120GB SSD and wish I had more space for the games that have long loading times, have to keep moving games to and from my hard drive and SSD. As for power supply you could make a saving there by getting a silverstone, xfx, seasonic like others have suggested.[/quote']

found a evega nex 650w 80+ gold for bout 30 dollars less however i have no experiece of their psus, i know they're good gpu and mobo manufacturer but how are the psus?

found a evega nex 650w 80+ gold for bout 30 dollars less however i have no experiece of their psus, i know they're good gpu and mobo manufacturer but how are the psus?

just like you i don't have any experience with their PSU's

hmm ok wont be taking it then, i just switch down to the hx650

i'd of kept the asrock motherboard' date=' got the less expensive graphics card and 8GB of RAM like you have and with the money saved got a Samsung 840 250GB SSD trust me you will appreciate the extra SSD space for games than the more expensive motherboard. I have a 120GB SSD and wish I had more space for the games that have long loading times, have to keep moving games to and from my hard drive and SSD. As for power supply you could make a saving there by getting a silverstone, xfx, seasonic like others have suggested.[/quote'] found a evega nex 650w 80+ gold for bout 30 dollars less however i have no experiece of their psus, i know they're good gpu and mobo manufacturer but how are the psus?

I've seen them around and from memory their OEM are Seasonic so it's a quality unit.