Help with Asus UEFI Bios, Need to boot from USB

So as you could have guessed from the title, I need some help with my boot menu on my new asus mobo. I am not really accustomed to asus' UEFI, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the boot option so that I can boot to my usb coppy of ubuntu. Thanks for your help in advanced. 

I am guessing its a Z87 board?asus-z87-expert.jpg

At the boot priority, you could select your usb drive in order to boot it or go to Advanced Mode (F7) and go to the Boot category in order to change the boot priority. 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Like mgsstar said, just drag your USB to the left so it is first :)

CPU: AMD FX 6100 Stock - MB: Asus M5A97 EVO - RAM: AMD Memory Entertainment Edition 2x4 GB 1600 MHz - PSU: Topower 650W NANO - SSD: Samsung 840 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500 GB 7200 RPM - GPU: Sapphire HD 7770 Vapor - X OC - CASE: Aerocool Strike - X Advance (Red/Black) - OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Go into Advanced Mode, go to the Boot tab and look for Boot Override. Look for the USB and click it.

• 1 year later...

Other option, this has been solved but its still good to have other options for people viewing this thread.

This Method also works on locked bios's.

This also works for booting from optical drive.

1-plug usb in,

2-unplug hard drives,

3-wait for it to boot from usb,

4-plug hard drives back in

5-profit????

• 6 years later...

very old but added a link which works for me

disable secure boot, it isn't possible on that old asus mother board, but here is how

it works by means of 'clear secure boot keys'

https://www.qualityology.com/tech/disable-asus-motherboards-uefi-secure-boot/

which means u'd not have dual boot in particular for windows.

disabling secure boot it turns out lets you boot any linux iso images written to usb flash sticks (e.g. Ubuntu etc)

to fix that after installation u'd need to try that 'install default secure boot keys' which disable booting usb sticks again.

never attempted 'install default secure boot keys' , so just be wary that you may be 'locked out of windows'