MiniNews: Mac Pro case for the DIY

NumLock21

Those of you who wanted a Mac Pro case don't have to buy a trash bin at IKEA anymore cause a Chinese company has finally made one. By Sheng Electronics, this Mac Pro case fit a ITX board, up to 120mm fans, SFX power supplies, and cpu with a maximum height of just 60mm or less. The case weight about 2kg (4.4 pounds). MSRP about Y8,980 (Yen) so that's about 73USD, 97CAN, 99AUD, 48GBP, 67EUR.

dpwohs.jpg

https://benchlife.info/built-you-own-mac-pro-with-windows-os-12042015/

translate

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

what about GPUs?

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

ew

Looks like GPU hell

I used to be quite active here.

silverstone FT03-mini still seems a better option for a DIY trashcan computer.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

Might be able to get a nano in there under water with two 120mm rads?

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Lawsuit in 3... 2... 1...

Honestly, I don't see why you would build in a Mac Pro look-a-like case.

The thermals are most likely going to be horrible. 

likely no lawsuit, its a chinese company so theres no legal reprocussions. What will likely happen is apple will contact govt officials and explain that they employ a lot of chinese citizens and that can all stop if something isnt done about the ripoff cases. Then voila suddenly no more ripoff cases

Honestly, I don't see why you would build in a Mac Pro look-a-like case.

The thermals are most likely going to be horrible. 

to troll people into thinking you have a special mac

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

likely no lawsuit, its a chinese company so theres no legal reprocussions. What will likely happen is apple will contact govt officials and explain that they employ a lot of chinese citizens and that can all stop if something isnt done about the ripoff cases. Then voila suddenly no more ripoff cases

Lawsuits can still happen in China. China is not a lawless wild west. They have rules and laws just like most of the world.

And eventhough the company is Chinese lawsuits can still be carried out in the countries where the case is sold. 

If a potential suit is filled in the US, for example, Apple could have the manufacture pay Apple a percentage of the total sale and have the case banned from import. 

to troll people into thinking you have a special mac

I bit far to go for a joke, but what ever floats your goat. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I would buy one...or two just for the lols.

And before Apple sues the living crap out of them.

Same idea hit me too!

Wow this was old as heck, Need to update this signature!

Now to watch as Apple sues them because it resembles an apple product.

-Grabs popcorn-

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

Lawsuits can still happen in China. China is not a lawless wild west. They have rules and laws just like most of the world.

And eventhough the company is Chinese lawsuits can still be carried out in the countries where the case is sold. 

If a potential suit is filled in the US, for example, Apple could have the manufacture pay Apple a percentage of the total sale and have the case banned from import. 

I bit far to go for a joke, but what ever floats your goat.

Unfortunately you aren't entirely correct. In many cases they won't care unless you are a huge company (like apple). I have seen first hand issues like this where a small business that manufactures and sells rotary racing components has their product ripped off by a company in China and after a year of contacting patent offices, copyrights and trademarks, they just ended up alerting all customers and asked them to only purchase from verified sellers until the Chinese company gave up. While they aren't "lawless" it is still an incredibly corrupt system run by their "titans of industry"

Chinese company has finally made one.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Shit looks ballin, I'd buy one if my GPU could fit.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Always liked the latest Mac Pro design, especially when the lid is off but unfortunately no amount of DIY modding will approach the amount of precision engineering that goes into an actual mac pro.

Kind of want to buy it and make another hackintosh but thermals are going to be weak since it's modular and not designed from the ground up.

IM BUYING ONE YES PLS GOD YEHHHHHHHHH LETS GO

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I would buy one...or two just for the lols.

And before Apple sues the living crap out of them.

The thing with China is its like hydra. You cut one down another two grow. Just like the original trash can this will be hell for gpus so expect similar thermal throttling like from the Fall out build

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

The thing with China is its like hydra. You cut one down another two grow. Just like the original trash can this will be hell for gpus so expect similar thermal throttling like from the Fall out build

I can't even tell how the GPU is going to fit if I were to be honest with you

If it supported gpus you could slam a 2699v3 and a tesla k80 in there and own everything.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I can't even tell how the GPU is going to fit if I were to be honest with you

The size should be enough for one. Don't forget that the original had two in crossfire. So the pcb should fit. The cooling is probably be the probable and the only way to go is with something like fury x. In fallout case the fury x was 85C while normally is 55C. So there is no way that a aircooled gpu will be not throttling in that case( unless it is gpu with laptop tdp of course with the performance of a laptop)

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

yeah and put a 290x in there and you have yourself a literal toaster

Longboarders/ skaters message me!