Casey Neistat themed casemod

HCP
What?

If you are into vlogging and Youtube you may already know Casey Neistat, one of the bigger Youtubers right now and growing fast.

He is a awsome film maker and DIY guy, check him out! -> https://www.youtube.com/user/caseyneistat

Casey got my attention a couple of month ago with his hacking, customizations and other

solutions to every day problems, in his style.

Image4.jpg

Why?

So, one day when i was thinking of a theme for my next mod i decided to do a Casey Neistat themed computer build, fetching some of his creations into the case.

Not sure why i´m doing this, just a fun thing and a complete opposite of what i normally do, where i seek to perfect and do everything as perfect as it can be.

Maybe a kind of a tribute? not sure, well, here it goes!

The hardware

Bitfenix NEOS case

Some drive cages from different other cases

3x3TB drives, 2x2TB drives, 1TB os-drive.

AMD 5800k APU

Asrock FM2A88X motherboard

8GB ram, Corsair Vengeance

The result!

And here it is, my Casey Neistat custom computer!

casey-neistat-casemod-final.jpg

And, it´s not a build log without the pics.

The case - Bitfenix Neos Window

casey-neistat-casemod-1.jpg

Casey have very custom glasses of his own, here i tried to replicate that effect he has on the glasses in the side window panel.

casey-neistat-casemod-2.jpg

Made a window decal of the very same Casey, with his custom glasses on.

casey-neistat-casemod-3.jpg

On his Boosted board, pictured in the top. He made a arrow to tell wich way is forward.

I took this detail into the front panel.

casey-neistat-casemod-5.jpg

One other characteristic part of Casey is his "selfie-stick", he is using a Joby Gorillapod and holding his Canon 70D in one hand.

I had to snatch this detail too. Off to the store and bought a gorilla pod, removed 4 pieces of it and made it fit the case, as case feets :)

casey-neistat-casemod-10.jpg

casey-neistat-casemod-12.jpg

They had to be cut first

casey-neistat-casemod-11.jpg

Turned out pretty good

casey-neistat-casemod-13.jpg

In one of Caseys videos, he makes a custom carry-on bag with a custom holder for his Penny skateboard.

Skating is big in his movies, so i can´t leave this out.

Had to buy a Pennyboard just to get one, i can´t skate and i probably brake it if i tried standing on it :)

Here is first a picture of Caseys custom bag, and the following picture of my interpretation of it.

See his video here:

casey-neistat-casemod-6.jpg

casey-neistat-casemod-7.jpg

casey-neistat-casemod-8.jpg

Made a fast-forward video of the works too.

This is really cool and I'm a huge Casey fan (you should tweet this at him) but I'm not sure I get the point of the penny board. I know it's what Casey does but he does it for functionality and convenience (which is why he does a lot of mods) and so I don't entirely get it.

Wicked cool though.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

This is really cool and I'm a huge Casey fan (you should tweet this at him) but I'm not sure I get the point of the penny board. I know it's what Casey does but he does it for functionality and convenience (which is why he does a lot of mods) and so I don't entirely get it.

Wicked cool though.

I did his mod with the canon-strap and the rubber-string he did on his carry-on bag, but i couldnt do it without a penny-board, so i had to buy one just to get the complete theme :)

I just tried to catch many of his own mods, into a computer case ;)

The ultimate thing to do on that case is spray paint it white then scratch the shit out of it

Haha, i had a idea of that, but the case is a low budget one and it would probably scratch alot below the white.

So i stuck with the white effect on the edges of the case window