Tech Gifts for Non-techies Giveaway!

Tad off topic... but I wonder how many of these are for  themselves rather than for their family and peers  :P

I was thinking that as well. It would be easy to say your mom, grandma, etc /needs/ a new 'x' when /you/ want a new 'x'.

The thing is, we'll probably never know. But even through text, there is a slight amount of sincerity one can probably gather. I have a banging custom built PC and a lot of good music tech, and my listed item was a $200 mini PC for my parents because their current one is trash. I personally don't need a mini PC, but my mom complains about hers either not loading or loading too slow because she loves messing with pictures. Plus, I'd like to keep my computer to myself in the case my parents ever needed to use mine instead. 

So I guess if someone is getting for themselves... Merry Christmas to themselves using someone elses likelihood. Heck, I've seen plenty of comments here with just the item, no person and no reason. I don't imagine they will be counted though.

Tad off topic... but I wonder how many of these are for  themselves rather than for their family and peers  :P

I'm sure there are, but I'm not sure how anyone could prove otherwise.  

The best I could come up with is a screenshot from Facebook post wishing my Grandpa a Happy 97 back in January. 

post-257007-0-64977700-1450133051.png

My mum has been looking at a new motherboa...... jk she doesn´t even know what´s inside a pc

Anyway I wanted to buy a tablet for her but I also want to keep saving my money so I guess the Nvidia Shield tablet K1 is a nice bit of kit in my opinion and a nice present.

Specificaly the controller bundle since she would like to start gaming on her free time but apparently she can´t think of how to use a keyboard to play games.

http://www.amazon.com/Nvidia-Shield-8-0-Inch-Tablet-Black/dp/B0171BS9CG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1450124861&sr=8-2&keywords=nvidia+shield+tablet

Just let your mom play some Candy crush and soon she'll turn into a hardcore gamer for sure  :P 

Whaddup