Budget PC Build #1

Ok, so I have dared to enter the realm of budget pc builds. This is my first budget list, and from the price point, it seems good. here is the link. So, for those of you who don't trust amazon, here is the parts list: 

- Intel Pentium G3258

- Zalman T5 Micro ATX case

- ASRock ATX DDR3 1600 LGA 1150 B85M-DGS Motherboard

- 16GB Kingston Tech ValueRAM (2x 8GB) @ 1333Mhz 

- EVGA 500 watt 80+ Bronze non-modular PSU

All of that adds up to about $270 US Dollars ($360 Canadian, 255 Euros, 18 Pounds) without shipping, since I have prime. 

NOTE: I currently have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti FTW That I will stick in there. Also, I will have it running Ubuntu, so no cost for windows AND a lot of steam games are supported!

So, if you have any recommendations, please let me know.  

Ok, so I have dared to enter the realm of budget pc builds. This is my first budget list, and from the price point, it seems good. here is the link. So, for those of you who don't trust amazon, here is the parts list: 

- Intel Pentium G3258

- ASRock ATX DDR3 1600 LGA 1150 B85M-DGS Motherboard

- 16GB Kingston Tech ValueRAM (2x 8GB) @ 1333Mhz 

- EVGA 500 watt 80+ Bronze non-modular PSU

All of that adds up to about $270 US Dollars ($360 Canadian, 255 Euros, 18 Pounds) without shipping, since I have prime. 

NOTE: I currently have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti FTW That I will stick in there. Also, I will have it running Ubuntu, so no cost for windows AND a lot of steam games are supported!

So, if you have any recommendations, please let me know.  

That's pretty much a perfect budget build, with the ability to take on a higher end CPU down the road like a i5 or i7 without any issues. gg :D

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

- ASRock ATX

???

EDIT: Found out its actually mATX. Have fun building. Also might suggest ddr3 1600/1866.

Specs: i7-4790k with Thermaltake Water 3.0, EVGA GTX 970, MSI Z97 Gaming 3, Kingston HyperX 2x8 DDR3 1600Mhz, SSD Boot Drive/1TB HD, CM Storm Stryker, EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Peripherals: SS Rival, HyperX Cloud, G710+

pcpartpicker.com is a pretty great tool, but have fun with your build!

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

8gb of ram is fine for gaming, and with the money saved from less ram get an i3 or if you can a cheap i5

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

That's pretty much a perfect budget build, with the ability to take on a higher end CPU down the road like a i5 or i7 without any issues. gg :D

Well, I just looked, and it would help if I had a hard drive... I'm assuming a WD Green woulld be good.

Well, I just looked, and it would help if I had a hard drive... I'm assuming a WD Green woulld be good.

Go for a WD Blue, they're much faster. I recommend the WD 1TB Blue.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Please get an Athlon 860K or an i3. Like, please, if you're gonna play modern games.

My current i3 530 @ 2.93Ghz with 6GB ddr3 ram is fine for gaming, and if I understand the pentium's specs, the only bad things are: 1MB less cache, and no hyperthreading. Other than that, it will be better.

My current i3 530 @ 2.93Ghz with 6GB ddr3 ram is fine for gaming, and if I understand the pentium's specs, the only bad things are: 1MB less cache, and no hyperthreading. Other than that, it will be better.

Keep your current i3 then.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.