Should America ban guns?

With all the mass shooting taking place it really brings the question, should America ban guns?  Feel free to anonymously answer the poll and if you wish, feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you ban guns it will NOT stop the dickheads that wanna do bad shit, to get hold of one and doing bad shit.

Banning guns outright is absolutely retarded, and this is coming from a guy in a country which has very restricted gun ownership.

And i shit you not, knife crime will skyrocket if guns got banned. And personally i'd rather get shot than shanked.

Having strict regulations on gun control however, is fine.

inb4 topic gets locked.

23767318.jpg

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Criminals are criminals; they'll find a way to get guns and that would leave the rest of us defenseless. You can ban guns, but it won't do anything.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Canada and most of Europe ban guns outright and I do not see them having this many issues. How is keeping guns in America making anyone safer?

you can ban them, and make the problem worse, or you can regulate them, and make the problem better and profitable

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Canada and most of Europe ban guns outright and I do not see them having this many issues. How is keeping guns in America making anyone safer?

Guns are not banned in Canada or europe...lol

http://www.howtogetagun.ca/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overview_of_gun_laws_by_nation

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

No, there are other, easier and cheaper ways to kill someone.

Ideally Fuck yeah! On my trip to NYC they carried machine guns with what looked like scopes like it was nothing

Realistically too many people have guns in the US for that to happen.

What I think America should do is make the price of one bullet $5000 that'll make people think twice before killing someone.

I stand corrected in regards to Canada. But there are countries in Europe where gun ownership is just about outlawed (or near impossible to legally have).

Nevertheless, my question remains on how is having guns in America making it safer, when other civilized countries do not have this many mass shootings?

If you ban guns it will NOT stop the dickheads that wanna do bad shit, to get hold of one.

Banning guns outright is absolutely retarded, and this is coming form a guy in a country which has pretty much outlawed gun ownership.

And i shit you not, knife crime will skyrocket if guns got banned. And personally i'd rather get shot than shanked.

inb4 topic gets locked.

23767318.jpg

Not gun laws, more like gun regulation and better background checks.  There are studies which show countries with gun control have fewer crimes.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

http://www.gunfacts.info

Many myths and misconceptions laid out on this site about firearms and gun control. Most of the statements are also cited and can be looked up from other sources. It's important to be informed no matter what personal beliefs you might have.

Even being a gun owner myself, I would respect the opinion of an informed anti gun person over an uninformed pro gun person.

U cant ban guns.. we should all know thats a fact. We should not get rid of them.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Ideally? Yes.

Realistically? Gun's have basically become part of everyday life for Americans these days. An outright ban would be very unpopular and is basically out of the question. But they need to be regulated so not just any old sod can go buy one. The reason school shootings and whatnot happen is because any nutcase can just go out and buy a gun.

I'm not saying it needs to be as harsh as EU laws... Just harsh enough so that someone with few loose screws can't get one easily.

No, it would only cause more issues. stricter regulations will help - keeps the honest honest if you want a gun you can have a gun as long as you aren't deemed a risk to society with a gun. The bad will have a harder time getting a gun, but it doesn't stop gun violence. Social aspects need to be addressed - mental health and mentality towards guns all need to be looked at. That is in my mind how gun violence can be cut downed, but not stopped. 

Canada has tighter regulations up for debate whether we have better help for unstable minds, but we still have problems with gun violence. Gangs, and smaller incidents, we also have a smaller population to take into consideration. There is no complete solution but I believe it is possible to reduce the number and frequency of gun attacks. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Not gun laws, more like gun regulation and better background checks.  There are studies which show countries with gun control have fewer crimes.

Would you argue that America has far too few gun laws and regulations and that is why it has so many mass shootings?

I stand corrected in regards to Canada. But there are countries in Europe where gun ownership is just about outlawed (or near impossible to legally have).

Nevertheless, my question remains on how is having guns in America making it safer, when other civilized countries do not have this many mass shootings?

They dont have as many mass shootings because there are gun laws to regulate the people who have guns

In the US you can go to a store and just buy one like you buy a bag of chips, and you can carry it around with you wherever you want

Also because the US is one of the (advanced) countries with highest population

Banning something won't prevent people from getting it, and it makes the problem worse because then you have an explosive increase in the illegal gun market and smuggling.

If you do some research on stuff about banning vs regulating you will see that banning things in the past had huge adverse effects

Such as alcohol

They tried to ban that once, things didnt go well

Spoiler

Evidence or gtfo. 

lixbV.jpg

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

What I think America should do is make the price of one bullet $5000 that'll make people think twice before killing someone.

That would be nice however, shooting ranges would suffer. I go can through 100 9mm, over 500 .22, and 100 7.62 and it would only cost me around 50 bucks.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.