Weird PC Issues

Cs342

After switching my cooler to an H100 I've been having some frustrating problems:

1. My PC freezes at the shut down screen so I can't shut down without unplugging it.

2. When I put my computer to sleep and then wake it back up, the PC goes through the normal cold boot sequence instead of resuming from sleep, and then the monitor goes black.

3. I get random blue screens (I think it was called memory dump or something)

4. Chrome shows the "aw snap" screen very often.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

On a serious note, what are your temps idle/load? 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

Have you checked the (cpu) temps? Might be too much or not enough thermal compound. Also, I recommend checking all cables so they are properly in the sockets.

Run Memtest and check your boot drive for errors, this sounds unrelated to an H100.

Error: 410

It only happened after I changed my cooler... temps are pretty darn good so I wouldn't say it's overheating. I have no idea what's wrong

Might be worth seeing if you have overtightened the block, putting stress on the socket and surrounding traces.

make sure the bracket is on only finger tight so the socket is no being stressed and that you have not over done it with the thermal compound as it is conductive and if over done it can go down the side of the CPU and onto the socket ass the computer warms up the compound gets softer this will make the computer blue screen or evan short out the chip and motherboard.

make sure the bracket is on only finger tight so the socket is no being stressed and that you have not over done it with the thermal compound as it is conductive and if over done it can go down the side of the CPU and onto the socket ass the computer warms up the compound gets softer this will make the computer blue screen or evan short out the chip and motherboard.

If I'm getting good temps would this still be a possibility? How would my computer even boot up if the CPU was not attached properly? :S

Maybe an electrical problem with the H100 pump or fan... The pump goes to USB am I right?  Maybe a short or something making the PC unstable. Thats the only thing I can think of if you are sure its the H100 but not the temps...

CPU: AMD FX 6100 Stock - MB: Asus M5A97 EVO - RAM: AMD Memory Entertainment Edition 2x4 GB 1600 MHz - PSU: Topower 650W NANO - SSD: Samsung 840 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500 GB 7200 RPM - GPU: Sapphire HD 7770 Vapor - X OC - CASE: Aerocool Strike - X Advance (Red/Black) - OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Maybe an electrical problem with the H100 pump or fan... The pump goes to USB am I right?  Maybe a short or something making the PC unstable. Thats the only thing I can think of if you are sure its the H100 but not the temps...

I just reapplied thermal paste and reseated my CPU... no issues so far but I've only been using it for 5 minutes

What PSU do you have? Could have you gone over the wattage adding the H100? I donno what kind of wattage the H100 uses, so...

Sounds like a PSU or memory issue... I had similar issue until I realized I needed to set tRC timing from 34 on auto/XMP profile to 41 along with the other timings I had already set.

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

What PSU do you have? Could have you gone over the wattage adding the H100? I donno what kind of wattage the H100 uses, so...

Sounds like a PSU or memory issue... I had similar issue until I realized I needed to set tRC timing from 34 on auto/XMP profile to 41 along with the other timings I had already set.

Corsair HX750

Great just got another blue screen...