so i got the Asus ROG swift 165hz IPS monitor

ExcitezR

I'm sad to say that this just may not be the company to go with due to numerous problems and QC issues. Maybe we need to take a step back and look elsewhere like Acer, they have an monitor coming out the Z35 with GSYNC, 200hz refresh rate and the only bad part is it has a VA panel and the resolution is 2560x1080, yes I know but it's an alternative.

http://youtu.be/_ib9yuWPWNM

I'm sad to say that this just may not be the company to go with due to numerous problems and QC issues. Maybe we need to take a step back and look elsewhere like Acer, they have an monitor coming out the Z35 with GSYNC, 200hz refresh rate and the only bad part is it has a VA panel and the resolution is 2560x1080, yes I know but it's an alternative.http://youtu.be/_ib9yuWPWNM

You should have looked at Acer anyway if you wanted better QC. And dealing with them is a breeze, dealing with ASUS is like walking into a hurricane.

Also, from Vega who bought 5 of the XB271HU,

Quite incredible the turn around Acer has made with this new monitor. The level of quality control is quite high! All five of my XB271HU's can overclock to 165 Hz, have zero dead or stuck pixels, no dust trapped behind the panel and all exhibit minimal back light bleed. Once it get's darker out I'll post some photo's.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Mine started doing little black outs today. Looks like the gsync module is failing just like it did in the pg278q before it. Sigh another monitor to return from Asus. I was doing so well, I had a flawless pg279q and it was fantastic for about a month!

yeah when i was using it i loved it but looking at all of the reviews im not sure what to go for now what are you going to do?

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

NewEgg is filled with complains about screen issues with the PG279Q. It was so intense that I actually decided to delay my own purchase of the screen. Dead pixels and screen bleeding seemed to be the most common complaints. 

It's such a shame. ASUS products always look so nice, but the factory that makes them is in need of higher quality control practices. 

do you think you will still get one or not im not sure any more looking at the reviews on newegg i might save a bit more and get the acer x34

PC PART PICKER

Some people have waited over 6months before getting replacement product. Generally they tend to do better with replacing their RoG line, but you can still get stuck with the typical ASUS treatment. They are VERY well known for this and why many avoid their brand like the plague.

Hopefully they sort you out though.

Well "many avoid their brand like the plague" then how comes they are the best seller for gaming monitors?

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Well "many avoid their brand like the plague" then how comes they are the best seller for gaming monitors?

Because there was a time when they were the only ones that offered something like the PG278Q or the VG248QE that was far better priced than the BenQ alternatives. Also, we know you are ASUS biased, but you don't have to believe EVERYTHING you read. Sorry, but ASUS as a whole be it motherboard, video card, monitor, laptop, are WELL KNOWN for their absolute abysmal customer service, it's been established by their prior F+ BBB rating all in regards to it with no resolution for people waiting up to 8months for a product they RMA'd.

That said, ASUS is a lot bigger than most so they will have more complaints per product than others, that's a given, however when you compare directly their monitors, the PG278Q was a HORRIBLE product for the end-consumer, it may have been a step in the right direction and hell, a good panel, but the quality control was absolutely horrendous and ASUS SHOULD have learned, but they haven't. Acer came out with the XB270HU with spotty as fuck quality control, it was pretty damn bad, but halfway through the year, Acer fixed their qc issues.. ASUS, of whom has had a panel out for more than twice as long, STILL to this day has yet to fix their qc issues, and yet, they put out the PG279Q, which is a beautiful monitor mind you, but the quality control is yet again the same, and far worse than Acer. Now, Acer has the XB271HU with quality control that makes ASUS look like what Acer used to be viewed as, budget brand crap with a high price.

I like the look of the ASUS more than I do the Acer, and I've stated it before, if I was buying between the 270HU or the 279Q, I'd go with the ASUS and try the panel lottery for a good one. But now with the XB271HU out that has superior QC, there's simply no reason to go with ASUS. Of course, I'm not a fan of what Acer did with the crimson red coloring on the base.... But still, better quality control = happy customers.

EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Yeah I'm sending mine back to amazon tomorrow. I clearly got a returned model. Asus thinks they can just ship used monitors as new and it's true because you don't see any refurbished or open boxed versions for sale. Asus is clearly spitting in our face and calling it rain. I'm so angry at Asus its not even funny. I'll be going with the XB271HU everyone on overclock.net is happy with theirs and says it's miles ahead of Asus in quality control. There was even a couple people that got bad monitors by Acer and shipped them back for replacement and now they both are happy no problems. 

E8EuBhr.jpg

OuLqPnh.jpg

UWiNdy8.jpg

Here's a couple more.

http://imgur.com/zuyR9JB

http://imgur.com/jFOa80N

You can even see the QC sticker. News flash Asus doesn't do quality control. You can see how the bubble wrap is all crumbled up. My first one I bought from newegg didn't have a QC sticker and nothing fishy going on like someone tried to take off the serial number. Save yourself the headache and go with Acer's verison of this monitor.

Because there was a time when they were the only ones that offered something like the PG278Q or the VG248QE that was far better priced than the BenQ alternatives. Also, we know you are ASUS biased, but you don't have to believe EVERYTHING you read. Sorry, but ASUS as a whole be it motherboard, video card, monitor, laptop, are WELL KNOWN for their absolute abysmal customer service, it's been established by their prior F+ BBB rating all in regards to it with no resolution for people waiting up to 8months for a product they RMA'd.

That said, ASUS is a lot bigger than most so they will have more complaints per product than others, that's a given, however when you compare directly their monitors, the PG278Q was a HORRIBLE product for the end-consumer, it may have been a step in the right direction and hell, a good panel, but the quality control was absolutely horrendous and ASUS SHOULD have learned, but they haven't. Acer came out with the XB270HU with spotty as fuck quality control, it was pretty damn bad, but halfway through the year, Acer fixed their qc issues.. ASUS, of whom has had a panel out for more than twice as long, STILL to this day has yet to fix their qc issues, and yet, they put out the PG279Q, which is a beautiful monitor mind you, but the quality control is yet again the same, and far worse than Acer. Now, Acer has the XB271HU with quality control that makes ASUS look like what Acer used to be viewed as, budget brand crap with a high price.

I like the look of the ASUS more than I do the Acer, and I've stated it before, if I was buying between the 270HU or the 279Q, I'd go with the ASUS and try the panel lottery for a good one. But now with the XB271HU out that has superior QC, there's simply no reason to go with ASUS. Of course, I'm not a fan of what Acer did with the crimson red coloring on the base.... But still, better quality control = happy customers.

ACER fixed there issues? You need to look again, go look at reviews, they are still terrible. The ACER Predator X34 still have QC issues, the ACER XB271HU has not been out for long.

If you look online again, you will find ASUS fixed most of the issues with the PG278Q, however the PG279Q is not fixed, due to AU Optronics.

Start looking at customer reviews.

Samsung should release a panel by the end of next year (I expect with Freesync) which has better QC than ACER and ASUS.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

ACER fixed there issues? You need to look again, go look at reviews, they are still terrible. The ACER Predator X34 still have QC issues, the ACER XB271HU has not been out for long.

If you look online again, you will find ASUS fixed most of the issues with the PG278Q, however the PG279Q is not fixed, due to AU Optronics.

Start looking at customer reviews.

Samsung should release a panel by the end of next year (I expect with Freesync) which has better QC than ACER and ASUS.

The X34 is still a new release, and the 271HU, honestly I half expected their issues to be fixed due to their 270HU learning experience, but my other half figured they'd end up like ASUS and not fix things... Keep in mind this isn't to say I hate ASUS, I love ASUS's product, mainly for the design, but still, if you want the least amount of issues, ASUS is simply not on the list despite how nice the 279Q may look.

You think Samsung will have an offering soon? I wouldn't mind a link to a rumor mill or something regarding it if you have it, although I'm hoping someday for a Dell UltraSharp panel with these specs personally.

Yeah I'm sending mine back to amazon tomorrow. I clearly got a returned model. Asus thinks they can just ship used monitors as new and it's true because you don't see any refurbished or open boxed versions for sale. Asus is clearly spitting in our face and calling it rain. I'm so angry at Asus its not even funny. I'll be going with the XB271HU everyone on overclock.net is happy with theirs and says it's miles ahead of Asus in quality control. There was even a couple people that got bad monitors by Acer and shipped them back for replacement and now they both are happy no problems. 

E8EuBhr.jpg

OuLqPnh.jpg

UWiNdy8.jpg

Here's a couple more.

http://imgur.com/zuyR9JB

http://imgur.com/jFOa80N

You can even see the QC sticker. News flash Asus doesn't do quality control. You can see how the bubble wrap is all crumbled up. My first one I bought from newegg didn't have a QC sticker and nothing fishy going on like someone tried to take off the serial number. Save yourself the headache and go with Acer's verison of this monitor.

I'm sorry man, this whole ordeal sucks for those wanting a good panel. And yea, Overclock.net impressions are the same as the general consensus that Acer is miles ahead of ASUS. Who knows, maybe one day they will look at things like Acer did and fix things. Amazon is letting you return without hassle though? I got it in writing from an Amazon rep that stated I could return one of the prior 270HU panels if they were not to my liking, but it ended up being a perfect panel so it was not needed, so was curious if they would honor it considering it's BLB.

This is so not cool, for any consumer to pay that amount of money only to get refurbished shit.

I'm sorry man, this whole ordeal sucks for those wanting a good panel. And yea, Overclock.net impressions are the same as the general consensus that Acer is miles ahead of ASUS. Who knows, maybe one day they will look at things like Acer did and fix things. Amazon is letting you return without hassle though? I got it in writing from an Amazon rep that stated I could return one of the prior 270HU panels if they were not to my liking, but it ended up being a perfect panel so it was not needed, so was curious if they would honor it considering it's BLB.

Yes I called up amazon and talked to a chill dude. Told him about my dead pixel and how I felt like I got a used monitor (clearly it was opened and used before) and he gave me a shipping label and even said that the money I payed for overnight shipping will be refunded. He also said that I have put a note on your account, I forgot how he said it but basically said I wont get a returned product ever again. Like my future orders will receive special care and get hand picked atleast that's how I understood it. I also said It had bad BLB.

This is so not cool, for any consumer to pay that amount of money only to get refurbished shit.

No kidding. I don't know whats going on with Asus but there's some fishy stuff going on with these monitors.

Yes I called up amazon and talked to a chill dude. Told him about my dead pixel and how I felt like I got a used monitor (clearly it was opened and used before) and he gave me a shipping label and even said that the money I payed for overnight shipping will be refunded. He also said that I have put a note on your account, I forgot how he said it but basically said I wont get a returned product ever again. Like my future orders will receive special care and get hand picked atleast that's how I took it.

I truly hope that is the case, but they will tell us anything to get us off the phone, and trust me once you make an order he has no control of how it gets picked. Just an FYI....

-snip

wow who does asus think they are sending out faulty and used monitors as new ones i think i will go with the acer 144hz 1440p one as well but i have been looking at 4K and ultra wide but im so confused now lol 

PC PART PICKER

Hey guys i decided to update you about my case a bit

managed to get an approve for full refund . also someone from the headquarters in twain contacted me and he is very helpful and nice to talk with.

beside that i decided that once i get my money i wont buy any ASUS product again just simply because how bad the customer service / warranty service is. i dont have time to deal with

sadly for all who want "acer" - i did my research on acer and they suck as much as ASUS so i wont buy them aswell

my options now are the BENQ XL2420G/AOC G2460PG the DELL S2716DG and LG 24M77-B 

now that i am smarter i'm gonna check which one of this monitor got the best warranty service/repair lab so just incase i will have to use my warranty i know im gonna get good service...

sadly the AOC lab are the same as the ASUS in my country so that leaves me with the DELL/BENQ/LG .

BENQ XL2420G got bad reviews for colors so im not sure how good it is

LG - amazing reviews for colors and maybe the best support in my country - but NO GSYNC  : { so im not sure yet about it

DELL - i'm not sure which the lab YET but if its the one i think , they also suck but i need to check it first .beside that in terms of reviews/performence the dell is my favorite !

sadly i dont see other options that worth taking look at .

ill keep you updated...

Fractal Design Define R5~ Asus Maximus VII HERO~ i7-4790k@ 4.7 GHz. ~ GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming ~ 16 GB Kingston HyperX 2400 HZ. ~ Samsung 850EVO 1TB SSD ~ Asus CD/DVD reader/writer ~ Coolermaster V Series 1000W~ Noctua NH-D15+ Noctua NH-A14 FLX x3-   BenQ's XL2420G Monitor  - Steelseries APEX M800 / Zowie EC2-A / Zowie G-SR

managed to get an approve for full refund . also someone from the headquarters in twain contacted me and he is very helpful and nice to talk with.

beside that i decided that once i get my money i wont buy any ASUS product again just simply because how bad the customer service / warranty service is. i dont have time to deal with

sadly for all who want "acer" - i did my research on acer and they suck as much as ASUS so i wont buy them aswell

now that i am smarter i'm gonna check which one of this monitor got the best warranty service/repair lab so just incase i will have to use my warranty i know im gonna get good service...

sadly the AOC lab are the same as the ASUS in my country so that leaves me with the DELL/BENQ/LG .

LG - amazing reviews for colors and maybe the best support in my country - but NO GSYNC : { so im not sure yet about it

DELL - i'm not sure which the lab YET but if its the one i think , they also suck but i need to check it first .beside that in terms of reviews/performence the dell is my favorite !

ill keep you updated...

Yeah that kind of sucks....no GSYNC, I totally understand and smart move doing your research. And thank you for following up with us and giving us an update, oh and pls let us know which monitor you went with.

LG - amazing reviews for colors and maybe the best support in my country - but NO GSYNC  : { so im not sure yet about it

ill keep you updated..

I'll never go back to TN and gsync is too good.

ill keep you updated...

It's the panel lottery man and also how each panel is held up in the monitor framing which can cause unwanted bleed. If you want the best luck with it, Acer (do research on current XB271HU, not the giant fuck-up that was the XB270HU release). If you want to wait, Dell is quite well known for quality when it comes to monitors, particularly their UltraSharp line. But, no IPS + 144Hz + G-Sync + ULMB, etc. etc. They do however have a TN 144Hz panel, but.... TN.

Keep us updated for sure though, always curious to see what people end up with. And as always, happy hunting.

Asus customer support isn't the best around, but if you buy from a reputable source, I'm sure you'll be able to return it or get a refund for a faulty product.

Plus there's a years warranty on the product right?

Hope you get sorted dude!

IT Student | Gamer | PC Enthusiast | Life Liver

its TN

$700 for TN + 144Hz + 1440p + G-Sync, or $700 for IPS + 165Hz + 1440p + G-Sync... Yea, no, no TN. And yes, 165Hz includes the new batches of XB270HU. I've been happy enough with the panel lottery that I'd buy another IPS without worry, of which currently would be the 271HU.

$700 for TN + 144Hz + 1440p + G-Sync, or $700 for IPS + 165Hz + 1440p + G-Sync... Yea, no, no TN. And yes, 165Hz includes the new batches of XB270HU. I've been happy enough with the panel lottery that I'd buy another IPS without worry, of which currently would be the 271HU.

so which monitor would you go with?

Hey every 1 

glad to see your respones

it was like 5 -6years ago when i used IPS so i forgot how "good" it is

anyway im waiting for files by email that i need fill and send back to get my  full refund - hope to get those files tomorrow and push things to get my money asap

now after doing some research i found out that the new ACER got much less problems then both asus and the old model  . but i still need to ask my brother (he works with most of the distributors) which company/lab gives the support in my country. beside that no 1 selling that model so i have to wait for it to arrive or try get it from amazon

now about the DELL - i must say few things . 

1.people reviews telling that the monitor colors are amazing and the viewing angels for a TN panel are kinda good - so dont "ignore" it just because its TN . yes its TN but good one!

2.it looks amazing and elegant . no "kiddy gamer" style . but a grownup elegant look which i like the best from all the monitors that we have to choose from

so now my options came down to this > DELL S2716DG and ACER XB271HU - both around the same price . but i will check which one i can get and which lab/company gives the support

for example i found out that AOC use the same repair lab as ASUS so its a NONOOOO to me :) and i would avoid there monitors just because that.

i will keep you updated once i get my money back which will lead to a new monitor order that i will place right away

right now im using my 40' 60HZ samsung tv which runs COD BO3 kinda good ( i almost win every game first place) so it might be suck not having a gaming monitor that can handle games but i like the idea that when i will get my new monitor i will be amazed because i already forgot how gsync /144hz feels :D 

thx

Fractal Design Define R5~ Asus Maximus VII HERO~ i7-4790k@ 4.7 GHz. ~ GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming ~ 16 GB Kingston HyperX 2400 HZ. ~ Samsung 850EVO 1TB SSD ~ Asus CD/DVD reader/writer ~ Coolermaster V Series 1000W~ Noctua NH-D15+ Noctua NH-A14 FLX x3-   BenQ's XL2420G Monitor  - Steelseries APEX M800 / Zowie EC2-A / Zowie G-SR