3rd Party firmware on Netgear routers, is it possible?

Ethnod
Go to solution Solved by smokincola,

Yep it is possible but best to do research in advance to find out if there is a compatible firmware for your router of choice. I think there's a mod site dedicated to it somewhere.

So I was wondering, is it possible to wipe a router of its firmware and install better 3rd party stuff?

I am not going in to specifics yet tbh as I am looking at other things also I am just wondering if its a runner at all. I know that there will be exceptions and it will depend on the routers and the firmware in question etc etc etc but I am just wondering, in principle, is it possible give the right router and the right firmware?

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Yep it is possible but best to do research in advance to find out if there is a compatible firmware for your router of choice. I think there's a mod site dedicated to it somewhere.

Perfect, I'll do the research and figure it out from there.

Thanks

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly