Featured Build Logs #004 - Voting Thread

Whaler_99

Featured Build Logs #003 - Voting

Submission thread can be found here.

NOTE: You can vote for more than one build!

Eligible Builds

Submissions in violation of any of the rules, or which did not
adhere to the template, are not eligible for voting and will therefore
not be making an appearance in this thread.

1 - Only submit your own build log. You cannot submit if you have won in the past three months.

2 - Your build must be completed. Do not submit "In Progress" builds.
3 - Description cap of 200 words.
4 - Do not include specs, please have a detailed list of specs in your actual Build Log thread.

Additionally, we reserve the right to not accept submissions for other reasons.

Entrants:

ClownFace1511

Stefan1024

Deblow

TheProfosist

p0Pe

Necrodead

Darkmatter35

darwin1859

MrPiejean

XYUNEED

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Forum ID: ClownFace1511
Build Title: Project: Ravage
Description: Project: Ravage is a custom designed and built watercooled computer table from scratch. This was my first time watercooling and being only 17 years old it was challenging but the final results are amazing. I made this table at school for my timber major work and its final mark will go towards my final school result.

5PHdtFz.jpg

Forum ID: Stefan1024

Build Title: The silent cube
Thread URL: http://linustechtips...ng-to-the-limit
Description: Yes the design is totally dictated by the cooling, but that doesn't mean it has to be ugly  ;)  And yes, all 500 watts kicked out by the system are cooled passive, and no, it does not overheat.
This build is an antipole to all these LED covered, hardline watercooled show systems. They look very nice, but you need sunglasses and headphones when using them. So I built my 50kg heavy black box that is totally inaudible and maintenance free, but has still a lot of compute power under the cover.
Ok, I have to admit I added one gimmick: I recover energy from the heat output of the GPUs with a thermoelectric generator to charge my smart-phone while gaming.

LsepPHE.jpg

Forum ID: Deblow

Build Title: Project Alternate

Description: This is my custom designed scratch build, mostly made of wood the desk is designed to fit my tastes & catch the natural light with its sharp angles & 2 pac paint, with & without the LEDs.
this has taken me the best part of the year to complete & im glad its all gone to plan, hope you also think its been worth all the time & effort  :)

A_0224a_zps9msqwb3v.jpg

Forum ID: TheProfosist

Build Title: ThePylon - Supporting the Future
Thread URL: http://linustechtips...ing-the-future/
Description:
Well its that time again, time for a new build log that is! This time we are looking at my HTPC/Server ThePylon. It has gone through many changes over the years and at one point was even two computers. This time however it made it over 3 years with out any significant changes, as its name suggests. Things were actually starting to go and be unstable. The 2TB Hitachi drives were still from shortly after the flooding in Thailand that screwed up the HDD market up until the recent year or so. All but one had failed and already been RMA'd once. The build in general needed an update.

ThePylon has always been the name of my server since its inception in an ancient all steel beige super tower (let me know if you get the reference  :P ). The 5.25in bays were compartmentalized from the motherboard and it actually had a tray for the mother board as well as a PSU compartment. It is the backbone of all of my data, essentially a huge file share. Back then I also had a separate PC acting as a HTPC for anime, movie, and music playback as well as recording TV and gaming. Both of these systems were on all the time so I felt the most efficient thing would be to combine them.

ThePylon%205.5%20-%20Log%2000%20-%200.1%

Forum ID: p0Pe
Build Title: HEX GEAR R40 - Engineering Statioon
Description: I needed a new workstation for myself, so I started a build with the idea of making a simple workstation that just had to get the job done. As most of my other mods, things quickly spiraled out of controll, and this ended up being one of the most complicated builds I have done to date, with a completely custom rear distributing watercooling plate, and a custom lasercut/engraved cable routing plate.

Gg37F5r.jpg

Forum ID: Necrodead

Build Title: Air 00
Thread URL: http://linustechtips...ed-build/page-5
Description: I really wanted to do something with the Air 240 from corsair, and so I started this build with no idea as to where it would end up. Now it's become quite the project and used way more of my time & money than I had originally thought! I don't have access to fancy tools, or loads of money to make an amazing case from scratch or have everything milled by a machine shop, so everything you see was done with a can of spray paint, a dremel and a heat gun. After hitting some bumps along the way, I have a computer I can truly call my own.

SNaGL1J.jpg

Forum ID: Darkmatter35

Build Title: Empirical
Description: My goal for this build was to elegantly design a computer in the Silverstone FT02. I made sure my cable and color management was pristine in order to create my dream pc!

kb63hj.jpg

Forum ID: darwin1859

Build Title: Project Erebus
Thread URL: http://linustechtips...s-x99-900d-h2o/
Description: After several months planning and work, Project Erebus has finally reached completion. The massive 900D houses a full rigid watercooling loop, with the dual D5 pumps and one of the radiators hidden away below the midplate, and a Coldzero kit giving a clean look in the top section. Erebus is an ancient Greek god of darkness, and I tried to capture that feeling with the theme for this build. The custom-sleeved cabling, sprayed fans and custom-made purple pastel coolant from Mayhems were all carefully designed to fit perfectly, set on the black background. Other mods include the black Plastidip I/O ports on the motherboard, and stealth 5.25" bay fan controller, which really complete the clean look.

zFMLRlb.jpg

Forum ID: MrPiejean

Build Title: Inox M10 v0.8
Thread URL: http://linustechtips...e-from-scratch/
Description: an updated version of the open air case I made from scratch last year, which I am now trying to produce and sell by funding the prototyping on indiegogo: https://www.indiegog...x-m10-pc-case#/

post-108943-0-47332700-1446757998_thumb.

Forum ID: XYUNEED
Build Title: Project The X Desk | The X Room
Description: This project started in 2012 from an old attic to a modern gaming cave. The whole desk is made out of wood with the tought of a watercooled system. You have 2 reservoirs in the middle and the main system. 2 rads on the outside legs and 2 in the inside legs, tubing and cables can be reached via doors inside the legspace. The desk is made for 2 fully grown gamers great for a mini lan party. The desk has a red and black theme the room itself has a black and white theme fully covered by RGB LEDS so the whole room can change from color. I'm glad this project is "done" and I hope you guys are enjoying it I sure do!  :D

post-185075-0-90924600-1447011671_thumb.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Desk builds are always nice, some very well executed builds here. But i am only voting for the silent cube,

just because of how silly and over the top it is :P, just love it.

"The antithesis to all flashy watercooled builds"  :lol:

I wish they would do better coverage of these build spots on the wanshow though.. I do feel abit angry on

behalf of all the people involved in this, when they barely have, if at all even looked at the logs or even the

summary presentation before to the show. Then they just rush through it "ah, this is kinda nice.. next!.."

Yeah they are busy people, but come on... 

@Mod - Broken link to the Hex Gear R40 thread.

Man, this is really tough. From a technical standpoint I want to vote for the silent cube, It's amazing engineering. But from an aesthetic standpoint I want to vote for the Hex Gear R40; It's legitimately one of the cleanest builds I've ever seen. I also really dig the x-desk... damn, I dunno which to go with, they're all so good!

This is gonna be tight ;)

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

X Room has been my favorite build on here for awhile, have been following it since he started. My vote goes to him, since he didnt just do a PC, he made an entire gaming den, and did a damn good job.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

@Mod - Broken link to the Hex Gear R40 thread.

Man, this is really tough. From a technical standpoint I want to vote for the silent cube, It's amazing engineering. But from an aesthetic standpoint I want to vote for the Hex Gear R40; It's legitimately one of the cleanest builds I've ever seen. I also really dig the x-desk... damn, I dunno which to go with, they're all so good!

Thanks - link fixed.

When does the poll close?

Will be open for a while, want to get enough votes in for a decent selection.

• 3 weeks later...

Rip dark theme users

Yep, pretty much

also my vote goes to the purple one :)

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

So much talent this time around. It's glorious.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

• 2 weeks later...

Will be wrapping up this week, get your votes in.

I have no clue which to choose :) Deblow has made the most awesome desk (IMHO), and XYOUNEED has made an absolutely awesome room - my two favorites coming into this =)

All of the builds are awesome this time around, but there will be personal favorites. Exciting to see who will win in a week :D

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

I have no clue which to choose :) Deblow has made the most awesome desk (IMHO), and XYOUNEED has made an absolutely awesome room - my two favorites coming into this =)

All of the builds are awesome this time around, but there will be personal favorites. Exciting to see who will win in a week :D

Thanks for saying mate :)

I also like HEX GEAR R40, surprised it dont have more votes tbh, very clean build

Thanks for saying mate :)

I also like HEX GEAR R40, surprised it dont have more votes tbh, very clean build

I think it's mainly because the desk/room style competition is strong this time around. Picking a single system case would definitely be the HEX GEAR R40, but the desks are just so clean.. If I could, I would vote on these, but unfortunately I have to pick one :)

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

I think it's mainly because the desk/room style competition is strong this time around. Picking a single system case would definitely be the HEX GEAR R40, but the desks are just so clean.. If I could, I would vote on these, but unfortunately I have to pick one :)

It's great to see that deskbuilds and other projects are appreciated on this forum, on the others mine didn't even get a comment. :) But I think to make this fair they should separate big builds with smaller ones. Thanks :)

The X Desk«BuildLog»

.:Custom Watercooled Desk - Gaming Cave:.

Feel free to take a look, I would highly appreciate it.

It's great to see that deskbuilds and other projects are appreciated on this forum, on the others mine didn't even get a comment. :) But I think to make this fair they should separate big builds with smaller ones. Thanks :)

It is sort of unfair to very cool builds like the one p0pe has, that he is up against something much bigger. Bigger is not always better (lol) but it usually shows a lot more effort. Anyone can build a desk out of wood. Not anyone can make it look good with a PC inside. Anyone can build a PC in a case, p0pe took it to the next level of making strange concepts that take a lot more effort - which is awesome, but not as "WOW" as a room/desk build

Hard voting. All of it is really impressive!

Good luck guys. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

It is sort of unfair to very cool builds like the one p0pe has, that he is up against something much bigger. Bigger is not always better (lol) but it usually shows a lot more effort. Anyone can build a desk out of wood. Not anyone can make it look good with a PC inside. Anyone can build a PC in a case, p0pe took it to the next level of making strange concepts that take a lot more effort - which is awesome, but not as "WOW" as a room/desk build

I agree with most of what you said, this is why P0pe got one of my votes :)

however, you cant have looked at my build log, if you had you wouldn't say mine took less effort because its a desk build.

Its also unfair when hand build builds like mine are up against CNC or factory builds, but this is life :(

All the builds are built to the modders/builders plans and ideas and im sure everyone of them like myself are happy that what they wanted to make happen happened :D

I agree with most of what you said, this is why P0pe got one of my votes :)

however, you cant have looked at my build log, if you had you wouldn't say mine took less effort because its a desk build.

Its also unfair when hand build builds like mine are up against CNC or factory builds, but this is life :(

All the builds are built to the modders/builders plans and ideas and im sure everyone of them like myself are happy that what they wanted to make happen happened :D

Misunderstanding? - This is not what I meant to say, sorry if it looked like that.

I just reread my previous post, I can see how it would've been misunderstood.

I meant - a simple desk build takes no effort (as you can just buy a PC desk online), while what you've built shows massive effort and skill - but usually when a PC case (CNC'd ofc) goes up against a desk build or a room build, the smaller it is, the more the modder can go into details and really refine what he meant to do with the project.

I love p0pe's build because of the insane attention to detail and skill in terms of custom fabricating parts with weird angles and twists

I love your build because it is a desk with funky features (pun intended) with a super nice fit and finish. Hand build is just as competitive (IMHO) as CNC machining

I love XYOUNEED's build because of the pure scale, and because it fits into the room perfectly (since it is made for one room ever)

TL:DR/Conclusion - The smaller it is, the more details can be put everywhere - it's a preference, some people like simple, some people like certain things overdone.

Best of luck to everyone :)

So, this is now locked, I am working on the presentations for the next WAN show. Look for a new submissions thread to be up soon!