Can I fit an NZXT Kraken G10 on an R9 380?

Samartly

First post, please excuse any bad etiquette

So I bought this a little while ago (an XFX Radeon R9 380 4GB):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150730&cm_re=xfx_r9_380-_-14-150-730-_-Product

And I really want to put a Kraken G10 on it, so I can get some more use out of an old Corsair H100i, but I cannot find whether the R9 380 is compatible. I saw that almost all the R9 200 series is compatible, and I feel like if it's compatible with the 280, it would also be compatible with the 380. I don't want to assume anything, so plz halp.

the H100i doesnt fit the G10

but the G10 does fit your GPU

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150730&cm_re=xfx_r9_380-_-14-150-730-_-Product

And I really want to put a Kraken G10 on it, so I can get some more use out of an old Corsair H100i, but I cannot find whether the R9 380 is compatible. I saw that almost all the R9 200 series is compatible, and I feel like if it's compatible with the 280, it would also be compatible with the 380. I don't want to assume anything, so plz halp.

yes

@byalexandr he put a CM Sedion on a 290 and he might have ideas on how to best do this.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

The H100i won't fit the Kraken G10, however the G10 is pretty much universal with some exceptions (your card is not one of them). So you can fit the G10 on your card but you're going to have to get an Asetek cooler, as the H100i is a custom block design from Corsair. You could use some zip ties or even a custom bracket, however your best option is to sell or trade the H100i and get a Kraken X61 or a similar cooler with an Asetek mounting design. As @The_Stig mentioned, I have installed a cooler similar to the Seidon 120M on my R9 290 reference, however it is a rare case that the holes on the cooler matched up with the mounting holes on my card. I don't think that's the case with your card, especially with the H100i.

Follow your own topics btw, that way we don't have to quote you to get your attention.

• 3 months later...

i know this thread is old but i have the same card..@TronaldDump has if ever did waterdooled it please advice me on how to do it and what to buy..

newbie here :)