DayZ Standalone - Ready to pick sides?

HutchisonSorbo

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/08/23/dayz-standalone-held-up-by-core-network-architecture-no-longer-has-a-release-date/

"As Dean Hall explained to Joystiq this week at Gamescom. The delay is for a very good reason, however – the team are waiting for the game’s “core network architecture” to be completed, which is a fairly important aspect in a complex multiplayer title like DayZ."

The reason for the delay to the standalone release of DayZ has been explained by Rocket at Gamescom earlier in the week. I would like to make one thing very clear, I'm in the pool of people that don't mind waiting for the release. I´ll admit I'm a very impatient person and teasing a release in time for Christmas 2012 was bound to aggravate a community begging for a standalone release of the very popular survival shooter. However, it's clear that even in the last few episodes of the dev blogs the game is only starting to show signs of functionality so I´m glad it´s not yet been released. I think the DayZ mod has alot of problems that will carry over to the standalone, it's only a matter of time to see if they can be fixed. 

My question to the forum is what people want the standalone to include, Rocket has already taken into consideration many features people have suggested but it's always fun to come up with new wacky ideas  ^_^. Also I'm interested in seeing the ratio of Heroes and Bandits, which side are you going to pick when standalone is eventually released? Finally I´m also wondering if people might be interested in forming a group as the game is much more fun with other people. I´m not entirely sure which way I´m going to side and would like to hear justifications for both Heroes and Bandits  :)

Take care everyone, 

Ryan.

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

I have hundreds of hours into DayZ and Arma. I was looking forward to the standalone but now I don't care they have lost my attention. There was to many setbacks and delays, Rocket said it would be out spring this year.

I have hundreds of hours into DayZ and Arma. I was looking forward to the standalone but now I don't care they have lost my attention. There was to many setbacks and delays, Rocket said it would be out spring this year.

I understand where you´re coming from, 9 months is along time to wait especially with Rocket saying it´s going to come out every month and then falling through. It´s sad to hear that it´s completely turned you off  :(.

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

I understand where you´re coming from, 9 months is along time to wait especially with Rocket saying it´s going to come out every month and then falling through. It´s sad to hear that it´s completely turned you off  :(.I used to have 

I used to lead a massive organized group (12-20 active at any time), if the game gets enough interest and I like what I see we might become active again. I miss the old days being in such a large group the things you could do where amazing.

I used to lead a massive organized group (12-20 active at any time), if the game gets enough interest and I like what I see we might become active again. I miss the old days being in such a large group the things you could do where amazing.

Exactly the kind of thing I would love to get started, I have only played with 1 or 2 others at most and even then the adventures had were pretty spectacular.

A game is delayed until it comes out, but a bad game is bad forever. Someone of importance and complete relevance said that, cant for the life of me remember who. Sorry : /

I'll wait, I have no problem with devs delaying games, it almost always will result in a better game.

I'll probably be a bandit ; o (side note: i like being a ''bad guy''  in games when possible, not many games allow you to do that and really im tired of the ''you're the hero! go and save the day!'' thing), if i could get a little group going on, it would be even better! : D

A game is delayed until it comes out, but a bad game is bad forever. Someone of importance and complete relevance said that, cant for the life of me remember who. Sorry : /

I'll wait, I have no problem with devs delaying games, it almost always will result in a better game.

I'll probably be a bandit ; o (side note: i like being a ''bad guy''  in games when possible, not many games allow you to do that and really im tired of the ''you're the hero! go and save the day!'' thing), if i could get a little group going on, it would be even better! : D

Very good point, It's difficult... I want to kill but not just for the reason of killing, I think it needs to have a underlying objective for me to enjoy it. Whether it's people getting in the way at an area I need to get into or a lack of resources  :P I would love to get a group going... Feel free to add me on Steam if you like (NoTreble)

Very good point, It's difficult... I want to kill but not just for the reason of killing, I think it needs to have a underlying objective for me to enjoy it. Whether it's people getting in the way at an area I need to get into or a lack of resources  :P I would love to get a group going... Feel free to add me on Steam if you like (NoTreble)

Here's what I imagine a perfect session of Dayz would be like:

I haven't played Dayz, so i have no idea how it works, but from the videos i've seen the funnest way to play is to patrol an area, killing or allying with people in the area, establishing strongholds and defense perimeters, eventually (at least in the videos ive seen) your group will piss off another group which will then result in a battle over resources and vehicles! Wonderful : D during all that, i will be the hiding in the bushes picking people off, infiltrating strongholds  and looting corpses! Not the noblest of actions, but fun nonetheless xD

And if you want me to add you, don't just give me your name and expect me to search for it, link to your profile, searching for someones profile is too much work for me, ;p

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198038940708/

Edited by Legend932

Here's what I imagine a perfect session of Dayz would be like:

I haven't played Dayz, so i have no idea how it works, but from the videos i've seen the funnest way to play is to patrol an area, killing or allying with people in the area, establishing strongholds and defense perimeters, eventually (at least in the videos ive seen) your group will piss off another group which will then result in a battle over resources and vehicles! Wonderful : D during all that, i will be the hiding in the bushes picking people off, infiltrating strongholds  and looting corpses! Not the noblest of actions, but fun nonetheless xD

And if you want me to add you, don't just give me your name and expect me to search for it, link to your profile, searching for someones profile is too much work for me, ;p

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198038940708/

The funny thing is I had to go into Steam and search for your name to add you anyway haha.

With all the new additions to DayZ coming out there will be alot to do from base building and defense to full scale showdowns... it shall be grand  :D

Same opinion, and the thing is hes focusing so much on these little details that he forgets that we need hero progression or something like that because DayZ currently is a Deathmatch....i don't even care when he releases it its obvious eh sold the name to Bohemia and they don't want to invest millions into DayZ but instead into Arma 3....

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Been playing since initial release, been waiting a long time for standalone. As a new game dev rocket made a but load of mistakes with standalone and community relations.

What few dev blogs there have been were shit. He talks alot about the current game state yet i have no idea what point there at or what there working on. 

I really just want the standalone to run well, be as hacker free as possible, and to have clean as a whistle zoombies. Died so many pointless times in stupid ways to the zombies it just gets tiresome. 

Here's a recent videos of standalone from gamescom: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/145937-gamescom-august-2013-interviewsgameplay/