Just Cause 3 Suffers From Terrible Frame Rate and Load Times on the NextGen consoles

Mr_Troll

Just Cause 3 Struggles to Keep Frame Rate Steady on PlayStation 4 – Has Long Loading Times

2807308-jc3_screenshot_wingsuittown1_13_

Square Enix and Avalanche Studios are only a day away from rolling out what seems to be one of the most enjoyable and immersive sandboxes of the year. The upcoming sequel to 2010’s most critically acclaimed open world action-adventure video game is filled with chaos, explosions and lots of other stuff that Just Cause series is well known for. However, it looks like the game does have some issues that affect its performance on consoles.

The report comes from our folks over at TheGamesCabin, who claim to have gotten their hands on the PlayStation 4 version of Just Cause 3. It suggests that while Just Cause 3 is a fun game with beautiful in-game environments, its terrible loading times and frame rate agitates its performance. According to the report, each time you die in the game, you have to face the loading screen, of course, and while it may test your patience for around 30 seconds, you’ll only be annoyed to see it not go away sometimes until before a couple more minutes.

Note that the report says that the game was tested with and without the day one patch, which is supposed to improve its performance, but there was no apparent difference. Avalanche Studios had announced that Just Cause 3 will run at 1080p/30fps on PlayStation 4, but according to the site, “it rarely manages to maintain a steady refresh rate.” Frame rate drops whenever there is explosion or a lot of objects on the screen. The game also stutters when you are driving in-game vehicles, and what’s worse, even running around and rotating the camera makes the game’s frame rate struggle to keep steady.

The pre-patch and post-patch gameplay is the same, as said before. Maybe Avalanche Studios will sort things out with another big update, we will only know about that once the game is out and people start complaining. Once again, this was all about the PlayStation 4 version of the game, but the Xbox One version is no better, having issues of its own.

First Fallout. Now Just Cause 3. The dev that made Mad Max which was amazing. Even win 7 cores unlocked on both consoles. Are we seeing the begining of the end the consoles? Will the Pc version suffer the same fate? Hopefully not. Otherwise RIP. 

Source: http://www.thegamescabin.com/just-cause-3-load-times-frame-rate-ps4-bloody-awful/

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

I know video recordings do games no justice, but I wasn't seeing anything that should bog down performance in the game so much. Might be yet another badly optimized title.

For once we get the good port. Yay!

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

For once we get the good port. Yay!

Huzzah!

Whilst the PC version is smooth as butter. Where's your God now, consoles?

And lo, our Lord and saviour GabeN shall rain terrible plagues of low frame rates, poor loading times and generally underwhelming performance upon the peasants. Rejoice, for the salvation of the PCMR has come!

/s

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Well it seems indeed like the pc port is running good. I don't really care for consoles and with their weak power I'm not suprised

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I saw a gameplay video of this on PS4 and it looked really smooth, unless the demo was actually being played on... a PC! Say it ain't so!

Wouldn't put it past them.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Just need to overclock that APU inside of them consoles and given them faster sppeed ram :P

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

They did come out November 2013 so I will not call any console NextGen. They are FAR from it.

Thank you very much.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460; MOBO: ASRock H97M-PRO4; RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 @ 1600MHz; SSD: A-Data SP600 128GB; HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB; GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB; PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W; Case: Thermaltake Core V21 w/ AF140 blue LED fan (exhaust); Monitor: Acer H226HQLBid 21.5" 60Hz 5ms IPS (GTG) HDMI

My friend was playing it on pc last night and it looked fine, he's got like a 4790 and a 980

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Just Cause 3 Struggles to Keep Frame Rate Steady on PlayStation 4 – Has Long Loading Times

-snip-

First Fallout. Now Just Cause 3. The dev that made Mad Max which was amazing. Even win 7 cores unlocked on both consoles. Are we seeing the begining of the end the consoles? Will the Pc version suffer the same fate? Hopefully not. Otherwise RIP. 

Source: http://www.thegamescabin.com/just-cause-3-load-times-frame-rate-ps4-bloody-awful/

As @OfficialJsP stated, they aren't "Next Gen" consoles anymore. They are "current gen". The Generation has already arrived, and has been here for a while. At this point, the "next gen" consoles are whatever will end up being the PS5 and XBTwo.

OT: Seems to be a mixture of two things:

1. Poor optimizations. More performance patches should help with the frame drops.

2. Devs trying to do too much on the Console Version.

Will this be the death of the consoles? Lol. No. As much as we dislike them, many PC gamers are getting by with even worse hardware. We might see this generation end sooner than the last did (Which lasted way too long to begin with) though. I personally expect the next gen consoles will show up after 4 or 5 years from the release of the PS4/XBO. Remember that they've been out for two years already. I could see them being replaced with newer, more powerful consoles in about another two years. I think they would be able to hang on for at least that much longer.

The PS4 and Xbox One stopped being "Next Generation" the exact nanosecond that the first unit was sold!

Agreed. They've been out for two years. They are "current gen", not "next gen".

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I know video recordings do games no justice, but I wasn't seeing anything that should bog down performance in the game so much. Might be yet another badly optimized title.

I think its a the physics. That mostly goes on the cpu and those things are very weak in the consoles. Devs have complained before about the cpus holding them back.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

I think its a the physics. That mostly goes on the cpu and those things are very weak in the consoles. Devs have complained before about the cpus holding them back.

I mean even on the PC too. Might just be the draw distance though now that I think about it. Dying Light has a similar issue.

"Next gen" apparently can't run games at 1080p 60fps without the game looking like it's from 2007.

Next gen never existed. It was last gen from the moment the things got on the drawing board.

Ye ole' train

Then why keep developing for a platform that doesn't give the devs what they want?

Ye ole' train

Then why keep developing for a platform that doesn't give the devs what they want?

Cuz the publishing company still makes a shit ton of money. That's all that matters.

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

I mean even on the PC too. Might just be the draw distance though now that I think about it. Dying Light has a similar issue.

The pc is apparently much better then the consoles in this game though. TB was playing it and seem to enjoy it quite a bit. He might still tear it a new one in the port report or wtf but I don't think those are out yet.

laptop