Improper grounding causes static noise?

Wiplive

Hello, I've purchased Corsair HS40 headset. The headphones themselves work really well and I'm happy with them. The problem is the microphone.

This is the first time I've had USB microphone but it doesn't happen on 3.5 mm jacks. Basically, there's huge static noise. It's impossible for me to be louder than the noise while talking. I've got a multimeter and I tested my PC case (It's Fractal Design Core 2300) and the voltage is 0.4 V. When I touch my PC case the thing stops, so is it because of the improper grounding?

I live in Latvia, 1980s USSR built 5 floor flat, and the electrical system probably sucks here. Is there anything I can do to it? Could it be my power supply? I have Corsair CX500 (Now don't go telling me I have to buy EVGA or SeaSonic, those brands are not sold in my country shops). I don't think it's my headsets fault because it works good enough on my laptop, there is some static but it's way less. Analog 3.5mm inputs work well.

Thanks!

Hello, I've purchased Corsair HS40 headset. The headphones themselves work really well and I'm happy with them. The problem is the microphone.

This is the first time I've had USB microphone but it doesn't happen on 3.5 mm jacks. Basically, there's huge static noise. It's impossible for me to be louder than the noise while talking. I've got a multimeter and I tested my PC case (It's Fractal Design Core 2300) and the voltage is 0.4 V. When I touch my PC case the thing stops, so is it because of the improper grounding?

I live in Latvia, 1980s USSR built 5 floor flat, and the electrical system probably sucks here. Is there anything I can do to it? Could it be my power supply? I have Corsair CX500 (Now don't go telling me I have to buy EVGA or SeaSonic, those brands are not sold in my country shops). I don't think it's my headsets fault because it works good enough on my laptop, there is some static but it's way less. Analog 3.5mm inputs work well.

Thanks!

does your wall sockets have two ground pins on the sides of the socket?(very visible) If not the socket has no separate ground.

if it does, this means your home has crappy grounding.

| i5 4690K 4,4Ghz | Gtx 680 Msi twin frozr Oc edition | Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 Gb | Asus Z97-A | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB| Samsung 840 EVO SSD 120GB | Fractal Design Integra 750 W | All gently placed with great fright inside a Fractal Design Define R4 |

| ProJect Head Box S USB with Hifiman HE-400's plugged in | Check profile page for more Audio shizzle(dizzle) |