I Linus'ed a monitor stand.

iamdarkyoshi

Lets continue the trend!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/477593-i-linused-a-pc-fan/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/495037-i-linused-a-router/

This time it is the stand for a monitor in my garage.

OZpGGcQ.jpg

It hangs upside down from the shelf above it.

fIUvBfw.jpg

I modified it so that the tension spring for the height adjust is upside down, and I also made it so the tilt works upside down. Swivel works as is.

q4f7av3.jpg

This is where my F@H rig lives, for now. I will use it as a research PC and music player, but I need a cable to go to the stereo on the other side of the garage first.

Should I continue the trend of things being Linus'ed? What things have you Linus'ed?

SNIP

I'm not gonna do it but how much did it cost and how many man hours? How much skill did this mod require?

CPU: i5 4690K @ Stock                GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX @ Stock      SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (OS and Drivers)     Headset: Audio-Technica M20X

Case: Corsair Obsidian 250D        RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB LP             HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB                                         Mouse: Logitech m185

OS: Windows 8.1 OEM                 PSU: Corsair RM650                                Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N Mini ITX                         Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K65 RGB

Wait up is this a vessel vid did I just get trolled lol?

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

I'm not gonna do it but how much did it cost and how many man hours? How much skill did this mod require?

I just took the plastic covers off of the stock stand, unscrewed the VESA mount and put the monitor on upside down, and then took the tension spring out and screwed it on the opposite side. Took about 20 min.

Should I continue the trend of things being Linus'ed? What things have you Linus'ed?

Yes you should, great stuff!

When compared to these, I've linus'ed nothing. Maybe my router fan cause they (2 in 2 years) kept burning up and smelling like a plastic factory.

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Doesn't seem Linusy enough.

Linus would have Taran 3D print an elaborate multi-part apparatus that would wrap around the shelf, and when that didn't work he'd drill holes and pot bolts through and secure them with a metal plate and nuts "for added security".

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs