Is it possible to assign programs to different Ethernet ports?

GS540

My motherboard has two Ethernet ports so this is why i think it might work

Main reasoning behind this is, I use a vpn called Spotflux to view the US version of netflix but it means everything else that connects to the internet has to go through that. Can i assign one Ethernet port to use this VPN but use the other Ethernet port as a regular one to play games and stuff like that. 

How are those 2 ports connected ? If you are just plugging them into the router it wont make much sense. Im not sure if you can set programs to use different interfaces, maybe something can be done with routes.

It can be done on a router level using static routes and some firewall stuff, but that's beyond what even DD-WRT can do.

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

How are those 2 ports connected ? If you are just plugging them into the router it wont make much sense. Im not sure if you can set programs to use different interfaces, maybe something can be done with routes.

It can be done on a router level using static routes and some firewall stuff, but that's beyond what even DD-WRT can do.

spotflux is an virtual nic

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Can you download an internet browser that you only use for netflix and set the internet proxy to the second nic's ip and run the vpn on the second. Then everything else will go on the first? Just a thought.

I had a motherboard like that before, but I never did it. But on my server that's co-located I have one nic connected right now and I am running VMware ESXi and I can create virtual nics for each virtual machine and assign any ip within my range to a nic. For instance I have two nic's on a server os, one runs email application and the other does a minecraft server. 

They are both connected to one router, when i done it with my laptop and pc it worked just fine. i don't see how it would be different.

Windows will only use one unless you have applications that leverage the extra interface, since it routes to the same place (your router) only one path is taken, its transparent to you and does not offer any advantages.

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

Can you download an internet browser that you only use for netflix and set the internet proxy to the second nic's ip and run the vpn on the second. Then everything else will go on the first? Just a thought.

I had a motherboard like that before, but I never did it. But on my server that's co-located I have one nic connected right now and I am running VMware ESXi and I can create virtual nics for each virtual machine and assign any ip within my range to a nic. For instance I have two nic's on a server os, one runs email application and the other does a minecraft server. 

Stupid question but how would I find the second nic's IP? 

win+r -> cmd -> ipconfig -all 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

no such thing as a stupid question. What Levent said would work if you have DHCP, but for a proxy you need the static ip. So you will have to set it static. 

Windows key + R

type in "ncpa.cpl"

you will need to know which is which nic. Easiest way is to plug one into the router and see which one connects. You will want to find "Local Area Connection 2"

Plug both in to the router. Then select the second nic by right clicking it and selecting "Status" then click "Details..." Make a note of the results.

Close the "Details..." dialog and click properties.

then open the "Internet Protocol Version 4" and enter the information you gathered before. In the internet browser then set the proxy to that IP from the details page. If you don't know how to set up a proxy then google "Proxy for Firefox" or your internet browser.

Then goto IPChicken.com in your main browser and the proxy one to test this. They Shouldn't be the same. And don't post them on here either.

You may need to restart.

Windows sucks for this sort of thing. A lot of Linux builds for programs that predominantly use the network (torrent programs) have the option to bind it to an IP address, so you can either set it to an IP address on the second interface, or do it at the router level (which I ended up doing since I had two internet connections but only the single NIC). If your program only utilizes the single port, then you can make rules to handle this.

no such thing as a stupid question. What Levent said would work if you have DHCP, but for a proxy you need the static ip. So you will have to set it static. 

Windows key + R

type in "ncpa.cpl"

you will need to know which is which nic. Easiest way is to plug one into the router and see which one connects. You will want to find "Local Area Connection 2"

Plug both in to the router. Then select the second nic by right clicking it and selecting "Status" then click "Details..." Make a note of the results.

Close the "Details..." dialog and click properties.

then open the "Internet Protocol Version 4" and enter the information you gathered before. In the internet browser then set the proxy to that IP from the details page. If you don't know how to set up a proxy then google "Proxy for Firefox" or your internet browser.

Then goto IPChicken.com in your main browser and the proxy one to test this. They Shouldn't be the same. And don't post them on here either.

You may need to restart.

Thanks for the reply. I have one small query though. what should i enter here http://gyazo.com/d4c6690858ffc3d1cdeadc2dd0b7c623 ? it looks an awful lot different to my network connection details. 

Thanks for the reply. I have one small query though. what should i enter here http://gyazo.com/d4c6690858ffc3d1cdeadc2dd0b7c623 ? it looks an awful lot different to my network connection details. 

IDK it looks like this idea doesn't work then. I might just say to donwload the "TOR Internet Browser" It's firefox with a proxy server in it.