Small 1155 budget build for a friend

ixi_your_face

1. Budget & Location

Around the area of £790 GBP

Scotland

2. Aim

Gaming, FPS' Minecraft, CS:GO, DAYZ, stuff like that

3. Monitors

He wants to be able to connect 2 monitors to the PC.

4. So far

So far i've decided to go for:

BitFenix Prodigy case

Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe Mobo

i5 3570k

GTX 650

4GB corsair vengance RAM

Corsair CX 600

Seagate Barracuda 2TB

H100i

and Noctua NF-F12s to replace the fans inside the case as well as the radiator fans.

that all comes in at £772 from Amazon

I'd like your guys' opinions on the build, and thoughts on how to maybe make it better for roughly the same cost.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

You're a beautiful person!

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

DayZ will slaughter that system.

I'd swap the H100i for a 212 Evo which will still give you an overclock of about 4.2 on that chip. That is if you're planning on overclocking, if not save about $200 and drop to a H77 chipset board and a non K processor.

With the money saved from the cooler downgrade, spend it on your GPU - DayZ gives graphics cards as well as CPU's a pounding when you're in places like the Cities especially Cherno as the game is horribly optimised with regards to the number of objects in the world.

If you don't decide to go with the cooler downgrade, don't bother with the Noctua fans. The Corsair SP's that come with the H100i are still pretty good and you need every cent you can find to spend on your GPU.

I'd swap the H100i for a 212 Evo which will still give you an overclock of about 4.2 on that chip. That is if you're planning on overclocking, if not save about $200 and drop to a H77 chipset board and a non K processor.

With the money saved from the cooler downgrade, spend it on your GPU - DayZ gives graphics cards as well as CPU's a pounding when you're in places like the Cities especially Cherno as the game is horribly optimised with regards to the number of objects in the world.

If you don't decide to go with the cooler downgrade, don't bother with the Noctua fans. The Corsair SP's that come with the H100i are still pretty good and you need every cent you can find to spend on your GPU.

My old GTS 450 ran dayz perfectly fine. And the person who has it now has no difficulty playing it with me on his i5 machine, and I'm going for a small, compact but nice open type build, nothing over the CPU area, nice routing, and preferably nice under-volted fans

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I've tried with both a 9600GT and a 650TI and I was dipping to 15 frames in the cities. Just saying...

Are you sure? i mean, i could understand that if you were recording or something, but that really isn't right.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Nope - no recording. Huge ammounts of objects in the world. That's why I don't know if you've seen them but the like graphics glitches where there's 3D lines all over your screen - that's the server tripping out over too many objects.

I've genuinely never had any issues with Dayz, other than trying to find a server with a decent ping that my friend that now has my GTS 450 and i to play on

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

DayZ is a poorly designed mod for a poorly designed game. If your not overclocking H77 and non K. Swap out the cooler. Get a better GPU and many a SSD.

\

Fractal Design Define R4

Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo

Intel 3570k

MSI Z77A-G55

Kingston Hyper-X 3k 120Gb SSD

Kingston HyperX Beast 2133 Mhz 2x4Gb kit (2 off 16 Gb total)

Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm Sata 6 Gbps

XFX HD 7770 1Gb

XFX Pro 550/650 Watt PSU

I drop below 30fps with my 3570k and 7950, very rarely but it does happen.

The H100i a bit of an overkill for a budget build, i would recommend either a Antec kuhler 620 since it has worked well for me with my basic over clock. Also i would probably just leave the stock case fans in the case and upgrade them at a later date, and instead get a better graphics card with the money saved from the cooler and the case fans.

As For multi monitor you may want to upgrade to either a 650ti or better yet a 7850, however they do cost more then the standard gtx 650

Fractal Design Define R4

Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo

Intel 3570k

MSI Z77A-G55

Kingston Hyper-X 3k 120Gb SSD

Kingston HyperX Beast 2133 Mhz 2x4Gb kit (2 off 16 Gb total)

Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm Sata 6 Gbps

XFX HD 7770 1Gb

XFX Pro 550/650 Watt PSU

I'm going for a small form factor, so an ATX is out of the question.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

The H100i a bit of an overkill for a budget build, i would recommend either a Antec kuhler 620 since it has worked well for me with my basic over clock. Also i would probably just leave the stock case fans in the case and upgrade them at a later date, and instead get a better graphics card with the money saved from the cooler and the case fans.

As For multi monitor you may want to upgrade to either a 650ti or better yet a 7850, however they do cost more then the standard gtx 650

Probably, i've made quite a few changes in the past few days, including most of what you've said

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

DayZ is a poorly designed mod for a poorly designed game. If your not overclocking H77 and non K. Swap out the cooler. Get a better GPU and many a SSD.
+1 for SSD boot/game drive