Please help, i cannot get into my bios.

Gnomercy
Go to solution Solved by Hoppa,

Hmm... actually you could have probably left them in, just used the motherboard as the video out  :lol: haha... but sometimes it doesn't work if you have them in because it will prefer them over the motherboard gpu.

OK... so install the OS

After that, turn off your computer, put GPUs back in (You could probably leave the HDMI plugged into the motherboard)

Install NVIDIA drivers from their site

Then you can use your GPUs

So i have recently finished building my PC and when i turned it on al of the fans spun up and all of the lights went on except it said A2 on the error indicator this means IDE detect. ( I own a maximus 6 hero). Seeing nothing on my monitor still (i have SLI 760s connected via HDMI) i unplugged the SSD (64 gb adata sx900) and booted with my HDD (wd 1tb black) only. The indicator changed from A2 to A3 or IDE initialization.

Please help i do not know where to go from here!

You need to have your SSD set to AHCI mode instead of IDE

After that is done, format the SSD and re-install your OS.

EDIT: dry pressing 'delete' or 'F2' when booting up. (ALOT)

Also don't use HDMI for getting into bios, sometimes it doesn't show the post or bios screen.

Use the DVI plug or a converter that goes from DVI to your HDMI.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

How do i set it to AHCI and i haven't even installed my OS yet.

How do i set it to AHCI and i haven't even installed my OS yet.

Refresh this page I edited the post.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

EDIT: dry pressing 'delete' or 'F2' when booting up. (ALOT)

Also don't use HDMI for getting into bios, sometimes it doesn't show the post or bios screen.

Use the DVI plug or a converter that goes from DVI to your HDMI.

Should i put my OS disk into the disc drive, my graphics cards have dual link dvi, display port and HDMI. The monitor only came with an hdmi and a blue cable that looked like DVI except smaller which my graphics cards do not support.

Should i put my OS disk into the disc drive, my graphics cards have dual link dvi, display port and HDMI. The monitor only came with an hdmi and a blue cable that looked like DVI except smaller which my graphics cards do not support.

That blue cable is a VGA cable (analogue) unless you have a converter that converts it to DVI (white) then you can't use it.

Does you motherboard have a DVI or HDMI port on it?

If it does, remove your graphics card and plug your monitor into your motherboard. (you might not have to remove your GPU)

*I tend to edit my posts so I don't double post.*

What I want you to try to do is to get a post (black screen white writing stuff.... you don't even need a HDD or anything connected)

That blue cable is a VGA cable (analogue) unless you have a converter that converts it to DVI (white) then you can't use it.

Does you motherboard have a DVI or HDMI port on it?

If it does, remove your graphics card and plug your monitor into your motherboard.

Yeah i considered trying it without the GPUs first but i guess i got overexcited. I am going to do that now BRB.

Yeah i considered trying it without the GPUs first but i guess i got overexcited. I am going to do that now BRB.

HAHA yes we all get over excited when dealing with new computers, just be patient  :lol:

HAHA yes we all get over excited when dealing with new computers, just be patient  :lol:

So i took both GPUs out and it worked, i got into my bios however this was meant to be a hardcore gaming rig... so when would be a safe time to put them back in?

Hmm... actually you could have probably left them in, just used the motherboard as the video out  :lol: haha... but sometimes it doesn't work if you have them in because it will prefer them over the motherboard gpu.

OK... so install the OS

After that, turn off your computer, put GPUs back in (You could probably leave the HDMI plugged into the motherboard)

OK... so install the OS

Ok one more thing, i just plugged in my WD black hdd from a complete shutdown, and only the adata ssd shows up in the bios, how can i remedy this?

Ok one more thing, i just plugged in my WD black hdd from a complete shutdown, and only the adata ssd shows up in the bios, how can i remedy this?

Do you need it to install your OS on?

If you don't then don't worry about it, just install it on your SSD and then your OS will detect your HDD.

When you put you OS disk in, it should have a selection of drives that you can install the OS on. (your HDD should be listed there)

It is safe to disconnect a HDD while the system is still running. (BUT ONLY THE SATA CABLE NOT THE POWER CABLE) so if you need to... then disconnect it and reconnect it while in the bios and see if anything happens.

Do you need it to install your OS on?

If you don't then don't worry about it, just install it on your SSD and then your OS will detect your HDD.

When you put you OS disk in, it should have a selection of drives that you can install the OS on. (your HDD should be listed there)

It is safe to disconnect a HDD while the system is still running. (BUT ONLY THE SATA CABLE NOT THE POWER CABLE) so if you need to... then disconnect it and reconnect it while in the bios and see if anything happens.

Ok thank you i cannot tell you how much strife you have saved me thanks again and i will give a a quickie update when i have everything up and running.

Ok thank you i cannot tell you how much strife you have saved me thanks again and i will give a a quickie update when i have everything up and running.

lol no worries! glad to be of assistance.

I should still be online when your OS installs in case you need any more help  :)

lol no worries! glad to be of assistance.

I should still be online when your OS installs in case you need any more help  :)

Alright thanks, i am having some trouble i dont know how to install the OS from my BIOS, should i put in the included support disc first, haha i dont even know how to get that up either, lol all this research and i feel like a noob.

Alright thanks, i am having some trouble i dont know how to install the OS from my BIOS, should i put in the included support disc first, haha i dont even know how to get that up either, lol all this research and i feel like a noob.

lol it's ok lots of people get stuck trying to load their OS

In your bios try to look for boot priority or boot menu or boot first device... something like that

You will have to change the 1st boot item to your cd drive (there might be a way to access the boot menu when you first start the computer. (might be like 'page up' or something - it will tell you))

Once you have selected your cd drive to boot from first (make sure you save and exit), then turn off your computer and turn it back on.

A message will appear - "press any key to boot from disk"

then just follow the instructions.

*Make sure your Windows OS disk is inside the CD drive

lol it's ok lots of people get stuck trying to load their OS

In your bios try to look for boot priority or boot menu or boot first device... something like that

You will have to change the 1st boot item to your cd drive (there might be a way to access the boot menu when you first start the computer. (might be like 'page up' or something - it will tell you))

Once you have selected your cd drive to boot from first (make sure you save and exit), then turn off your computer and turn it back on.

A message will appear - "press any key to boot from disk"

then just follow the instructions.

*Make sure your Windows OS disk is inside the CD drive

Ok i have installed windows i followed all of your instructions but when the PC shuts down i turn it back on and it goes to the windoows logo with a loading symbol, then it just says HDMI no signal and the screen turns black, any suggestions.

Ok i have installed windows i followed all of your instructions but when the PC shuts down i turn it back on and it goes to the windoows logo with a loading symbol, then it just says HDMI no signal and the screen turns black, any suggestions.

oh... is it windows 8?

oh... is it windows 8?

Yes it is windows 8 but i never get past the first loading screen, but i think i know what i did wrong just a sec.

EDIT, after trying to install multiple times and failing i have wiped the ssd and now it says i cannot install on any of the hard drives something about having an MBR partition and needing a GPT partition WTF. lol

keep it on!

it's still configuring stuff

I had a black screen on my media computer for like 10-15minutes before it started to set up

EDIT: You should be able to see your cursor? I think

EDIT 2: If you're stuck try changing your 1st boot device back to SSD

Ok so this is what it does, it first shoes the pre-screen with the ROG logo like always, then it shoes the windows 8 logo and the swirling little loading thing, then it flashes this screen where you can select two different versions of windows 8, it is only up there for less than a second before it shoes the same windows loading screen i mentioned before,  and right before it fades to black it says readying devices and then it goes completely black by flashing the hdmi no signal, and the screen goes into "sleep" mode, idk why.

then it flashes this screen where you can select two different versions of windows 8

What do you mean by that?

Have you taken the disk out the CD drive?

What do you mean by that?

Have you taken the disk out the CD drive?

not yet, should i take the disc out then reset the PC?

it flashes like it is a light blue screen with two small windows 8 symbols and the have some words next to them it goes away very fast.

yer take it out, restart the computer.