Post your milestones, ranking, etc...

Message added by SansVarnic

Please go to the following link if you are requesting for a F@H or BOINC Badge

FAH and BOINC Badge Request

Just Hit 100 mill points, should break the top 500 in the next day or 2. Not a bad start to the week.

Folders during the LTT spring event:

I MUS FOLD ALL THE WU'S TO GET THE MOST PPD TO INCREASE MY RANK BECAUSE I AM BATTLING FOR SUPREMACY IN MY CURRENT TOP NUMBERED BRACKET THAT I MIGHT HAVE A DECENT SHOT AT WINNING A COOL PRIZE AND ALSO FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS I SHALL SEND MEMES TO MY OPPONENTS TAUNTING THEM AS I SLOWLY EDGE CLOSE TO OVERTAKING POINT IN A SHOW OF SUPREMACY AND MIGHT

Me:

Guys look my graph looks like a skiing hill :) 

image.thumb.png.58dcfa6c8b869f4556fd343b2fc16841.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I like nice even numbers

Two months until I double my current points, but only halfway to the next badge lol

FoldingAtHome-wus-certificate-130159.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

With the novelty of the whole COVID-19 wearing off, fewer people are participating in the F@H effort than a few months ago. However, those that are left (including me) have buckled down and are cranking out more points than ever, averaging around 36 trillion points or 1.5 million Work Units per day. What that adds up to in petaflops or super computer equivalents, I am not sure, but can say with some confidence "a LOT"...

I have retired all of my older Folding machines (Socket 771/775 boxes) and have ceased all CPU folding, as it just is too inefficient and makes too much heat, and I have added several GPUs (a pair of GTX 970s) and am looking to add one more shortly (a GTX 1070ti, most likely), which would put my production up to over 1.5 million points per day. All of these reside in various Socket 1366 machines of roughly 2012-vintage, all running hex-core Zeons (not that this matters all that much Folding purposes any more...)

I should have my F@H Linus Tech Tips Team Silver (25 million point) certificate by Thursday or so. Only 75 million more to go (!) to get my Gold. 1f642.png

fold.jpg

Broke into the top 100!

image.png.4a045484da670f71d9fa27bc286416f6.png

On 6/30/2020 at 9:07 AM, bullet308 said:

With the novelty of the whole COVID-19 wearing off, fewer people are participating in the F@H effort than a few months ago. However, those that are left (including me) have buckled down and are cranking out more points than ever, averaging around 36 trillion points or 1.5 million Work Units per day. What that adds up to in petaflops or super computer equivalents, I am not sure, but can say with some confidence "a LOT"...

It's crazy how some people think COVID is wearing off...

5 hours ago, barkydoggo said:

Broke into the top 100!

image.png.4a045484da670f71d9fa27bc286416f6.png

It's crazy how some people think COVID is wearing off...

And this is just the beginning, in a few months, it will be much much worse than in early 2020. Only because it's not main-stream media anymore, doesn't mean it ain't spreading like hell.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

Oh, COVID-19 itself is going nowhere anytime soon. People here in the US seem determined to help spread it as far and as widely as possible. The only thing fading with COVID-19 is the novelty of it being among us and the novelty of folding proteins to try and cure it, hence the vast number of inactive users that are accumulating like arterial plaque in the folding world. 3/4 of the people that were folding back in April are inactive now. Personally, I am doubling and redoubling my efforts as we get deeper into this thing, since a vaccine or something along those lines is the only thing that is going to help us shake it anytime soon. Next, probably a GTX 1080 or something in that class.

In the top 500 since yesterday ☺️

FrankNX01_Top500.thumb.png.c5d4db95beafd0bbfdd644d0ece9cb13.png

Maximum speed ahead! :)  Next goal 5000 WUs 

Oh! And in the Top 30 for today (still early but...) 

FrankNX01_TopDay.thumb.png.b30c3e4da2759fc42089de6f0b3c74b0.png

16 hours ago, bullet308 said:

Oh, COVID-19 itself is going nowhere anytime soon. People here in the US seem determined to help spread it as far and as widely as possible. The only thing fading with COVID-19 is the novelty of it being among us and the novelty of folding proteins to try and cure it, hence the vast number of inactive users that are accumulating like arterial plaque in the folding world. 3/4 of the people that were folding back in April are inactive now. Personally, I am doubling and redoubling my efforts as we get deeper into this thing, since a vaccine or something along those lines is the only thing that is going to help us shake it anytime soon. Next, probably a GTX 1080 or something in that class.

Same here in my country, people really seem to like that COVID-19 that they keep sharing it with everyone...

I am looking into buying around 5M worth of PPD GPUs but current market is bad, I do not need those GPUs and 40C during the day tells me to wait.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

I am looking into buying around 5M worth of PPD GPUs but current market is bad, I do not need those GPUs and 40C during the day tells me to wait.

We have not gotten that hot here yet, but it is inevitable. That is a big part of why I gave up on CPU folding altogether.

My wife fronted me some money as an early birthday present, and I ordered a GTX 1070 today. That, combined with my two GTX 970s and my old GTX 750ti should give me something around 1.7 million PPD. That will just have to do for now.  From what I am told, I can even use these things to play games!  🙂

7D33C4E1-1FFE-4C9A-92BE-5602FBF4C8C9.thumb.jpeg.3f4cd5e70f3ecc73d571c5549104e83a.jpeg
I received my aio watercooling for my 5700 xt I'll try to install it tomorrow, it won't be faster but reducing the noise of that blower will be very nice 👍🏼. But the real muscle for now is the 2060 Super. I'm starting to wander if I should replace my 5700 xt by another RTX card 🤔 too bad the Radeon card look nicer... 

We have a new rodarkone awakening... watch out for tylerjthomas9 he started yesterday but he's hitting 13M per day so already ... 😬 

That is good for the team but scary for us "slower" guys :D 

I've been folding since March and am up to 8 machines folding 24 hours a day now, all of them older PCs that were sitting in storage gathering dust. I'm at 8 million points now and hit about 100,000-150,000 (approx) points per day. I just raided my Mom's place and took her old desktop and an old work laptop to add to my folding set up. I figure if they're just gathering dust, might as well put them to work. I'm so glad I don't pay the electricity bill!

honestwork.jpg

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

15 hours ago, YellowJersey said:

I've been folding since March and am up to 8 machines folding 24 hours a day now, all of them older PCs that were sitting in storage gathering dust. I'm at 8 million points now and hit about 100,000-150,000 (approx) points per day. I just raided my Mom's place and took her old desktop and an old work laptop to add to my folding set up. I figure if they're just gathering dust, might as well put them to work. I'm so glad I don't pay the electricity bill!

I imagine that is how most people here started: with just whatever was laying around, then whatever they could dig out of closets. I happen to have access to a lot of older server and workstation gear, so that is where I went next. Lots of old Xeon CPUs making lots of heat. Then, I discovered the joys of GPU folding and have come to focus exclusively on that. I suspect that some of the higher flyers in this world have either repurposed somebody else's server farm (and power bill) or have dug out their old mining rigs. I will be lucky to ever even break into the top 1000, given some of the folding capacity that people have developed here. But, I am happy to do what I can do. 🙂

so a  did a extra 10 million. and will finale take a break and work on boinc stuff for a bit.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

Reach Top 400 :) 

Top 500 - 2020/07/02

🥇100 Millions - 2020/06/27

50 Millions - 2020/05/25

Next goal at this pace:

1. Top 300 - 13 days
  2. Top 200 - 42 days
  3. 🎖️500 Millions - 134 days
  4. Top 100 - 205 days 
  5. 🏆1 Billion! 316 days 🥴

2020-07-09-FrankNX01-Top400.thumb.png.3fd3fc69c718a868c4ca6546a59a3d42.png

9 hours ago, LazyDev said:

Made it into the top 20 folders in the Folding at Home Linus Tech Tips team! Also note, how close I am to 19th.

Top 20 producers based on 24h avg* to be exact.

You are long way from top 20 folders in LTT team :) (as am I).

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats