Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xsilent(X)

Post your milestones, ranking, etc...

SansVarnic

Please go to the following link if you are requesting for a F@H or BOINC Badge

FAH and BOINC Badge Request

Message added by SansVarnic

Guys, I think I have super CPU here, 3.5M+ PPD, 0.70 secs TPF (yes that 700ms) I can complete 1 wu in about 70 secs?

Spoiler

supercpu2.png.d43b2f7becfbc036c2d368941ed3aa5a.png

I Think intel put some super power on their old CPU (10 years ago!!)

Spoiler

oldbuddy.png.fae1ed5d3b4e46827eae2aba6b0738bd.png

Of course its just another glitch in the matrix...

And this is the real performance, after re-adding CPU slot (restart FAHClient/windows just doesn't work)

Spoiler

normal.png.f1bbba01cbb13255f59a33c48b2ca5b6.png

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish. Stay Folding. Stay at home!

I'm really struggling to work out how to link my folding@home stats with BOINC. It says you need the same username and password as folding@home to link to your stats, but I have no password just a passkey and it's really not very obvious on the Boinc site how to do this.

Sorry to sound like a noob, but I'd like to link up to earn my badges as I've earned over 2,000,000 points for team Linus.

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Spawnholio said:

I'm really struggling to work out how to link my folding@home stats with BOINC.

What do you mean by that? You just want the badges, right?

Just go here -

And post a link to your BOINCStats account, and a SEPERATE one to your Folding@home stats page. The two don't need to be linked together. 

Edited by rkv_2401
Posted procedure

Desktop build : Ryzen 5 3600 w/ stock Wraith Stealth cooler | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 16GB DDR4-2400 Crucial | 3GB Zotac GTX 1060 Mini (O/C)

Laptop : Lenovo Yoga 3 14 - Core i7-5500U | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 256GB SSD | 2GB Geforce GT 940M

6 minutes ago, rkv_2401 said:

I'm really struggling to work out how to link my folding@home stats with BOINC.

This the second time someone has asked this already (cannot be coincidence)... Where are you guys reading such stuff and what have you misinterpreted, tell us so we can point someone to change their wording.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

50 minutes ago, Favebook said:

This the second time someone has asked this already (cannot be coincidence)... Where are you guys reading such stuff and what have you misinterpreted, tell us so we can point someone to change their wording.

I think the blue text at the top o' the page has a lotta people confused. 🤷‍♂️

Specifically:

The mass increase of users has also affected the F@H stats page, please use https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ to link your stats.

正直に生きる

一度きりの人生だから

18 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Specifically:

The mass increase of users has also affected the F@H stats page, please use https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ to link your stats.

How exactly does that confuse people? I am almost 100% sure that this is not the problem, there must be something and somewhere else.

"The mass increase of users has also affected the F@H stats page, please use https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ to link your stats."

That quote does not mention connecting F@H and BOINC.

However, I'd assume that problem is in this sentence:

DON'T FORGET TO GIVE YOUR FOLDING ID/ACCOUNT ON BOINCSTATS SO THAT WE CAN CROSS-CHECK!

But even there you can clearly see "/" between "Folding ID" and "Account on BoincStats".

"/" usually means "or"...

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

1 minute ago, Favebook said:

How exactly does that confuse people? I am almost 100% sure that this is not the problem, there must be something and somewhere else.

Ah, yep, my bad. Just double-checked my post, I read the https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com link as https://www.boincstats.com.

Mm, I need more sleep. 😅

正直に生きる

一度きりの人生だから

2 hours ago, Favebook said:

However, I'd assume that problem is in this sentence:

But even there you can clearly see "/" between "Folding ID" and "Account on BoincStats".

"/" usually means "or"...

Yep, that’s where I thought it stemmed from, too. 

Desktop build : Ryzen 5 3600 w/ stock Wraith Stealth cooler | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 16GB DDR4-2400 Crucial | 3GB Zotac GTX 1060 Mini (O/C)

Laptop : Lenovo Yoga 3 14 - Core i7-5500U | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 256GB SSD | 2GB Geforce GT 940M

4 hours ago, Favebook said:

3 hours ago, Eschew said:

Specifically:

3 hours ago, Favebook said:

27 minutes ago, rkv_2401 said:

Yep, that’s where I thought it stemmed from, too. 

Just updated the Blue Text and the OP in the Request thread. Hopefully that helps clarify things :) 

DON'T FORGET TO GIVE YOUR FOLDING ID AND/OR ACCOUNT ON BOINCSTATS SO THAT WE CAN VERIFY YOUR STATS!

The mass increase of users has also affected the F@H stats page, please use https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ to link your F@H stats.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Top 800. That was a lot faster than I thought it would be. Figured by now it would start getting orders of magnitude harder to get to the next n-hundred.image.png.ae0284c536f18a658a25745ff92b90ef.png

Been a little less than 3 weeks of helping with the F@H stuff. Now I'm at 15 million+ points and 300 work units completed. Seems that things have slowed down a TON this last week though. I've noticed on both my systems that it's hardly ever getting any GPU work units. I guess CPU work units are more important at the moment and do take longer to do, but doesn't help much with the point count.(5 million first week, 7 million second, 3 million third), but not much I can do about it. Anyway, let's see how long my systems can keep up 5 million or more a week average I guess. :D

FAH_Progress2.png

Started a few days over a month ago, sorta had a goal to break top 1000, and here I finally am.

image.png.7bf48a4b117821aceb9d60e996e3b837.png

Running with 2 boxes, one Ryzen 3700x with a Gigabyte RTX 2070, and my old box with a i5 3570k and a EVGA GTX 770

Honestly surprised I managed to break my goal, but the folding isn't done!

Finally broke 2000.  I've been running for about a month now, but silly me, I didn't have my 12 node farm keyed because my 3 email addresses kept on rejecting email verification (not even sent to junk mail).  I had to create a new email address and now I'm finally getting ~2-2.4M PPD.

image.thumb.png.9a5ba90949a3a306f5a6bdd998b0ba7f.png

Running 6 stand alone systems (850watts):

-i7 8700k OC'd @ 5.3ghz delidded + water cooled, no GPU

-i5 8250U laptop, no GPU

-i5 4760k OC'd, no GPU

-i5 4760k stock, no GPU

-3 530 mini pc, no GPU

-i3 2120T mini pc, no GPU

-Q6600 + GT730

+1 quad gaming unraid server (900 watts) w/ 4 GPUs and Ryzen 9 3950x OC'd @ 4.3ghz water cooled.

-GTX1080Ti + 8vcpu

-GTX1060 + 6vcpu

-RX570 + 4vcpu

-RX550 + 4vcpu

-F@H Docker image w/ 10vcpu

image.thumb.png.9e3b07a11aa05d120e3c2d0dda83d987.png

My electric bill is about $85 more per month now.  I've written a few automation scripts with remote management for remotely restarting clients using powershell invoke-command along with WMI querying for GPU/CPU loads.  This is helping me keep sane during this pandemic.

Laptop not pictured

IMG_1012.thumb.jpg.4e2c6c77e3d8999db07270cf5cf1bb18.jpg

Unraid server (wall mounted):

IMG_1013.thumb.jpg.06072bbe3cf0daba5a2da8fc1a27abdd.jpg

Side question, is there some list of ranks by PPD?  I'm just wondering what rank I'll end up after a few more weeks.

15 hours ago, ybryany said:

Finally broke 2000.  I've been running for about a month now, but silly me, I didn't have my 12 node farm keyed because my 3 email addresses kept on rejecting email verification (not even sent to junk mail).  I had to create a new email address and now I'm finally getting ~2-2.4M PPD.

image.thumb.png.9a5ba90949a3a306f5a6bdd998b0ba7f.png

Side question, is there some list of ranks by PPD?  I'm just wondering what rank I'll end up after a few more weeks.

You can sort EoC by PPD.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

8,108,172 (See stats)
8,095,472 go to Team LinusTechTips_Team's total of 250,955,773,794.

Your welcome.

This would be higher if power bill's were on hold for 3 months...…Meh.

and this 18:04:05:WARNING:WU00:FS01:Failed to get assignment from '18.218.241.186:80': No WUs available for this configuration
18:04:05:ERROR:WU00:FS01:Exception: Could not get an assignment

other than that have a happy quarantine and stay safe. :)

Untitled.png

Posting mainly because my history is so funny.  Started out with some 5 year old mid-to-low-range equipment (FX 8320 and a GTX 1050), then around April 15 I put together a nice new computer (Ryzen 7 3700X and a RTX 2080 Ti).  Took a few days earlier this week to get BOINC set up (which sucked up computing power until I shut it off), but now I'm switching back over to FAH until the BOINC event.  Hopefully I'll get that 25 million point badge beforehand :)

fah.PNG

#Muricaparrotgang

1 hour ago, funjump said:

Running basically just a 1070 and a 2080 ti ;D

Really?  With the Ti alone you should be getting well over 2m points per day (mine estimates nearly 3m ppd if I can keep it fed).  Are you just leaving it to churn or are you babysitting it to make sure it gets WU's regularly?  I don't know how many PPD the 1070 can manage, but you might want to look into getting the babysitter script that someone on these forums made if you really want to see how much you can do.  I suspect if you keep the WU's flowing you could handily top 3m ppd.  

#Muricaparrotgang

On 4/20/2020 at 3:51 AM, Caliber Mengsk said:

... but not much I can do about it. 

If you have the stomach for it, you can take the babysitter script for a spin.  It will supposedly let you nab work units a little quicker:

#Muricaparrotgang