Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xsilent(X)

Post your milestones, ranking, etc...

SansVarnic

Please go to the following link if you are requesting for a F@H or BOINC Badge

FAH and BOINC Badge Request

Message added by SansVarnic

When you've spent a small fortune on a 2nd 2080 Ti that's been on order for over a week, and its still 8 days from being delivered... additionally with a beefed up PSU and 7x industrial 3k RPM noctua fans ready to be swapped out for enough horse power that could give my PC wings to fly away like a drone.

Like come on, peoples lives are at risk here warehouse people, my 2nd GPU digital FAH contribution could bring about the cure to this entire corona epidemic!

I am a mere mortal electrician, need to do my part for all humanity!

Interesting fact is I live literally just a 15 minute drive away from that very warehouse/store, but obviously they're not allowing anyone to collect. Like, just let me come take it off the shelf by myself, I've got a face mask and rubber gloves..

5 hours ago, Eschew said:

Current Milestone: 4,000,000+ Total Points, 150+ WUs, Team Rank... 😏

6969.png.7d862ff3211aa0a67e23e622410e306a.png

*giggling*

Nice rank 😉

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

On 3/27/2020 at 9:14 AM, TVwazhere said:

Climbing the ranks gets exponentially harder the higher you climb and the longer everyone folds. There's a 100million point gap between me (Rank 30)  and @HrutkayMods (Rank 29)

image.thumb.png.f92ed586e883257df4e425cba2dca081.png

Also to break top 100 you must has 185million points. When I started folding (November 2018) that number was less than 100 Million, I was able to hit it around this time last year I think (Might have been April or May)

A lot has changed in a few years, I was in the top 20 for I believe 3 years. I got knocked out of the top 20 probably six months ago after my main folding rig died I just never got another system that folded like it did. We have so many excellent folders now with really nice high-end equipment it is truly hard to keep up but I have managed to jump up two spots again Back to 27th

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link] & [Link]

So ive not done any folding in about 5 years but saw the request for help on Covid. Anyway i have been running it for a day or so now am noticing it seems hard to get WU's, is this normal? CPU WU seem to be fine just GPU 🧐

Still chugging along, clawing my way up towards a million points...

Had to pull two of my workstations offline for a bit to try and "upgrade" the processors to make less heat and consume less power. Tried to increase my core count in one case but the machine didn't like the low-power hex-core I put in it and wouldn't boot. Might be a BIOS issue.

Something I have noticed...Compared to other peoples scores, my impression is that I am racking up points at a reasonable rate but my WU count is proportionally higher that most. Any explanation for this phenomena? Am I getting fed more but smaller WUs than average?

FoldingAtHome-wus-certificate-169333-1.jpg

Screenshot at 2020-04-12 19-07-13.png

On 4/12/2020 at 5:17 AM, HrutkayMods said:
Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f92ed586e883257df4e425cba2dca081.png

A lot has changed in a few years, I was in the top 20 for I believe 3 years. I got knocked out of the top 20 probably six months ago after my main folding rig died I just never got another system that folded like it did. We have so many excellent folders now with really nice high-end equipment it is truly hard to keep up but I have managed to jump up two spots again Back to 27th

@leadeater is still coming for that spot ;) 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 4/7/2020 at 12:15 PM, SansVarnic said:

Folding on your CPU will not garner much ppd whether it is Intel or AMD, makes no difference.

GPU's win the day on this one my friend. ;) 

On another note;

Back up and producing like a champ.

image.png.b9b20c5626aa5a58348c2748d02d9471.png

image.png.ae0f03904973de8577b57a1c0529501d.png

There there is not mutch for my RTX2080 and GTX1060 to do. Mostly it is waiting for work. My CPU 's is working all the time.

Grats for everyone for the good job!

Started folding just over  three weeks ago and got over 500 WUs today. :)

FoldingAtHome-wus-certificate-73026691.jpg

Best I could do so far.

fah.JPG

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled. So where the heck am I?

(Apologies to Robert Frost)