Post your milestones, ranking, etc...

Message added by SansVarnic

Please go to the following link if you are requesting for a F@H or BOINC Badge

FAH and BOINC Badge Request

image.png.42eba793863a709b07fa2f698a5fb328.png

It was a rocky start but now things seems under control ! 
Gonna try to reach 1000WUs and then scale back a little (well at one point projects will need their ressources 😋

BOINC - F@H

2 hours ago, SpooZk said:

Hi

My Computer at work and home are both running.

But since i am on intel the scores suck.

<snip>

Laptop @Work

<snip>

Gaming PC @Home

<snip>

Folding on your CPU will not garner much ppd whether it is Intel or AMD, makes no difference.

GPU's win the day on this one my friend. ;) 

On another note;

Back up and producing like a champ.

image.png.b9b20c5626aa5a58348c2748d02d9471.png

image.png.ae0f03904973de8577b57a1c0529501d.png

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I just broke the top 1000 people on LTT team page.Just started at the beginning of this event f this event.

3 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Folding on your CPU will not garner much ppd whether it is Intel or AMD, makes no difference.

GPU's win the day on this one my friend. ;) 

Yes, but some new WU are only available for CPU, and in the COVID-19 projects, a few were released in the last 7 days. 
https://foldingathome.org/2020/03/30/covid-19-free-energy-calculations/

We are excited to announce a new batch of small molecule screening simulations are now up and running on Folding@home! These simulations will help prioritize which molecules will be synthesized and assayed by the COVID Moonshot aiming to rapidly developing new therapies against the SARS-CoV-2 main viral protease.

Please note that these new projects can only be run on CPUs. They complement the many Folding@home COVID-19 projects that are already running on GPUs, and they allow everyone to join in to help in the fight against COVID-19.

If your main hope and personal priority is to see COVID-19 dealt with, from time to time, activating CPU will definetly help. I do, especially when my appartment is cold - two birds with one stone >:) 

Clawing my way slowly up the ladder running a bunch of old and odd hardware; my main Precision T3500 hex-core Xeon x5675, another hex-core Xeon HP Z400, this one an L5420, a  HP XW8600 dual X5450 Xeon workstation, all running an assortment of comparably vintage video cards. Add to these an old Dell Inspiron somebody gave me running an Athlon X2, an Optiplex 380 with a Core 2 Quad, and a first-gen i7 quad-core laptop, and last, but most certainly least, an Acer netbook running a Celeron N3050 (slow but steady wins the race, right?), all of them running wide-open 24/7.

What does all this buy me? Well, I am about to crawl my up into the top 25,000 on the LTT Team and the top 200,000 overall, so I figure I am probably pulling my weight, if not exactly setting the world on fire...

4.thumb.png.b8c621a151b36c383f991c79ca27d86d.png

2.png

3.png

I had notice that most the workload is more cpu then anything else.  I had also noticed that some the machines that I let do this get used more then others. It likes my ryzen 3700 /w 5700xt, My dell r610 with dual CPU E5649 @ 2.53GHz and then my intel 5820k(oc4.4 ghz) /w 1080 gpu.  Those machines pretty going none stop. folding @ home. I had to tweak 5820 overclock stabilize it . Had to add voltage to it.

Finally cracked the top 500 for the team last night. Already in the top 10K overall.

Hoping to reach 50 Million points today.

F@H    EOC

Sweet! Just broke the top 1000 range within LTT team standings! Up to that point the ranking increase was pretty quick but reaching that 1k mark seemed to slow down significantly. Now closing in on that 25Mil mark!

On 4/6/2020 at 2:49 PM, Caliber Mengsk said:

My milestone is that in the first week of folding I've gotten over 5 million points.

That said, I was using two systems (desktop and laptop) but still. I was actually hoping for at least 10 million since the two systems combined when working say around 2.5-2.8 million, but sadly a considerable amount of time they were just sitting there waiting for work units and finding none. Either way, I'd say that's a considerable amount for just two systems to do in that time span :D

FAH_Progress.png

EDIT: I also would like to mention these two systems have been my heater for the entire apartment for the past week as well. At one point I was up at 79f degrees, and I can promise that they use much less electricity than my heater, which seems to run constantly as well :P

I stumbled across someone who posted a config setting you can add that seems to ensure no wait time between WU's. Open up your F@H advanced control, select configure and then go to the expert tab and click +add under "Extra Client Options" and add the following:

Name: client-type

Value: advanced

Restart your client and you shouldn't have much if any wait between WU's.

Image for Reference:

FoldingAtHome_Advanced.jpg.a3be5368a36e97b31cd1e9fdf67f1f32.jpg

Just started last week. Keep pushing full at night on 3 PC´s and a Laptop.

At day, variations of light to middle folding on all depending on workloads i`m doing for myself.

Folding_1.JPG

🤟 compute the cure - emergency request folder 🚑

Stats: F@HBoinc

main system OC'd

| CPU: Intel i9 9900k | Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Formula | RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) 3466MHz Corsair Vengance RGB Pro | GPU: Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB |

| PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 1000W | Case: Fractal Define R6 | Cooler: Custom Loop | NvmE: Samsung 970 Pro 512GB + Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB + Samsung 860 QVO 1TB |

| Monitor: Asus Swift PG279Q + BenQ BL2420BT |

Laptop: Asus TUF PX505G | CPU: Intel i7 8750h | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) 2666MHz HyperX Impact | GPU: Geforce GTX 1060 6GB OC'd | NvmE: WDC 256GB (OEM) | SSD: Samsung 860 QVO 1TB |

2nd system (Wife) OC'd

| CPU: Intel i3 8350k | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z390-I | RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) 2666MHz T-Force Delta RGB White | GPU: Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 980 4GB |

| PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 550W | Case: NZXT H210 White | Cooler: Asus ROG Ryujin 240 | SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | Monitor: Acer XB270H + ACER Business B7 B277bmiprx |

3rd system (Surfdeck-TV)

| CPU: Ryzen 5 3400G | Motherboard: Asrock B450M-Pro4 | RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) 2933MHz HyperX Predator RGB | GPU: integr. Vega 11 | PSU: EVGA G2 750W |

| Case: MasterBox Q300L | Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Ltt Edition | NvmE: Corsair MP510 240GB |

On 4/6/2020 at 10:31 PM, Macaw2000 said:

My plan is to greatly scale back the clusters after the event. I have a pet project for making deep fakes and I want to use my aws spend towards that. 

🤔 Mmmh Seems a bit scary :D 

BOINC - F@H

So proud of my modest build!

image.png.4cf316c4729a6b113cc2290aff37a0e2.png

Tonight I just hit the 250 WUs milestone and over 9 mil points!

FoldingAtHome-wus-certificate-72701069.jpg

When you've spent a small fortune on a 2nd 2080 Ti that's been on order for over a week, and its still 8 days from being delivered... additionally with a beefed up PSU and 7x industrial 3k RPM noctua fans ready to be swapped out for enough horse power that could give my PC wings to fly away like a drone.

Like come on, peoples lives are at risk here warehouse people, my 2nd GPU digital FAH contribution could bring about the cure to this entire corona epidemic!

I am a mere mortal electrician, need to do my part for all humanity!

Interesting fact is I live literally just a 15 minute drive away from that very warehouse/store, but obviously they're not allowing anyone to collect. Like, just let me come take it off the shelf by myself, I've got a face mask and rubber gloves..

here is my progress so far I got on late to do this with  my second computer made from old spare parts. its not flashy but its a start folks.image.thumb.png.9dc249af767735706f8e6ac6d67bc361.png

Current Milestone: 4,000,000+ Total Points, 150+ WUs, Team Rank... 😏

6969.png.7d862ff3211aa0a67e23e622410e306a.png

*giggling*

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

5 hours ago, Eschew said:

Current Milestone: 4,000,000+ Total Points, 150+ WUs, Team Rank... 😏

6969.png.7d862ff3211aa0a67e23e622410e306a.png

*giggling*

Nice rank 😉

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz