Post your milestones, ranking, etc...

Message added by SansVarnic

Please go to the following link if you are requesting for a F@H or BOINC Badge

FAH and BOINC Badge Request

• 1 month later...

OK so I stopped contributing the LTT team for about a year [apologies] :(  Buuut I will be contributing again here soon. I recently updated my signature to show the upgrades I will be making about a week to my rig(s) and hopefully I will surpass people again, I was in the top 100 and I shall be there again ... :D 

Replaced my ASUS Turbo GTX 960 with a EVGA GTX 1080 and placing my 960 in a small box to continue its contributions from there.

As you can see below my 960 has done me proud :) 

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just passed the 100M mark tonight!  made it to 39th on the team!

Cpu: i5 4690K @4.5  / Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45   / Gpu: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+  / Cooler:  Air / Ram:  16 GB of stuff / PSU: an overkill one / Case:  cheap / Monitor: yep...  / Drives:  ssds

I just hit 5m after coming back to folding.

Can't wait to see what a 1080ti does

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

42 minutes ago, paps511 said:

I just hit 5m after coming back to folding.

Can't wait to see what a 1080ti does

Should be roughly the same as a Titan XP since in my experience folding scales with gaming performance and not raw compute (TFLOPs), and if it does, it should be in around 1.4M PPD

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

Contributing to LTT again as of today. Here I come top 50 mwaahahahahaha.

If all goes well I should be doing about 600k-750k a day.

Maybe one day in the future I may get me some 1080 Ti's to up the anti.  *shrugs*  For now it will be my EVGA 1080 to put to the task.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I probably bring a few of my GPUs over for a little while, once I get the rebuild done on the main rig.

I know I got 30mil over on this team at the moment.  Might bump up to 50mil when I do that then go back to home team.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

I broke 10,000 Work Units the other day :)

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]

Should hit or pass 20mil today.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

wow...you guys and your big boy gpus....

Here I was, thinking I was doing good at roughly 300k PPD...

Anyway, just topped 2.5mil, making my way into the top 1000 LTT contributors this weekend, hopefully.

On 3/17/2017 at 11:48 PM, Gargone77 said:

Anyway, just topped 2.5mil, making my way into the top 1000 LTT contributors this weekend, hopefully.

Every point counts.  Plus, don't feel bad.  I still remember back with GTX 580s that 100K points was consider awesome and Xeon and Opteron 2P and 4P rigs could beat GPUs on point output.

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

On 3/17/2017 at 11:48 PM, Gargone77 said:

Yeah I started my folding with about 3-6k/day folding with the Chrome Folding app at work as I did not have a gpu able to fold at home.

Then I moved up to folding off my gtx960m producing about  10-15k/day off my laptop, after that I moved up to a gtx960 producing 175k /day and then just very recently a 1080 getting 700k/day [still getting the kinks out to get full potential.

I have been folding almost 2 years now.

*edit

Getting close to my next badge! just waiting for the next update .....

Capture.JPG.c37d723703714be79dfe92fc2a21aac0.JPG

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just passed 4 million points :)

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

25 Million point milestone achieved .... 

@Whaler_99

@Ryan_Vickers

Capture.JPG.2f4abe8f71f2a3287eb5621477bf080e.JPG

*edit

Makes me a silver, hmmm silver member, silver folder .... silver perfection, my OCD has been satisfied.

So when I make 100million should I up my membership to Gold so as not to mess with my OCD? have to ponder on that.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

So I was thinking, is there a way to do a setup similar to what http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com does but do it in a sticky? 

I mean http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com is nice and all but the numbers are not always accurate and whatever algorithm they use to get the averages do not make much sense to me. For example the site just did their 3hr update and it does not reflect my current score nor does the 24 hr point average that was able to determine. This is not the first time I have noticed this.

Maybe I am asking a lot and obviously I am not the one able to conjour up a way to create this since my programming skills are no were near in existence .... I will just wallow off into a corner and cry now ... but maybe someone knows how to do this?

Just thought I would throw out that little thought and my frustration ... if I knew how to do it I could at least put together something to track my own progress at home at least. F@H does provide the api's to access the information at least. 

hmm...

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

8 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

So I was thinking, is there a way to do a setup similar to what http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com does but do it in a sticky? 

I mean http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com is nice and all but the numbers are not always accurate and whatever algorithm they use to get the averages do not make much sense to me. For example the site just did their 3hr update and it does not reflect my current score nor does the 24 hr point average that was able to determine. This is not the first time I have noticed this.

Maybe I am asking a lot and obviously I am not the one able to conjour up a way to create this since my programming skills are no were near in existence .... I will just wallow off into a corner and cry now ... but maybe someone knows how to do this?

Just thought I would throw out that little thought and my frustration ... if I knew how to do it I could at least put together something to track my own progress at home at least. F@H does provide the api's to access the information at least. 

hmm...

The guy from there has been running that site for quite a few years and uses a sql db to store all the data. It's pretty massive apparently. He doesn't do a lot himself, mostly just works with the data he gets from the Stanford stats servers. That's mostly where the issue is. They are pretty slow and between how often your client updates those servers and then how often he dumps the data from them (every three hours I think) and then running his scripts, some numbers do seem strange at times, but overall for me they have been pretty accurate.

The one thing to not base any your numbers on is the ETA and PPD in your client. Those are horribly inaccurate. :) You would need to review your logs for a 24 hour period checking submitted WU's and actual points awarded versus time worked, etc for each WU. 

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

15 hours ago, Whaler_99 said:

The guy from there has been running that site for quite a few years and uses a sql db to store all the data. It's pretty massive apparently. He doesn't do a lot himself, mostly just works with the data he gets from the Stanford stats servers. That's mostly where the issue is. They are pretty slow and between how often your client updates those servers and then how often he dumps the data from them (every three hours I think) and then running his scripts, some numbers do seem strange at times, but overall for me they have been pretty accurate.

The one thing to not base any your numbers on is the ETA and PPD in your client. Those are horribly inaccurate. :) You would need to review your logs for a 24 hour period checking submitted WU's and actual points awarded versus time worked, etc for each WU. 

I figured as much for the most part. Thanks :) 

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Yep, the client is inaccurate.  Reason I use HFM.NET to keep track.  Nice little program.

13 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

Yep, the client is inaccurate.  Reason I use HFM.NET to keep track.  Nice little program.

Strongly considering using HFM.net just need to get enough time off work to set it up, I'm sure its simple to get done but I just work 16hr/day 7 days a week.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Yay! 30milllion.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

• 4 weeks later...

Just broke 200Mil and I'm in the top 20 ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]

• 2 weeks later...

Yay! 40 Million! :D 

106th place!

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER