What is wrong with my computer?

Angryguy

I'm tired of this bullshit. It's a beast computer and this is happening. Alright I'll tell what the fuck is fucking up. For my language but this I seriously fucking annoying. So let's get started. My specs - i7 5820k, 16gb ram, GTX 980, 1TB Westral Digital, 256gb Samsung ssd, Corsair 750d. My cpu is water cooled and my gpu is air cooled. The computer has been acting werid. Nvidia fucking drivers has been crashing and yes I did update it to version 359.00 which is the current one at the moment. Sometime when I play games, my gpu turns off sort of. Like I don't see anything on the screen and my monitor says nothing is coming through but the led light is still on so. My fucking piece of shit hard drive. It crashes after 4 hours of gaming. The way I know is that Windows can't find it or my game crashes. I'd like to mention that I have not overclock anything so I'm running it stock speeds. This is fucking shit and I need to fix this soon please. Anyone and I mean ANYONE who knows how to fix this, please put it in the comment section or add me on steam and message me there. My steam id is angryguy126467

What are the temps and what PSU?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

By the way, gpu temps are 40-60c degrees but 60-70c degrees when playing the witcher 3. All my games run at 50-66 fps (I overclocked my monitor to 66hz)

Have you tried going back to older drivers that worked?

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

No I haven't trying to downgrade drivers but how would that help?

Psu is a 1000w

What do you see in the event viewer?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

so... based on the language used in your post, i'm pretty sure this is an issue in layer 8 - a classic case of pebcak.

generic piece of advice:

the more effort you put into your question, the more effort we put into answering

No I haven't trying to downgrade drivers but how would that help?

I have had many drivers cause issues, anything from the GPU to not be recognized (laptop) (PITA to fix BTW) to games crashing anywhere from on startup to halfway through a level. 

The strange thing is that these can be delayed and not happen when the drivers are installed. Still not sure why.

But hey, might as well give it a try. It has worked for me in the past, and is a good troubleshooting point to [help] diagnose if it is a software/OS issue or a hardware issue.

Be sure to revert to one you know worked.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

I fixed the driver issue (thank the lord). Now how do I fix my gpu turning off. It's not overheating nor am I stressing it a lot.

Ya know my friend had a similar problem where his gpu kept crashing. He fixed it by uninstalling a game called blade symphony. Im not shure if you have that game or if that fix will even work just thought it was worth mentioning.

I fixed the driver issue (thank the lord). Now how do I fix my gpu turning off. It's not overheating nor am I stressing it a lot.

So I take the GPU is still crashing?

Could it be use PSU? What brand is it? How old is it? Are all the cables in? 

01101100 01110110 01101100 00100000 00110101 00100000 01101101 01100001 01100111 01101001 01101011 01100001 01110010 01110000 

Is the gpu completely seated in the motherboard? Also, what version of Windows are we talking about here?

Have you done a Windows upgrade recently?

I try to answer the best I can. 

Please realize that 95% of issues can be solved through Google.  I'll try to help,  but you need to Google yourself.  

@Angryguy

First I would suggest putting a filter on your ramblings.

Tell us what is wrong in a way that someone would be willing to help. The words Please and Thank go alooooong way and be receptive to giving more assistance.

I served 12 years I have heard it all but your behavior is not to offensive to myself but I find it lacking....

Second Thanks for the specs.

Please list your specs again with name brands (if you know them) include software you have, specifically the OS you use and drivers you have for the offending piece(s) of hardware.

Maybe we can get you what you need.

Drivers can affect hardware in weird ways.

The more info you can giv them more assistance we can provide

Lastly 

Please follow your threads and quote those you are replying to you so you can receive faster responses.

Welcome to the LTT Forum  ;)

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

My Windows is fully updated. My gpu stopped crashing because I turned up the fan speeds. It's now the fucking drivers. I want nvidia to FUCKING FIX THEIR FUCKING DRIVER. THEY ARE COMPLETE SHIT!!!!

Alright

i7 5820k

Asrock Exterme4

Corsair Ballistix DDR4 16GB 4x4

Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB

1TB western digital hard drive

EVGA GTX 980 SC

1000w power supply

Corsair 750D

Corsair H100 All in one Water cooling

This is as specific as I can be.

I would suggest undoing whatever overclocks you have done and run synthetic benchmarks to try to replicate the crash scenarios. You might have a beast system, however temperatures being low isnt everything. For all you know, it may well be the gpu not liking the extra juice pumping in after a while, even if that voltage increase has been fine for months before today.